REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

View Poll Results: It's Election Day!
Liberal 226 57.65%
NDP 57 14.54%
Green 7 1.79%
Conservative 66 16.84%
Other to support fringe beliefs 2 0.51%
Spoiled/Throwaway ballot 3 0.77%
Didn't Vote (BOO) 18 4.59%
Couldn't Vote for a Legit Reason 13 3.32%
Voters: 392. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2015, 01:11 AM   #376
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,357 Times in 3,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludepower View Post
Im voting Trudeau...because he'll decriminalize marijuana.

It strikes a nerve in me that a simple issue can go on for this long.
It's inevitable that marijuana will be legalize with millennials growing up and these old farts dying.

We need to stop with old school fear mongering and start thinking progressively.
According to harper it's way worse than tobacco.

You should checkout votetogether.ca The more Liberals and NDP that get elected the better.
Advertisement
Old 10-09-2015, 06:20 AM   #377
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,238 Times in 5,599 Posts
Strategically voting just to get the ruling party out is fucking pathetic.

Also, if you're main reasoning behind voting liberal is the weed issue you're fucked too. I understand the tax implications of it all. However, if your agenda is simply "legalize it" it's basically legal already.. Anyone can walk into a dispencery and grab virtually as much as they need and smoke it practically anywhere. You really need it legalized?
Old 10-09-2015, 07:36 AM   #378
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,777 Times in 8,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post

Also, if you're main reasoning behind voting liberal is the weed issue you're fucked too. I understand the tax implications of it all. However, if your agenda is simply "legalize it" it's basically legal already.. Anyone can walk into a dispencery and grab virtually as much as they need and smoke it practically anywhere. You really need it legalized?
How can you criticize someone for voting for a leader that supports his views? You might think it's "pathetic" but this is something he would go to jail for in some countries - in some he'd never see the light of day. But here he is, in Canada, trying to elect a leader who will decriminalize it on a federal level. Eventually it could lead to some other important changes that could put Canada ahead of the rest of the world in many other social issues as well. That's not what I'd call "pathetic" or "fucked".

What's pathetic is basing your vote on whether people can wear burkas. What's fucked is supporting a war that we have no reason to be a part of.
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-09-2015, 07:51 AM   #379

Thanked 7,357 Times in 3,446 Posts
Quote:

Well the Libs and NDP policies are more inline with my beliefs and weed may be easy to get in B.C. it's not the same in the rest of Canada. The cons are threatening to shut down dispensaries. They already banned flavored rolling papers and blunt wraps starting December 15th. With the cons out the government would not mast tax payers money on this:

Also it's a more important issue than someones hare or what a person wears. Those 2 issues seem to be the most important with the cons.
Old 10-09-2015, 07:57 AM   #380
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,576 Times in 4,294 Posts
I'm voting today after work!! VOTE PEOPLE VOTE!!!
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 08:03 AM   #381

I can get on board with people who actually have an informed opinion regarding the other parties. But it's seemingly "trendy" to use that strategic voting site amongst young people simply to try and get the conservatives out because they see shit on Facebook etc.

Amongst my siblings friends they are using the site to vote but don't know a single thing about the riding or candidates within it. They simply "want Harper out"

I really hope for some that it turns out like the HST, uninformed voters voting liberal etc. for in their mind a "gain" persoanlly albeit short term. Thinking tax breaks for "the middle class" will benefit them. Ultimately when the small business taxes, personal taxes, and taxing the "wealthiest" I hope that all those people running small business making the 80-300k a year who essentially drive the entire economy are forced to lay off the bottom % of losers who voted themselves into a corner by driving up the taxes for the very people and companies who employ them.
Hondaracer is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-09-2015, 08:12 AM   #382
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,020 Times in 7,110 Posts
What's really pathetic is so many of the conservative supporters hoping for a disaster if the cons get voted out just so they can tell everyone "I told you so."

Shouldn't you be happy if a positive change is made in this country?
Jesus Christ what a stupid fucking attitude to have.

I want whoever is voted in, wether it be the party I have voted for or not to make some positive changes in this country based on environmental policies and reducing inequality. If that ends up being the conservatives after all that I'd be happy to say they did a good job IF they actually do. The attitude that people have that they are always right and are never willing to change their opinions when they learn something is what makes somebody a stupid, ignorant person.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-09-2015, 08:15 AM   #383
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
I find it hilarious that the people who support Harper because "he's good for the economy" actually have no fucking clue about his economic record and policies.

And often have no clue about economics at all.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-09-2015, 08:16 AM   #384
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,576 Times in 4,294 Posts
With the way our economy is going we need a government change plain and simple.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-09-2015, 08:17 AM   #385
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,777 Times in 8,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
What's really pathetic is so many of the conservative supporters hoping for a disaster if the cons get voted out just so they can tell everyone "I told you so."

Shouldn't you be happy if a positive change is made in this country?
Jesus Christ what a stupid fucking attitude to have.
That attitude is common amongst most who would vote conservative

"Them damn hippies don't know how bad they'll fuck things up for themselves if they take away my guns and money!"
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-09-2015, 08:18 AM   #386

That's Politics.
Old 10-09-2015, 08:24 AM   #387

Politics =/= ignorance.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-09-2015, 08:28 AM   #388

I highly doubt there are too many democratic societies on this planet who vote for "their" party thinking "I'll be happy either way"
Old 10-09-2015, 08:29 AM   #389

Thanked 8,872 Times in 3,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
How can you criticize someone for voting for a leader that supports his views? You might think it's "pathetic" but this is something he would go to jail for in some countries - in some he'd never see the light of day. But here he is, in Canada, trying to elect a leader who will decriminalize it on a federal level. Eventually it could lead to some other important changes that could put Canada ahead of the rest of the world in many other social issues as well. That's not what I'd call "pathetic" or "fucked".

What's pathetic is basing your vote on whether people can wear burkas. What's fucked is supporting a war that we have no reason to be a part of.
Anyone who votes based on a single issue should be open to being criticized. If someone is willing to ignore things like the economy, environment, foreign policy, etc because they're only concerned with burkas, weed or guns I think they're a fucking idiot and probably have a bit of a problem with one thing or another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
That attitude is common amongst most who would vote conservative

"Them damn hippies don't know how bad they'll fuck things up for themselves if they take away my guns and money!"
Of course the counter stupidity is those who think everything instantly improves by replacing Harper with anyone, without actually looking into any of the other candidates. I'm not saying it won't happen, but blindly voting for people isn't a good policy.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-09-2015, 08:37 AM   #390

Quote:
I highly doubt there are too many democratic societies on this planet who vote for "their" party thinking "I'll be happy either way"
Clearly, this is going over your head. I don't think I'll be happy if we vote Harper back in, but I don't hope he ruins the fucking country so I can tell some idiot "I was right."
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 10-09-2015, 08:50 AM   #391

My opinions are based on the history of the parties involved. It's hard to be optimistic when I look back at their track record on the key items that concern/directly effect me. So in the end if a party that comes into power does what I suspect they might do, it will justify my opinion and my views against them.

Don't act like any three of these parties don't have the capacity to completely fuck up the country, clearly they do and have in the past. Therefore I'm just throwing my support behind who I think has the best interests for myself personally and the aspects that effect me directly.

While I've got the money on a conservative minority, I think that's just going to be a shit show of debate and veto's on critical topics that should be addressed directly. However, in most ways I feel like getting nothing done at all is better than the potential of what either the NDP or liberals have the capacity to do.
Old 10-09-2015, 09:40 AM   #392
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
With the way our economy is going we need a government change plain and simple.
Yes because spending billions of tax payers money is the way the go. I always want to know if billions of money is spent on social programs where is the money coming from? No party ever gives a clear answer coz they know we won't like it. Money can only come from a few ways
1. Increase income tax
2. Increase corp tax
3 Borrow more thus increasing debt and future generations will have to pay for it.

SO is your pick which options you like to pick.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-09-2015, 09:55 AM   #393

"The way our economy is going"

You mean billions of dollars in surplus?
Old 10-09-2015, 10:29 AM   #394

Lol 1.9 billion hardly constitutes the term "billions."
Does that make up for the deficits of $55.6 billion in 2009-10, $33.4 billion in 2010-11, $26.3 billion in 2011-12, $18.4 billion for 2012-13 and $5.2 billion for 2013-14?
He is literally run over 100 billion in deficit over the last 6 years.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 10-09-2015, 10:33 AM   #395
RS.net PIMP

Thanked 3,057 Times in 824 Posts
If anyone is voting purely only based on 1 specific issue, I find that extremely short sighted. Let's face it, all parties, Conservatives, Liberals, NDP, won't be able to deliver or keep all their campaign promises/platforms, so I find the best method is to have an overall look at the platforms and ideals, rank what is at the top of your personal priority list and take it from there. Anyone insulting someone for voting for one party just because it doesn't agree with their views is ridiculous.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm voting for Harper and the Conservatives as the issues that are at the top of my priority list are security/military and finances/taxes. Being involved as a PMC overseas and seen some of the things going on behind the scenes that most don't, I see the practical value and application of Bill C-51 for the most part. I support the increase in TFSA contribution limits, low corporate and small business rates, lower personal taxes and Nothern Gateway and other pipelines as it is a safer and more efficient method to transport oil than by rail.

It's not that I don't care about the other issues, but they are just personally lower on my personal list of priorities and concerns, such as stricter environmental regulations, legalizing marijuana (which I agree with, just not as important an issue for me compared to other issues) and social spending/programs. Everyone just vote on what ideals and policies are at the top of your personal priority list, no need to behave like children insulting someone for not voting for your party or being concerned with issues you find important.
7seven is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-09-2015, 10:38 AM   #396
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Trying to base the success of the economy on the size of deficit or surplus is incorrect. If GDP growth is next to nothing and median incomes have flatlined, then what's the point of trying to save a small surplus? That kind of economic strategy is terrible. I'm all for running a deficit to invest in infrastructure, education and technology try to jump start the Canadian economy.
Old 10-09-2015, 10:40 AM   #397
HELP ME PLS!!!

everyone who uses 'strategic voting' basically are one-issue voters. they are the one-issue of A-B-C. It's obvious that they don't really care who their vote goes for, or what any of the parties represent, as long as it's not conservative.

I don't find anything wrong with being a single issue voter. that's what elections are all about. you pander to what you think the voters want. if the majority of people all believe that people should be forced to wear banana's on their head, then why isn't that a good reason?

I'm most concerned about keeping the most of my money. I couldn't give a fuck about niqabs, weed, making sure transgendered dogs are protected ... but I also respect the people who believe converting cities to all greenspace is their priority.

*its not the size of your army that matters; it's the fury of it's onslaught!*

█♣█
carisear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 10:41 AM   #398

I'm not basing our economy on that at all, merely pointing out yet again hondaracer is spouting off facts he hasn't even bothered to verify.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-09-2015, 11:01 AM   #399

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'm not basing our economy on that at all, merely pointing out yet again hondaracer is spouting off facts he hasn't even bothered to verify.
Conservatives promise surpluses in the billions, if re-elected - NEWS 1130
Old 10-09-2015, 11:14 AM   #400

OH WOW THEY PROMISED IT IT MUST BE ALREADY HAPPENING!!!!!
Lots of parties (all of them) will make promises they can't keep. This could easily be one of them.
Every single party has promised to grow the economy in some form or another, what makes the conservatives a guarantee and the others unrealistic?
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Quote: