REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   Ignition Interlock program (https://www.revscene.net/forums/704938-ignition-interlock-program.html)

Perfect_ESL 08-19-2015 08:50 PM

Ignition Interlock program

who will be refered to this program?
Ignition Interlock Program - Improvement Programs for High-Risk Drivers - RoadSafetyBC
i checked here, and i am confused do i have to have 3 of these facts in my driving record to get that? or just any 1 of these fact in driver record you will go to the program?

or they just can do anything?
i had a 3 days IRP on 2013 , and a 90 days IRP 2015 July.
and i didnt have had any ADP
IRP= Immediate Roadside Prohibition.
ADP= Administrative Driving Prohibition

ps: i DO drink responsibly, but this is the result i get, i hate the world,
2 times i only had TINY ammount of alcahol. (like half beer 1 hour ago, and 1 shot JackDaniel 3 hours ago..)
anyway, it happened,,,

How to know exactly If i will get referred? if i try to find out and ask them will they refer me right away?

and i have learned i will never do #3, and i think doing #2 is not worth it, so i should do #1, and become a heavier alcaholic ?
1, get dead drunk and take a taxi home, spend $50 for a ride
2, take taxi and drink even a small amount. spend $50 for a ride
3, drink small amount and to drive home.

this new law is completely insane...., yeah who will get referred to the interlock program?

GabAlmighty 08-19-2015 09:12 PM

Holy english Batman...

Umm, I THINK if I understand all that correctly...

Your first incident was under the new laws where they could give you a 72hr suspension and you're good to go after that. It was a "nice" system in that sense, don't complain about it haha.

Your 2nd incident... You got the 90 day so I assume you blew over? In which case yes you will have go through the entire shebang.

inv4zn 08-19-2015 10:22 PM

Just any 1 of those on the list MAY result in the interlock program. I guess in the end it's at someone's discretion.

As to answer your question
http://i.imgur.com/FA6eO0K.jpg

corollagtSr5 08-19-2015 10:30 PM

There's warning and fail. If you get fail it's suspended for three months with impound and school. Plus birthday milk you give to Icbc for the points or whatever for 2-3 years. If you get owned twice you wash rince and repeat the program again plus interlock. Plus more milk for Icbc near your birthday fine. First time is $1500 and second time is $1500 plus interlock.

jonwon 08-20-2015 12:47 AM

It seems like BC's impaired driving laws change at least once every year... not only is it the most strict in all of Canada, but also the most unorganized and unethical.

sho_bc 08-20-2015 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perfect_ESL (Post 8672576)
who will be refered to this program?
Ignition Interlock Program - Improvement Programs for High-Risk Drivers - RoadSafetyBC
i checked here, and i am confused do i have to have 3 of these facts in my driving record to get that? or just any 1 of these fact in driver record you will go to the program?

or they just can do anything?
i had a 3 days IRP on 2013 , and a 90 days IRP 2015 July.
and i didnt have had any ADP
IRP= Immediate Roadside Prohibition.
ADP= Administrative Driving Prohibition

ps: i DO drink responsibly, but this is the result i get, i hate the world,
2 times i only had TINY ammount of alcahol. (like half beer 1 hour ago, and 1 shot JackDaniel 3 hours ago..)
anyway, it happened,,,

How to know exactly If i will get referred? if i try to find out and ask them will they refer me right away?

and i have learned i will never do #3, and i think doing #2 is not worth it, so i should do #1, and become a heavier alcaholic ?
1, get dead drunk and take a taxi home, spend $50 for a ride
2, take taxi and drink even a small amount. spend $50 for a ride
3, drink small amount and to drive home.

this new law is completely insane...., yeah who will get referred to the interlock program?

The only way to get a 90 Day IRP after half a beer and a shot of Jack is to:

a) Drink immediately prior to being tested (within 15 minutes) and have residual mouth alcohol

or

b) Fail or refuse to provide a sample

There is no other way. So unless you did the above, you're lying about how much you consumed.

Based on your history, I'd say you're going to be referred to the Interlock program.

Perfect_ESL 08-20-2015 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sho_bc (Post 8672658)

a) Drink immediately prior to being tested (within 15 minutes) and have residual mouth alcohol

or

There is no other way. So unless you did the above, you're lying about how much you consumed.

Based on your history, I'd say you're going to be referred to the Interlock program.

why will i lie in here?

and i guess you have an absolute clean driver record, or i think you should be refer to the ADP.

the ASD calibration is not reliable according to my lawyer.

sho_bc 08-20-2015 05:51 PM

I don't know why people lie, but they routinely do. Especially when it comes to how much they had to drink. That or they are woefully ignorant about how much alcohol they're actually consuming. Having been trained on 2 different roadside screening devices, as a BTA operator and in SFST, as well as having performed countless tests, i know that the amounts you claim to have consumed in the timeframe you claimed to have consumed them would have not resulted in a FAIL reading, which is set to appear for BACs over 100mg%.

My record is clean, thanks. I was simply answering your question as to whether you were likely to lose your licence given your impaired driving-related history.

I would tend to disagree with your lawyer's assessment of the new FST, which you would have been tested on. Online references say the accuracy is 0.5mg% at 100mg%. Which means even if it rounded up/was off by that 0.5mg% high, you were still over the legal limit.

Soundy 08-20-2015 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perfect_ESL (Post 8672842)
why will i lie in here?

and i guess you have an absolute clean driver record, or i think you should be refer to the ADP.

the ASD calibration is not reliable according to my lawyer.

You realize sho_bc is an active cop, right? He's got a LOT of experience figuring out when people are lying, especially about things like this...

vitaminG 08-20-2015 06:32 PM

Quote:

or

bear in mind OP did not give his age/sex/weight, if he was a <75lb woman he might have blown over .1

seriously though i thought the got rid of the interlock program, or there was some court case and theres an injunction against it

sho_bc 08-20-2015 07:03 PM

I would still disagree that a one ounce shot 3hrs earlier and half a beer an hour earlier would put a 75lb female over 100mg%. May not be able to handle it very well (ie. Display gross signs of impairment), but would not blow over 100mg%.

sho_bc 08-20-2015 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundy (Post 8672854)
You realize sho_bc is an active cop, right?

My chair and desk may disagree. :p

jlenko 08-20-2015 08:38 PM

How I've missed the Police forum. I need to check in more often.

PS. Should have read my sig..

Eff-1 08-21-2015 08:44 AM

The following events on your driving record may result in the Superintendent of Motor Vehicles referring you to the Ignition Interlock Program:

One alcohol-related impaired driving conviction under the Criminal Code of Canada or the Motor Vehicle Act;
One Administrative Driving Prohibition;
One 90-day Immediate Roadside Prohibition (IRP);
One 30-day Immediate Roadside Prohibition (IRP);
Three alcohol-related 24-hour Prohibitions (within 5 years);
A combination of any three of the following (within 5 years): Alcohol-related 24-hour prohibition, 3-day IRP or 7-day IRP.

zulutango 08-21-2015 03:21 PM

Quote:

or

It's the continuation of the "only 2 drinks" defence. In 28 years only had 1 DWI ever admit to more than 2 drinks...and he was an alcoholic who said "I'm pissed...all the time, including now".

SumAznGuy 08-21-2015 04:31 PM

Met OP once many years ago.
If he is the same now as he was then, I'd say he is barely pushing 130 lbs.

nma 08-21-2015 04:37 PM

have a hard time believing someone, even at 130 lbs, would blow a fail after one drink.. The beer doesn't even count because your body already broke down the alcohol by then.

The "general" rule of thumb is 1 hour = 1 drink.. That's the rate your body breaks down alcohol by. This isn't something to follow religiously, but given the generous amount of time you gave us.. 3 hrs for one shot and half an hour for a beer, you wouldn't have even blow a warn.

IF for some reason I blew a fail with the details you gave us, I would demand to be taken to the station to get a proper examination. IE blood test.

sho_bc 08-21-2015 05:06 PM

During my SFST training, some of the test subjects were barely/maybe 100lb, tiny females. After over 10oz of hard liquor mixed into drink (vodka/orange juice type drinks), they all blew barely over 100mg% an hour after their last drink. And by an hour and a half after the last drink, were below 100mg%.

Soundy 08-21-2015 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nma (Post 8673157)
have a hard time believing someone, even at 130 lbs, would blow a fail after one drink..

http://lornasvoice.files.wordpress.c...t-beer-can.jpg

dared3vil0 08-22-2015 07:38 PM

How ironic is your profile pic OP, you are against street racing, but will (evidently) gladly drive drunk.

sebberry 08-22-2015 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sho_bc (Post 8673163)
During my SFST training, some of the test subjects were barely/maybe 100lb, tiny females. After over 10oz of hard liquor mixed into drink (vodka/orange juice type drinks), they all blew barely over 100mg% an hour after their last drink. And by an hour and a half after the last drink, were below 100mg%.

6-7 drinks barely put them over .10?

BallPeenHammer2 08-23-2015 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlenko (Post 8672906)
How I've missed the Police forum. I need to check in more often.

PS. Should have read my sig..

You're alive!! WOOO!!! How've you been man

BallPeenHammer2 08-23-2015 02:56 AM

If you got caught once already, you should've either:

A) Not drink before driving. At all.

OR

B) Drink, drive and NOT GET CAUGHT.

Given the chance of choice B is not very good since you're playing DUI Roulette, and lost...

Maybe stick with Choice A from now on.

ICBC is now going to give it to you up the ass with a Cadillac.

Bend over, loosen up, and take it like a man.

After all, you did earn it.

BallPeenHammer2 08-23-2015 02:57 AM

And to your question: Yes.

And it will hurt.