REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

View Poll Results: It's Election Day!
Liberal 226 57.65%
NDP 57 14.54%
Green 7 1.79%
Conservative 66 16.84%
Other to support fringe beliefs 2 0.51%
Spoiled/Throwaway ballot 3 0.77%
Didn't Vote (BOO) 18 4.59%
Couldn't Vote for a Legit Reason 13 3.32%
Voters: 392. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2015, 10:50 AM   #476
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,330 Times in 5,645 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Dude,

I am not religious by any means, but especially with Pope Francis, I have nothing but utmost respect for him, and I trust that a lot of people share the same view. So please, do not speak ill of him in a general, abstract sense.
Yea, that ol' Catholic Church really aligns with my views on touching young boys penises and a complete intolerance of others!
Advertisement
Old 10-13-2015, 11:34 AM   #477
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Yea, that ol' Catholic Church really aligns with my views on touching young boys penises and a complete intolerance of others!
and yet you are still voting con.
Old 10-13-2015, 11:42 AM   #478
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
and yet you are still voting con.
The more of your posts I read, the less I want to vote Conservative, you make it very clear that those cuts to adult literacy are really having a negative impact on society.

Conservative government abandoning us, literacy groups say | Ottawa Citizen

Spoiler!

I'm actually leaning to the Liberals a bit now, not enough to vote, but enough to not vote for the Cons.
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 11:49 AM   #479
HELP ME PLS!!!

Still deciding between Trudeau or Mulclair... There are some policy's that I like and dislike from both parties.

I live in a riding where NDP had won their seat for the past 4 elections, so......?????
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 12:03 PM   #480
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Voted for the dude with the good hair...

EDIT: Just to be more clear on this, I thank the conservative party for all their immensely informative ads. It really did solidify how important nice hair is.

It would be really embarrassing having our countries head (pun intended) look like this:

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2015, 12:12 PM   #481
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
I'll be honest I haven't followed the debates or promises that close but how are any of these party's going to keep any promises they've made? Unless i'm missing something we're headed to a minority government and nobody will be able to do anything without the support of at least one other major party. That worked really well when the Conservatives had a minority so well that we kept going back to the polls until they had a majority.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2015, 12:42 PM   #482
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,298 Times in 2,510 Posts
If Trudeau and Mulcair remain true to their word, it seems unlikely that'll be a Conservative minority government at all -- neither Trudeau nor Mulcair will support the Cons, and I doubt there'll be enough Greens / independents to prop Harper up to form a minority government. Reciting from my decidedly poor Canadian parliamentary history, I think there have been past precedence where the party with the most seats did not manage to form government -- the runner up received the blessings (and support) from the 2nd runner up to form government instead.

At this point, it seems most likely to me that we will see some kind of minority government lead by the Liberals, with support coming from NDP. IMO, it makes more sense for Mulcair to seek a coalition government with Trudeau since I think the NDP can squeeze more out of this election that way. If the NDP can secure a coalition government, it means they can have a few NDP MPs to be appointed to key positions -- probably a fixed number of ministers or something along those lines. This will give them a lot more say in federal government operations.

If the NDP are merely happy to play the supporter role, the ministers will all be Liberal MPs. While I see this being an inferior arrangement for NDP, they can still leverage their position and bend the Liberals to accommodate some of their demands when policies are drafted, but without actually doing the heavy duty lifting work themselves. Plus, if things go sideways with certain policies, they can wash their hands clean and claim that it was a Liberals-lead policy, instead of one that is lead by NDP.

Personally, I think a Liberals minority government is more likely, but I would prefer a Lib-NDP coalition instead, since I think a coalition government will likely last longer.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2015, 12:42 PM   #483
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasi View Post
I'll be honest I haven't followed the debates or promises that close but how are any of these party's going to keep any promises they've made?
They will likely forget most of their election promises when they win.

Our political system has failed, it does not run effectively and efficiently, and if you ask me what a better solution would be. I wouldn't know either.

It's really a matter of choosing the lesser of three evils. Which is sad in reality cause ideally, there shouldn't be any evils.

Last edited by willystyle; 10-13-2015 at 12:51 PM.
Old 10-13-2015, 12:50 PM   #484
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
If Trudeau and Mulcair remain true to their word, it seems unlikely that'll be a Conservative minority government at all -- neither Trudeau nor Mulcair will support the Cons, and I doubt there'll be enough Greens / independents to prop Harper up to form a minority government. Reciting from my decidedly poor Canadian parliamentary history, I think there have been past precedence where the party with the most seats did not manage to form government -- the runner up received the blessings (and support) from the 2nd runner up to form government instead.

At this point, it seems most likely to me that we will see some kind of minority government lead by the Liberals, with support coming from NDP. IMO, it makes more sense for Mulcair to seek a coalition government with Trudeau since I think the NDP can squeeze more out of this election that way. If the NDP can secure a coalition government, it means they can have a few NDP MPs to be appointed to key positions -- probably a fixed number of ministers or something along those lines. This will give them a lot more say in federal government operations.

If the NDP are merely happy to play the supporter role, the ministers will all be Liberal MPs. While I see this being an inferior arrangement for NDP, they can still leverage their position and bend the Liberals to accommodate some of their demands when policies are drafted, but without actually doing the heavy duty lifting work themselves. Plus, if things go sideways with certain policies, they can wash their hands clean and claim that it was a Liberals-lead policy, instead of one that is lead by NDP.

Personally, I think a Liberals minority government is more likely, but I would prefer a Lib-NDP coalition instead, since I think a coalition government will likely last longer.
Trudeau didn't appear to have any issues siding with Harper with the passing of Bill C-51.

Mulclair stated yesterday that he will not support the Liberals to form a coalition government. Take it for what it's worth cause politicians always change their damn minds.
Old 10-13-2015, 01:17 PM   #485
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikkaku View Post
I am sorry to correct you on this, but the word is through.
Thank yew.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2015, 01:21 PM   #486
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by willystyle View Post

Mulclair stated yesterday that he will not support the Liberals to form a coalition government. Take it for what it's worth cause politicians always change their damn minds.
Other way around, Mulcair expressed an interest in joining forces with Trudeau, Trudeau said he wasn't interested in working with the NDP if Mulcair was in the picture.

Video: Mulcair says Trudeau 'slammed the door' on coalition - The Globe and Mail

If I was to make a bet, there will be no coalition, there will a silent partnership between the Libs and Cons, regardless of which party wins the most seats.
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2015, 01:21 PM   #487
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,298 Times in 2,510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by willystyle View Post
Trudeau didn't appear to have any issues siding with Harper with the passing of Bill C-51.

Well, we know they are all flagrant liars. Trudeau has previously stated that he will not support the Cons to form a minority government with Liberal support, so that is where I drew my conclusion from.

I would not at all be surprised to see them changing stance as soon as election results come out. But we will see.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 06:21 PM   #488
nah
My homepage has been set to RS

If/when the NDP lose, Mulcair will be gone and they will elect a new leader.
nah is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2015, 06:27 PM   #489
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
so the cons are placing chinese ads stating the liberals support brothels....are they trying to help the libs win??

Conservatives repeat Liberal brothel claim despite no evidence - NEWS 1130
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2015, 06:33 PM   #490

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
The Greens would be less likely to support the Cons than the NDP and Libs. They're more left than either.

I saw on Global's site that the projections are 1 seat for the Greens and 3 for the Bloc. No independents. It's very much a 3-way race with the NDP being the dark horse.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 06:36 PM   #491
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo View Post
Other way around, Mulcair expressed an interest in joining forces with Trudeau, Trudeau said he wasn't interested in working with the NDP if Mulcair was in the picture.

Video: Mulcair says Trudeau 'slammed the door' on coalition - The Globe and Mail

If I was to make a bet, there will be no coalition, there will a silent partnership between the Libs and Cons, regardless of which party wins the most seats.
You would think Trudeau would be all for working with the NDP considering thats how his dads government survived in the 70s (though it also wasnt an official coalition)

Not to mention the greatest achievements for Canadians occurred when Tommy Douglas and Lester Pearson worked together
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 06:41 PM   #492
"Entertainment" mod.

Thanked 3,428 Times in 1,049 Posts
Old 10-13-2015, 07:12 PM   #493
nah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
The Greens would be less likely to support the Cons than the NDP and Libs. They're more left than either.

I saw on Global's site that the projections are 1 seat for the Greens and 3 for the Bloc. No independents. It's very much a 3-way race with the NDP being the dark horse.
Oh thank god we might eventually see the Bloc going away...
nah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 09:22 PM   #494

cheez,, they can't say they will support each other before the elections... cause that's a given way to lose votes... people will think it don't matter if i vote ndp or lib.. in the end they will form a coalition either way..

wait for elections to pan out, then the dealing start.
tool001 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-13-2015, 09:38 PM   #495
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,582 Times in 4,298 Posts
WOW I'm surprised and happy about how many people are voting Liberal compared to the Conservatives.. Hopefully this is more of the case out side of RS
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 09:49 PM   #496

Thanked 8,920 Times in 3,876 Posts
Looking at the poll options, are you guys calling a spoiled ballot a throwaway? Or is that referring to something else?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 10:09 PM   #497
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tool001 View Post
cheez,, they can't say they will support each other before the elections... cause that's a given way to lose votes... people will think it don't matter if i vote ndp or lib.. in the end they will form a coalition either way..

wait for elections to pan out, then the dealing start.
This.

Saying you're willing to form a coalition is basically stating you're going to lose and are trying to hedge your bets. No one wants to admit they're going to lose ahead of voting day.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 10:12 PM   #498

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Looking at the poll options, are you guys calling a spoiled ballot a throwaway? Or is that referring to something else?
I think it means voting for some esoteric party (eg. Marxist-Leninist) not because you support their ideals, but to protest the mainstream parties.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 07:06 AM   #499

Thanked 8,920 Times in 3,876 Posts
Interesting, I thought a spoiled ballot was the best way to do that.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 07:48 AM   #500

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: