REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

View Poll Results: It's Election Day!
Liberal 226 57.65%
NDP 57 14.54%
Green 7 1.79%
Conservative 66 16.84%
Other to support fringe beliefs 2 0.51%
Spoiled/Throwaway ballot 3 0.77%
Didn't Vote (BOO) 18 4.59%
Couldn't Vote for a Legit Reason 13 3.32%
Voters: 392. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2015, 11:14 AM   #401
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

I would argue that strategically voting makes more sense for NDP and Liberal supporters because their platforms are closer to each others than they are to the Conservatives who are further right.
Advertisement
twixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-09-2015, 11:31 AM   #402
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,238 Times in 5,599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
OH WOW THEY PROMISED IT IT MUST BE ALREADY HAPPENING!!!!!
Lots of parties (all of them) will make promises they can't keep. This could easily be one of them.
Every single party has promised to grow the economy in some form or another, what makes the conservatives a guarantee and the others unrealistic?
Well, it is already happening (a surplus that is)
Old 10-09-2015, 12:17 PM   #403
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Well, it is already happening (a surplus that is)
As are spending cuts with with harmful long-term effects, but at least they look good for an election.
Old 10-09-2015, 12:20 PM   #404
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,238 Times in 5,599 Posts
Nigga, we all just playin the circle game

It's like the lion with a name, whatever happens, 8 months from now we all be back here not talking about it
Old 10-09-2015, 01:37 PM   #405
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,355 Times in 3,445 Posts
Voting ABC is voting against harpers policies. Most of the things harper is for the Libs/NDP are against. I'm a Liberal supporter but in district the lib candidate is in 4th place. The con is someone who gratuated from a non accredited bible in Texas. The Greens are in 3rd but have no change of winning so my only choice is the NDP. Anyone voting con should look at all the con candidates and see if find one that would make a good cabinet minister.

Now lets look at the issues.

Economy: harper has been terrible for the economy. My family owns a small bussiness and we has made our lives harder.

Pipeline: harper will never get a pipeline built. Just because someone is pro pipe does not mean they don't want the environment protected. If he would of come out and said we are changing/strengthening environmental laws so we will have the safest pipelines in the world he would have lat lots of support from people in the middle. He instead weakened environmental laws. The next president of the US will be a democrat and will not allow a pipe threw the US with harper in power.

Military: Bombing ISIS is all for show. We could have helped in other ways but harper wanted to look tough. The problem with ISIS has gotten worse but Canadian bombing have decreased since the election. Probably because harpers afraid if a plane goes down during the election he will lose votes.

Vets: Military vets hate him and are suing him.
Veterans declare war on Harper | National Observer
Old 10-09-2015, 04:25 PM   #406
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
As are spending cuts with with harmful long-term effects, but at least they look good for an election.
pretty much. cuts to public sector, selling off our country bit by bit to whoever wants it..

Stephen Harper government sells multibillion-dollar stake in General Motors | Toronto Star

shit like that is what has created a "surplus" for this past year after years of huge deficits. go team harper.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-09-2015, 04:45 PM   #407
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 4,525 Times in 1,357 Posts

Timpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 06:21 PM   #408
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
Voting today

hardly anyone at the polls for early voting, so save yourself some time and go early
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-10-2015, 12:09 PM   #409
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,355 Times in 3,445 Posts
Just voted took about 15 minutes. Feels good.
Old 10-10-2015, 01:03 PM   #410
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
so who you voting for?.
Old 10-10-2015, 01:17 PM   #411
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,478 Times in 1,679 Posts
-only waited about three minutes to get to the voting booth at my advanced poll station. #ABC
Old 10-10-2015, 08:16 PM   #412
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Hundreds of Canadian university professors are condemning the campaign strategy of Stephen Harper's Conservative Party, which they allege has turned, in the last weeks of the election, to mongering fear and hate in order to win votes.

In an open letter, signed by over 600 academics from a wide array of disciplines and published this morning in the Ottawa Citizen, the scholars state that the Conservative campaign has "flagrantly crossed the line" with its messaging about "barbaric cultural practices" — a term the letter claims is specifically tailored to play on bigotry without sounding bigoted.

C'mon we are Canadian we are better than this. This type of Racist bigot politics has no place in our society. I go to many car meets and meet amazing people of all colors it's what makes this Country great, this Politics by the Conservatives is just garbage. Please get out and Vote and show how great this Country can be.
booge_man is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-10-2015, 10:48 PM   #413
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,687 Times in 1,624 Posts
I have a question - i emailed elections Canada but they haven't replied.

We moved about 2 weeks ago, and the voter cards were mailed to the old address - just picked them up yesterday. Obviously the address shown on the cards is wrong now, but we don't have any bills or anything mailed to the new address yet - it may come sometime next week, not sure yet.

Do I just show up on voting day and tell them what happened? Which voting station do I have to go to? My licence still shows the old address (the ones the voter cards were mailed to) - still haven't received the sticker yet from ICBC.
inv4zn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 11:35 PM   #414
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post

We moved about 2 weeks ago, and the voter cards were mailed to the old address - just picked them up yesterday. Obviously the address shown on the cards is wrong now, but we don't have any bills or anything mailed to the new address yet - it may come sometime next week, not sure yet.

Do I just show up on voting day and tell them what happened? Which voting station do I have to go to? My licence still shows the old address (the ones the voter cards were mailed to) - still haven't received the sticker yet from ICBC.
You can just go onto the Elections Canada website and fill out a form that addresses your change of... er, address. I just did it for myself a couple days ago. There is a deadline for how late you can fill it out, however.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-10-2015, 11:41 PM   #415
nah
My homepage has been set to RS

I'm actually leaning towards the Liberals and I've always been a Conservative voter. As my buddy said, Trudeau is the smartest of the bunch. We might think of having another kid and the 18 months Harper proposes is appealing but I don't think Harper the man to take us out of this recession. Frankly, we just need new blood in government, Harper's had 10 years and it's time for him to move on.
nah is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2015, 12:54 AM   #416
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by booge_man View Post
Hundreds of Canadian university professors are condemning the campaign strategy of Stephen Harper's Conservative Party, which they allege has turned, in the last weeks of the election, to mongering fear and hate in order to win votes.

In an open letter, signed by over 600 academics from a wide array of disciplines and published this morning in the Ottawa Citizen, the scholars state that the Conservative campaign has "flagrantly crossed the line" with its messaging about "barbaric cultural practices" — a term the letter claims is specifically tailored to play on bigotry without sounding bigoted.

C'mon we are Canadian we are better than this. This type of Racist bigot politics has no place in our society. I go to many car meets and meet amazing people of all colors it's what makes this Country great, this Politics by the Conservatives is just garbage. Please get out and Vote and show how great this Country can be.
Good luck with that. Harper has shown he has little respect if at all for intelligence. His government has actively silenced scientists and destroyed valuable data. When the profits of private sector cronies takes priority, facts become the enemy.
Old 10-11-2015, 08:56 AM   #417

Quote:
Originally Posted by inv4zn View Post

If what LOMAC suggested doesn't work you can go in and vote on a Special Ballot for your old riding. A vote is still a vote even if it's not where you currently reside.

I'm in Ontario right now and voted for my BC riding by a Special Ballot. Came in, I wrote in who I was voting for in my riding, sealed the envelpe and EC mails it to my riding's EC office. No pre registration needed in the area you are just show up.

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2015, 08:58 AM   #418

Quote:
Originally Posted by nah View Post
I'm actually leaning towards the Liberals and I've always been a Conservative voter. As my buddy said, Trudeau is the smartest of the bunch. We might think of having another kid and the 18 months Harper proposes is appealing but I don't think Harper the man to take us out of this recession. Frankly, we just need new blood in government, Harper's had 10 years and it's time for him to move on.
I've been a lifetime CPC supporter until the last few years. This year I voted Liberal. Justin has really started to shine int he last month or so and in my opinion really found his voice as a leader.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vkb-yIzCiE&spfreload=10[/youtube]

If this is still in my sig, it's still avail.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2015, 05:31 PM   #419

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
Listening to an NDP funded liberal party slam advert on the radio while you read about Mulcairs newfound interest in a Lib/NDP coalition government

- Priceless

I bet a coalition looks pretty good now that your party is on the outs, you donkey.

Trudeau or Harper, I'll be happy either way.
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 07:04 PM   #420
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
I'm a tried and true Green supporter; this year, though, I voted strategically. I don't feel good about it but Trudeau would be an excellent leader and Harper needs to go.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2015, 07:25 PM   #421

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
voted today. fucking hell, had to wait a total of 50min's in the line to vote. so sick of this old school method of voting. we really need to go electronic.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 07:51 PM   #422
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,775 Times in 8,169 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidish View Post
voted today. fucking hell, had to wait a total of 50min's in the line to vote. so sick of this old school method of voting. we really need to go electronic.
But then way more people, especially young people, would vote! And we don't want that
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 07:58 PM   #423
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,017 Times in 7,108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
I'm a tried and true Green supporter; this year, though, I voted strategically. I don't feel good about it but Trudeau would be an excellent leader and Harper needs to go.
My thoughts, as usual MB are with you on this one. Voted today. Would have preferred to vote green but Trudeau has been quite charismatic this election and I hope his government can get us on the right track. No more fear mongering, racist tactics, disregard for the environment and social programs is the Canada I know and love, and I'm really missing it.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2015, 08:10 PM   #424
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidish View Post
I think there's a law that allows your employer to go vote during work hours.

50 mins well spent
Old 10-11-2015, 08:10 PM   #425
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
It's shocking to see the number of us defecting from our parties of choice to Justin Trudeau's Liberals.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote