REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-14-2015, 01:31 PM   #1
Zombie Mod
Thanked 4,081 Times in 1,152 Posts
Kwantlen to offer course on growing and selling weed

If you were ever thinking about growing and selling marijuana, Kwantlen Polytechnic University in British Columbia may have the course for you.

This fall, the university will offer a course called Introduction to Professional Management of Marijuana for Medical Purposes in Canada, believed to be the first of its kind, which will teach students how to operate a marijuana business under new government regulations.

The 14-week online course will be taught by Tegan Adams, who works as a business development manager at Experchem Laboratories Inc. The company does cannabis testing and helps producers with their submissions to Health Canada.

"You have a lot of people that are really good at growing marijuana who are used to black market and a lot of people that are investing in the marijuana industry are coming from different industries and there is a gap in the middle where Health Canada is regulating their production and neither of those two groups knows how to deal with it," Adams told Rick Cluff on CBC Radio's The Early Edition.

Tray of pot
Recent changes to rules governing medical marijuana mean that there is a gap in knowledge on how to stay on the right side of the law. (Lisa Xing/CBC)

According to Adams, this creates an opportunity for management professionals to break into the industry and act as a liaison between all the parties involved.

The course will be split into four modules — plant production, legalities and regulations, marketing and sales and medical conditions and drug development.

Currently there are only 25 federally licensed growing facilities in Canada. Thirteen of those are in Ontario and six are in B.C.

Adams said people need to be concerned with the rules if they want to grow legally and that is what the course will focus on.

"If you want to do that illegally, I'm sure there are many ways to look into that, but if you want to comply with federal guidelines and be part of a growing industry, that's more the audience we are looking at," Adams said.
source: CBC

Pot Class (interview)
If my parents forced me to go to college, I would pick this for one of my courses. Credit or not!
Romans 10:9
This post thanked by:
Old 08-14-2015, 03:13 PM   #2
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
Kwantlen/Langara continuing study are such a fucking joke.
This post thanked by:
Old 08-14-2015, 05:24 PM   #3
Rs has made me the man i am today!
Thanked 3,543 Times in 883 Posts
Lol, kwantlen is a fucking joke itself anyway. They can offer whatever the fuck they want. Maybe start offering brothel management 101 too.
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-14-2015, 07:09 PM   #4
MiX iT Up!
Thanked 1,840 Times in 738 Posts
C'mmon this fits the demographic in Surrey. Why is anyone surprised?

Brothel Management 401 will be a hit in Richmond.

disclosure: i'm from surrey. i went to kwantlen.

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
This post thanked by: