REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > House and Home Renovations

House and Home Renovations THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Designing your new condo or townhouse? Renovating your kitchen? Share your photos and project ideas with other experts here! We're not just modifying our cars anymore..

Old 08-13-2015, 08:39 AM   #1
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Water leak in condo

Having never dealt with this before i assume the water leak is coming from the person upstairs, this shower has maybe been used 5 times in 6 years. Is this something the strata will take care of, my problem, or the person above me?
Any help is appreciated.
If i touch the roof it feels slightly damp, not soggy. Whats the correct way to fix this?

Advertisement
VR6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 08:44 AM   #2
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Call the strata and the building manager and tell them there is a water leak.
They will send over people to figure out where the water is coming from.

If the leak is from the upstairs unit, then they will send them the bill.

If the leak is from the pipes, then the strata will pay to fix it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-05-2015, 08:46 AM   #3
Banned By Establishment

Strata should take care of it.
Anything in the walls is the buildings responsibilities.
We had that problem in an older condo before. Strata took care of everything.

Make sure you have your insurance up to date as another unit had a water leak from above that leaked into their bedroom and water damaged a lot of things. They did not renew their insurance, so their water damaged property was not covered.
Only the damage to the ceiling and walls are covered by the strata. Personal property is covered by your own insurance.
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote