REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

View Poll Results: It's Election Day!
Liberal 226 57.65%
NDP 57 14.54%
Green 7 1.79%
Conservative 66 16.84%
Other to support fringe beliefs 2 0.51%
Spoiled/Throwaway ballot 3 0.77%
Didn't Vote (BOO) 18 4.59%
Couldn't Vote for a Legit Reason 13 3.32%
Voters: 392. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-20-2015, 12:04 AM   #751
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by willystyle View Post
I suppose the Conservatives shot themselves in the foot for this one cause they allowed this to happen. In previous elections, they weren't allowed to announce the results until all polling stations were closed.
I don't think there was any option - social media makes it impossible to withhold information, and it's pointless to prohibit the media from releasing it when most people will find out anyway. They tried that last election, IIRC, and the news channels got left in the dust.
Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 12:33 AM   #752
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Thanked 2,331 Times in 213 Posts
Troll vote count .lol

Lol at the reaction of the newscasters
Old 10-20-2015, 12:44 AM   #753
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,357 Times in 3,446 Posts
Harper shirts get them while they are hot!!!!!

Stephen Harper for Canada Tees | Zazzle
Old 10-20-2015, 02:02 AM   #754
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,006 Times in 159 Posts
the only harper i'll ever like is dillion

Old 10-20-2015, 06:17 AM   #755
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,238 Times in 5,599 Posts
Can't help but feel a little weaker as we were yesterday, both within Canada and as a nation in the global eye

Manic and CRS PM me however u want to get paid, PayPal or interac transfer
Old 10-20-2015, 06:48 AM   #756
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
^Class move
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 07:33 AM   #757

Thanked 8,872 Times in 3,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
In other words, people are saying he is all talk. I do not support Trudeau even though I voted Liberals this time. But for Canada's sake, I hope he will prove them wrong.

(But I seriously question whether he can / will...)
That was the vibe I got from the debate, he says a lot of things that sound lovely but when you dig into them it's just fluff.

I certainly hope that he does a good job, and that people voted for him because they want him to lead this country and not because it was cool to jump on the anti-Harper bandwagon, but currently I'm not fully confident this will be the case.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2015, 07:43 AM   #758

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts
Thank god it's over.

Now things can go back to the way they used to be... before everyone became an expert on the constitution, finance and foreign policy 3 months ago.

Nothing worse than the sheeple bitching and complaining about Harper 24/7, especially when they are the same people I always see on Facebook sharing "This guy broke his girlfriends heart, but you won't believe what she did next" clickbait garbage.

Best part of the election for me was watching the NDP come up way short on seats compared to the polling (Expected 74 seats, ended up with 44). Go back to being the fringe party you are supposed to be

See everyone in 4 years lol

Edit: Funny side note, layoffs at work this morning hahaha #blameJustin
jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-20-2015, 07:55 AM   #759
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,478 Times in 1,679 Posts
Harper is stepping down as Conservative Leader! Woo hoo!

Stephen Harper to step down as Conservative leader - NEWS 1130

CALGARY – Stephen Harper’s string of election victories has come to an end with the Conservative Party reduced to opposition status and the prime minister preparing to step down as its chief.

Harper did not mention his decision when speaking to party supporters in Calgary — saying only that the responsibility for his party’s disappointment rests with him.

But a statement from party president John Walsh says Harper has asked him to reach out to his much smaller parliamentary caucus to request they choose an interim replacement.

Harper said tonight that the Conservatives gave everything they had to give in this election campaign — and they have no regrets.

He says the results were not what the party hoped for — but he accepts them without hesitation because the people are never wrong.

Harper also says he spoke by phone to Liberal leader Justin Trudeau to offer his congratulations and to offer his full co-operation in the transition of government over the coming days.

The grousing about what happened to the Conservatives and who should shoulder the blame has already begun.

One party source blames a bad campaign and Harper fatigue while Jason Kenney — one of the few Harper cabinet ministers who were re-elected — says the change narrative being presented by the other parties was just too strong for Harper to beat back.

Kenney won’t comment on whether he will be a leadership candidate but says the party needs a conservatism that is “sunnier and more optimistic than what we have sometimes conveyed.”
Old 10-20-2015, 08:21 AM   #760
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by willystyle View Post
I suppose the Conservatives shot themselves in the foot for this one cause they allowed this to happen. In previous elections, they weren't allowed to announce the results until all polling stations were closed.
Not really. The Atlantic Canada results just started trickling in at 630 and by 645, it was only 5-0-0 for the Liberals. By the times the polls closed at 7 here, it was maybe 10-0-0. In reality, polls were just about closed by the time results were hitting the air.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 08:22 AM   #761
...in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackp0t View Post
Troll vote count .lol

Lol at the reaction of the newscasters
LOL I remember Mansbridge said something like "...okay, are you kidding me? 5 to 4 to 1? These aren't even worth mentioning...I mean...all votes are worth mentioning... "
This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2015, 08:57 AM   #762
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,307 Times in 1,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Can't help but feel a little weaker as we were yesterday, both within Canada and as a nation in the global eye

Manic and CRS PM me however u want to get paid, PayPal or interac transfer
Big shoutout to Hondaracer for following through!

He is certainly a man of his word.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 09:04 AM   #763
My homepage has been set to RS

that is respect

[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 i find that at vietnamese place they cut ur hair like they cut grass
[23-07, 02:03] shawn79 do u go to vietnamese places for haircuts
trancehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 09:11 AM   #764
I subscribe to Revscene

Hondaracer for PM
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2015, 09:36 AM   #765

Thanked 3,242 Times in 861 Posts
With Harper out Hondaracer for Cons 2019!
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 09:39 AM   #766
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,238 Times in 5,599 Posts
I got fucked hard on a bet on a different forum where I bet a couple clowns the Nucks would beat the Bruins the year after the cup run, regular season. One guy paid up and the two others were in cahoots and paid me $50 each but in Korean currency, which was like $1.18 or somthing at the time. Was ready to throw my computer through the fucking wall after that.

Not that I wasn't a man of integrity before, but that just reinforced my honor in betting lol
Old 10-20-2015, 10:04 AM   #767

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
I got fucked hard on a bet on a different forum where I bet a..
This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2015, 10:43 AM   #768
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

This election I feel that it is more "punish" harper instead of voting for the party's platform which IMO I think the Conservatives had the best.

It's similar to the time where we "punished" the Liberals by eliminating the HST even though it's the clearly superior tax policy. Felt good for a couple of days and your big mac got cheaper but hey, the tax on a used car is still 12%.
noclue is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2015, 10:49 AM   #769
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,307 Times in 1,775 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noclue View Post
This election I feel that it is more "punish" harper instead of voting for the party's platform which IMO I think the Conservatives had the best.

It's similar to the time where we "punished" the Liberals by eliminating the HST even though it's the clearly superior tax policy. Felt good for a couple of days and your big mac got cheaper but hey, the tax on a used car is still 12%.
This is not similar AT ALL.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2015, 10:59 AM   #770
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,151 Times in 2,395 Posts
In my view, Cons have run our economy into a recession, the balanced budget was simply a ploy for the new election and was forced in the face of crashing oil prices and a weakening economy. If you look at the deficit in the years Harper took office, it's a totally different story.

In 2014 the Cons ran a nearly $17b deficit (and that is small compared to previous years), yet they are attacking Libs in ads for wanting to run $10b the next 3 years to try and dig Canada out of the recession?
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2015, 11:01 AM   #771

Thanked 8,872 Times in 3,849 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Not really. The Atlantic Canada results just started trickling in at 630 and by 645, it was only 5-0-0 for the Liberals. By the times the polls closed at 7 here, it was maybe 10-0-0. In reality, polls were just about closed by the time results were hitting the air.
Where were you seeing the results? The CBC page was showing info a lot earlier than that.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 11:02 AM   #772
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,576 Times in 4,294 Posts
CTV and CBC was showing those results at 5pm
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 11:41 AM   #773
...in the world.

Yeah but nothing changed until around 630 when it went to about 10-0-0. Pretty insignificant. We already knew the Libs would be strong in Atlantic Canada.

It's not like we knew how everyone in Canada voted except BC. Didn't even know about Alberta til 8. I don't see this as a big deal or a huge mistake by the Cons.
Old 10-20-2015, 12:00 PM   #774

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
In my view, Cons have run our economy into a recession, the balanced budget was simply a ploy for the new election and was forced in the face of crashing oil prices and a weakening economy. If you look at the deficit in the years Harper took office, it's a totally different story.

In 2014 the Cons ran a nearly $17b deficit (and that is small compared to previous years), yet they are attacking Libs in ads for wanting to run $10b the next 3 years to try and dig Canada out of the recession?
I think you need to brush up on macro econ.

The global market is what determines whether or not we are in a recession, not the federal Gov.

If anything, running a deficit should help us avoid a recession, which is exactly what the cons did when they started hemorrhaging money in 2007. If they hadn't have pissed oodles of money into the economy, life would have been a lot different over the last 8 years. (Not in a good way, more like a 10%+ unemployment way and an economic depression)

Domestically there is only so much influence we have on our economy, it's the rest of the world that calls the shots.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-20-2015, 12:08 PM   #775
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,232 Times in 2,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonturbo View Post
The global market is what determines whether or not we are in a recession, not the federal Gov.

If anything, running a deficit should help us avoid a recession, which is exactly what the cons did when they started hemorrhaging money in 2007. If they hadn't have pissed oodles of money into the economy, life would have been a lot different over the last 8 years. (Not in a good way, more like a 10%+ unemployment way and an economic depression)

Domestically there is only so much influence we have on our economy, it's the rest of the world that calls the shots.
In addition to what you mentioned above, I would also credit the Cons and the Libs (prior to 2006) for building / ensuring we had a strong financial base prior to the global recession. However, much of this credit would fall on the late Jim Flaherty and Paul Martin. Without that strong base and a solid financial infrastructure, we wouldn't have come out of the global recession as well as we did.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote