REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 08-23-2015, 12:11 PM   #1
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
Best all inclusive in the carribbean / mexico?

Went to mexico this year and absolutely loved it. Stayed at crown paradise club cancun, and was really satisfied overall with beach / resort / ammenities / food

Want to go again all inclusive again wit gf but dont wanna downgrade. Crown paradise was abt 4.5 stars? Can any1 recommend an all inclusive with lovely beaches, GREAT good, but perhaps not in mexico? Perhaps in the carribbean?

Thanks
Advertisement
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 06:51 PM   #2
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

If you want a mix of partying/activities/history/tour/scenery you made the right choice with Cancun/Mayan Riviera absolute paradise.

If you want a nice resort I stayed at Occidental Grand Maya Riviera about 40 minutes outside of Cancun. Plenty of restaurants,bars, and late night food/booze all part of the all-inclusive. Nicely spaced out with decorations, and even monkeys and iguanas running around outside of your room! It is also place literally beside the Xcaret theme parks if you want close by zip-lining, cave snorkeling, etc. It is closer to the tourist attractions like cenotes and ruins and nearby Playa Del Carmen(like a mini Cancun with same clubs and bars)is like a 15 dollar cab ride.

Overall my favorite all-inclusive was the Riu Palace Pacifico in Puerto Vallarta, the entertainment staff organize club outings with the guest after their shift and you all pitch in ~40 bucks each and it cover the cab, club cover, and open-bar with sometimes VIP. These guys never sleep, they'll be working at the pool at 10AM doing aerobics or tequila conga line the day after partying with you until 4 AM.

Cabo San Lucas is also a nice city with all-inclusives while being cheaper as it is relatively close to Vancouver and Cali, and unlike other parts of Mexico it is more of a desert area for offroading while still beside the ocean. Best seafood in terms of fish tacos and sushi(yes japanese food). It is also very westernized, being in the marina you will probably feel like you are drinking in a bar in White Rock or Orange County, has Wal-mart and Costco nearby too. Clubbing there is insane, tourist just walk in and they are all walking distance of eachother with a Burger King(don't judge it is American quality) placed in the middle.
Ball.J.Inder is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-10-2015, 07:05 PM   #3
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
If you want GREAT food, accept nothing less than 5 star. Even then you aren't guaranteed as I've had only decent food at 5 stars as well.

Best food I've had at an all inclusive was at Riu Palace in Cabo. All you can eat lobster one night at the buffet. IIRC you could eat at the a la carte restaurants every night (not limited to 3 during a 7 night stay like some resorts).. champagne bottles delivered to your room when you ask. Room also had a stocked bar and fridge.. not a mini bar either lol. Beach sucked though.

Best beach resort I've been to with really good food was also in the Mayan Riviera, Grand Palladium Kantenah.

I've heard mixed things about the food in Cuba but apparently the beaches are unbeatable. I have no personal experience so cannot comment further than that.

In Jamaica the beach was awesome. Had the best jerk chicken ever pretty much every day, but Jamaica is sketchy as fuck. I won't be going back unless it's the deal of a lifetime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?

Last edited by punkwax; 09-10-2015 at 07:11 PM.
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-10-2015, 07:14 PM   #4
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

This damn thread is making me wanna go on vacay.

I've heard good things about the service and food a Grand Palladium resorts, specifically Grand Palladium Vallarta.

It is funny how you mentioned Riu Palace Cabo and Grand Palladium as those are the two resorts on my list to go to.

Cuba... let's just say it is not for everyone. I am big on learning about history, culture, and people so I enjoyed it, the food was really good, and the beaches were very nice. All I can say is Mexicans are a happy bunch so they enjoy giving you good service or partying; Cubans on the other hand are living under a commie regime and most are alienated by these Canadians and Europeans. So it may be akward when the big black cuban guy serving you lobster has a stare of a serial killer, or appears to be afraid of offending you despite you trying your best to look friendly. There are also no Americans(when I went but it is changing now) in Cuba so if you are on vacay just to party, you might as well go to Granville St. or Montreal as the clubs there are full of the snobbiest/douchiest Canadians you'll ever meet.
Ball.J.Inder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 07:31 PM   #5
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,322 Times in 5,640 Posts
the regular Riu sante fe (not the palace) was fucking garbage for their food. Breakfast was the best meal day in day out