REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 08-26-2015, 11:28 PM   #51
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

you ever stared at a camera with a LED floodlight on top? you cant see shit.

Also they are professionals, so they aren't looking around all over the place during a live interview.
Advertisement
Old 08-27-2015, 08:54 AM   #52
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,667 Times in 960 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Exactly. This is more of a mental healthcare issue than it is a gun issue or racism issue.

Trump 2016!!!
multicartual is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-27-2015, 09:48 AM   #53
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Exactly. This is more of a mental healthcare issue than it is a gun issue or racism issue.
The unfortunate thing is that people are even less likely to admit America has a mental healthcare issue than a gun control issue.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 08-27-2015, 10:22 AM   #54
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportPsycho View Post
how did two women never noticed the gun when he first put it up?
had it right up to her face

not that, that would've made much of difference..
If you've ever been on live TV, the words "Don't fuck up, you're on live TV." run through your head the entire time. The fact that they didn't notice doesn't surprise me.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 11:31 AM   #55
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
The unfortunate thing is that people are even less likely to admit America has a mental healthcare issue than a gun control issue.

That is because we are a tolerant people who literally tolerate the most insane fucking people with kid gloves right up until the moment they snap.
Old 08-27-2015, 12:10 PM   #56
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chouchou View Post
The shooter has died.

Lol.. honestly, enough of this shit.... shooting after shooting after shooting. Apology after apology, statements from POTUS and others about action being taken yet we see the same bullshit time and time again. When does it stop?
It'll never stop.

America has a ton of problems; racial tensions, lack of meaningful gun control, mismanagement of mental health issues, and most of all... ignorance. People gasp and cry for about 10 minutes about stuff like this, and then change the channel so they can watch Survivor.

Mix all of those together and you get this incident. My condolences go out to the victims and their families, but at the end of the day this incident is not the first nor will it be the last. The majority of people in America are too busy watching Keeping Up With The Kardashians to give a fuck about the real issues plaguing their country...
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-27-2015, 12:16 PM   #57
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
^^^Absolutely!!

Mental Health IS the concern here. Nothing else. If he ran them over we wouldn't be asking for better automobile control. Weapons can be found and made from pretty much anything. Why the guy was in the state that he was in is the real question and the root of the problem.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 12:20 PM   #58
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
America's answer to mental health is an increasingly militarized police force, prisons, and privatized healthcare.
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-27-2015, 12:22 PM   #59
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Fixed! I'm sure that's where you were going with it anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
America's causing mental health with an increasingly militarized police force, prisons, and privatized healthcare.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 08-27-2015, 01:43 PM   #60
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,906 Times in 3,869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
I'm not a gun supporter, far from it, but even the most strictest guns laws (look at Chicago) will not prevent these types of incidents. Idiots like this guy will always find a way to obtain a gun, if they can't obtain a gun than they'll resort to other deadly weapons like knives. There's no way to prevent these type of incidents.
You say that, but having a gun still makes it easier for people like this to kill someone, and the laws in the US make it easier to acquire a gun. Sure they can try using other weapons, but the victims have worse odds against a gun than anything else.

Quote:
Why not all of the above? The problem can be not preventing the mentally unwell from purchasing firearms but if you even suggest that anyone be restricted in any way so many dense idiots would lose their shit it's unbelievable.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:

Last edited by underscore; 08-27-2015 at 01:50 PM.
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-01-2015, 04:01 PM   #61
I subscribe to Revscene

Sometimes I just dont know whats real anymore... why wouldnt an expensive tv camera pickup such a hue of blue... edit the shirt is even suppose to have white lines on it.

https://i.imgur.com/ph5QxSn.jpg

Crisis Actor Compilation
www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO5aUzeSoMU

edit 2
Her actual bf
www.youtube.com/watch?v=IM36qduWrvg

edit 3
Watching both videos at the same time, they look synced so the shirt is probably the same. Just the fathers reaction seems so fake... just like Sandy Hooks Robbie Parker.
Here is the dad crying on CNN's Anderson 360
www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU49vTEhE3w
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 09-01-2015 at 05:25 PM.
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-01-2015, 05:18 PM   #62
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Y'know, I'd use my 16 years of film experience as a camera operator and film editor to explain why one camera would pick up colours differently than another, but the last time I tried doing that you said I was wrong and aligned with the evil doers.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-01-2015, 05:39 PM   #63
I subscribe to Revscene

And we see today that you were wrong about those artifacts, not only were they not consistent with anything else... they were in fact manipulated as the whole Boston event was a false flag.
Plus lets not forget the evidence that I found out myself... your experience and common sense was absent to confirm it... you probably even made fun of my findings.
edit
Currently the FBI has pictured and states the blown backpack by the younger brother was black... yet hes seen in the videos hold a white one.
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc

Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 09-01-2015 at 05:45 PM.
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-01-2015, 05:45 PM   #64
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
Aas the whole Boston event was a false flag.

This post thanked by:
Old 09-01-2015, 06:30 PM   #65
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,319 Times in 5,638 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
You say that, but having a gun still makes it easier for people like this to kill someone, and the laws in the US make it easier to acquire a gun. Sure they can try using other weapons, but the victims have worse odds against a gun than anything else.

Why not all of the above? The problem can be not preventing the mentally unwell from purchasing firearms but if you even suggest that anyone be restricted in any way so many dense idiots would lose their shit it's unbelievable.
Who says they need to purchase them when there are 300 million in circulation

Preventing crazies from buying them may be a step, but as the other posters layed out, if you're crazy enough to write 25 page manifestos and murder people then upload a video to Facebook, odds are stricter purchasing laws aren't going to prevent you from killing
Old 09-01-2015, 07:02 PM   #66
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
And we see today that you were wrong about those artifacts, not only were they not consistent with anything else... they were in fact manipulated as the whole Boston event was a false flag.
Plus lets not forget the evidence that I found out myself... your experience and common sense was absent to confirm it... you probably even made fun of my findings.
edit
Currently the FBI has pictured and states the blown backpack by the younger brother was black... yet hes seen in the videos hold a white one.
Well, I see the REAL CiC is back.

CRAY CRAY IN DA HIZZAAAAAY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-01-2015, 10:37 PM   #67
...in the world.

No. We're not doing this.

I can't imagine what it's like being in CiC head where nothing is what it seems, everyone is lying and no one believes you.

But either way, banned from this thread.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-02-2015, 12:50 AM   #68

Thanked 9,805 Times in 3,900 Posts
every time we get a US shooting thread the irony runs high

just because George W Bush was elected twice doesn't mean the average American can be found on peopleofWalmart.com

Go ahead and call them ignorant while you forget that they have silicon valley and wall street and the global economy will seize to exist without them.

Get vocal about their system, fine. Get frustrated at how they handle mental health, even better...but having a superiority complex just looks bad.

and because the video shows the gunman holding the weapon in first person view...now video games are being examined again for desensitizing violence

Last edited by twitchyzero; 09-02-2015 at 12:55 AM.
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-02-2015, 02:29 AM   #69

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
No. We're not doing this.

I can't imagine what it's like being in CiC head where nothing is what it seems, everyone is lying and no one believes you.

But either way, banned from this thread.
For a little bit there he was almost seeming normal, I was starting to think the Fukushima radiation was finally having its desired effect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 02:29 AM   #70
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,793 Times in 1,761 Posts
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-02-2015, 07:34 AM   #71
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,906 Times in 3,869 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Who says they need to purchase them when there are 300 million in circulation

Preventing crazies from buying them may be a step, but as the other posters layed out, if you're crazy enough to write 25 page manifestos and murder people then upload a video to Facebook, odds are stricter purchasing laws aren't going to prevent you from killing
So nobody should bother trying to fix something if you can't fix it 100%? Sounds brilliant.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-02-2015, 08:39 AM   #72
...in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
every time we get a US shooting thread the irony runs high

just because George W Bush was elected twice doesn't mean the average American can be found on peopleofWalmart.com

Go ahead and call them ignorant while you forget that they have silicon valley and wall street and the global economy will seize to exist without them.

Get vocal about their system, fine. Get frustrated at how they handle mental health, even better...but having a superiority complex just looks bad.

and because the video shows the gunman holding the weapon in first person view...now video games are being examined again for desensitizing violence
There's really two Americas and there always has been. Why do you think there was a Civil War? And even today, those two sides aren't really on the same page. Why do you think the Confederate Flag still exists? Why does the Tea Party exist?

The good parts of America are the West Coast and that Eastern part that includes New York but everything in between is a barren wasteland of backwards inbred idiots that think being a Christian is about hating gay people and Mexicans. I've been to Wyoming. I've been to Arkansas. And Georgia. And Utah. It's goddamn awful. Texas is actually halfway alright, really but you can safely say that at least half of America is stupid by even by the most participant medal standards. At least.
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-02-2015, 09:58 AM   #73
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,171 Times in 2,404 Posts
Quote:
edit
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-02-2015, 10:25 AM   #74
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,376 Times in 1,228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
There's really two Americas and there always has been. Why do you think there was a Civil War? And even today, those two sides aren't really on the same page. Why do you think the Confederate Flag still exists? Why does the Tea Party exist?

The good parts of America are the West Coast and that Eastern part that includes New York but everything in between is a barren wasteland of backwards inbred idiots that think being a Christian is about hating gay people and Mexicans. I've been to Wyoming. I've been to Arkansas. And Georgia. And Utah. It's goddamn awful. Texas is actually halfway alright, really but you can safely say that at least half of America is stupid by even by the most participant medal standards. At least.
Lots of places in "flyover country" don't really fit that mold. New Orleans, Chicago, Austin, Denver just to name a few.

Let's just call it an Urban-Suburban-Rural divide which is pretty much the case the world over. But then I've been called a "fucking Asian" in Bellingham, but had an awesome time in Rural Louisiana. People are just people in the end.

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 10:26 AM   #75
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,141 Times in 7,148 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
So nobody should bother trying to fix something if you can't fix it 100%? Sounds brilliant.
THANK YOU.
Everyone says, oh if they can't find a gun legally they would just find one anyways.
How many would it prevent if they couldn't just go to a fucking store and pick one up with a box of bullets and a bottle of coke? I fucking promise it would be more than none. Violence is so incredibly often a reactionary experience. The more time and effort someone has to go through to commit a crime, the more chance there is of it being either
A) Prevented
B) Given up
Its like when people are asked about the gun violence in America, they just say ahhhhh fuck it. If their gun laws weren't an issue they wouldn't have as much gun violence. Its pretty simple. Its not fucking 1846 anymore and people don't need guns to protect themselves from their government which is why the second amendment was created in the first place.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: