REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 08-16-2015, 01:41 AM   #1
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
coconut oil pulling for teeth

Apparently, there are quite a few studies that support this process and a lot of people swear by it.

It is claimed to whiten your teeth, make your breath fresher and lead to massive improvements in oral health.

Oil Pulling With Coconut Oil Can Transform Your Dental Health

very beneficial!

ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 03:33 AM   #2

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
try it op and report back to us with results
Old 08-16-2015, 03:47 AM   #3
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,808 Times in 8,185 Posts
Non-quack source of info, seems pretty legit actually
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 11:46 AM   #4
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,755 Times in 544 Posts
I've done it for two days now. But haven't see any big differences yet
ilovebacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 02:18 PM   #5
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,276 Times in 308 Posts
You'll need to do it for a few weeks/months in order to see any differences, and that's if you had issues to start with.

I had problems with acid erosion on the enamel of my teeth. I do it every couple of days, for a few months and my dentist says the enamel on my teeth is no longer wearing as fast as it was before I started pulling, so it probably helps.
IMASA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 05:55 PM   #6
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
if your worried about enamel get Senodyne with Novamin,its creates one to protect your teeth.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:30 PM   #7
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

I've switched from mainstream toothpaste to non-fluoride natural toothpastes for a few years now and a lot of strange gum pains and sensitive teeth feeling went away.

Eventually combined with coconut oil pulling after learning about it. Basic procedure is oil pull first, then brush your teeth. Make sure you don't swallow the oil because you don't want to ingest all the toxins that were just pulled out of your gums, teeth and mouth.

The longer you can swish the oil the better, and when you spit it out the longer you swish it the more foamy it gets and the junk from your mouth will turn the clear oil into a yellowish foam.

I use Green Beaver toothpaste bought from Superstore in the natural isle.
CoLoRs Member #26
For Good or For Awesome?
Nismo200SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 10:37 PM   #8
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,802 Times in 3,898 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismo200SX View Post
Make sure you don't swallow the oil because you don't want to ingest all the toxins that were just pulled out of your gums, teeth and mouth.

I will say this, flossing reduces gum disease, while the literature for oil pulling is limited because it's only recently gained traction. Flossing takes a few minutes where oilpulling takes more time. So why not just choose floss, a clinically proven regimen, in the first place? None of these alternative regimens are meant to replace your traditional care, only supplement them. That in itself can't be emphasized enough.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote