REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > The John Norwich Riders Corner

The John Norwich Riders Corner In honour of our fellow moderator: John Norwich R.I.P. September 17th, 2014
Buy, sell, trade bikes and gear, set up bike rallies, meet discussions. #revscenebikes

Old 08-08-2015, 09:56 AM   #1
2-Wheelin' Mod

Rumour : new range of Triumph Street Triples

A bit of history.

20 years ago Triumph introduced the Speed Triple. It was a smash hit. In the meantime the company was going through turbulent time. The company's sportbike division was a mess and the company really didn't have an identifiable, modern product besides the Speed Triple.

For the 2006 MY, Triumph introduced the Daytona 675. A svelte, ultra-modern sportbike that features a three-cylinder motor ... a departure from the four-cylinder motors it had featured in the Daytona 600 and 650.

In 2007, Triumph stripped the Daytona of its fairings, attached a new subframe and built a wonderful naked bike, the Street Triple. The Street Triple has been a smash success for the Hinkley-based manufacturer.

Now, rumours are rampant that Triumph is readying an entirely new range of Street Triples to replace the Street Triple/Street Triple R/Street Triple Rx.

Rumours suggest that the all-new bike will feature a fresh, 800cc three-cylinder engine based on that recently incorporated into the Tiger 800.

Rumours suggest :

-new 800cc engine
-four-model range
-different fairing variations
-TFT clocks, multiple rider modes and rider-aides
-updated styling

Street Triple 800 on the way | MCN

Triumph Rumored to Show the Street Triple 800 as 2017 Model - autoevolution

2007 Triumph Street Triple
First Gen

2013 Triumph Street Triple R
Second Gen

2015 Triumph Street Triple Rx
-note the Daytona 675 subframe mated to the bike
Advertisement
Old 08-08-2015, 10:42 AM   #2
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
Never been a fan of Triumph bikes but I hope they do something special with this. Theres a market for these types of bikes now, but if they keep the same styling and just offer a different motor I dont see it doing well.

07-17 G37 RWD Coupe Coilovers FOR SALE BRAND NEW
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 03:28 PM   #3
Need my Daily Fix of RS

The Street/Speed Triple has always had a market and cult following... but not so much in North America.

06+ Yamaha R6 parts!

My Feedback
RunningFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 03:31 PM   #4
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

The looks and engine are definitely an acquired taste. People either love it or hate it.
It seriously sounds like a sewing machine on steroids.
Old 08-09-2015, 07:41 AM   #5
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Yeah I'm not really a huge fan of the headlights, but that's what makes them iconic I guess.

I love the engine though... triples sound badass piped!

06+ Yamaha R6 parts!

My Feedback
RunningFree is offline   Reply With Quote