REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-01-2015, 12:45 PM   #26
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
slash all 4 tires smart asses.
Advertisement
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 09-01-2015, 04:33 PM   #27
Survivor MOD

Thanked 1,623 Times in 577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by white rocket View Post
Yeah, why weren't the cops grabbing him outta the truck? Due to our laws here? I heard one of them say it's time for pepper spray. It's like they watched it go down, hit the truck with their sticks like a couple a faggios, then dude booked it. They could have grabbed him so many times but didn't.
they're probably trying to smash out the windows to get access to him. not just hit the truck and expect it to stop. the trucks got a pretty decent lift so unless you're able to ninja your way up their and grab the guy its not gonna be all that easy.

shooting the tires out would leave you with a reckless asshole on rims who would be even more outta control as he spins the rims on the pavement trying to get away.

also you could get a through and through which could ricochet and do more damage than good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chin View Post
slash all 4 tires smart asses.
^did you ride the short bus to school and play duck duck goose with the retards or something? yeah, lets get within arms reach, bend down and try to slash a tire with a pocket knife (assuming the member even has a knife as they arent standard issue) and then run over to the other side and slash the other tires out. great logic there.

they made the best of a bad situation. you cant win as a cop now adays. if they shot the suspect people would cry "oh why oh why did you shoot an innocent man" and some fucks would protest it here infront of the art gallery with some catchy hashtag. then theres the other half of the population who goes "you shoulda shot him, lethal force was totally an option on the table".

the only thing people should take away from this incident is that our provincial health care sector completely neglects people with mental health issues

Last edited by T4RAWR; 09-01-2015 at 04:38 PM.
T4RAWR is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-01-2015, 09:09 PM   #28
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
I thought it's common knowledge that you can't just smash a car window with a blunt object. Not sure what they were trying to do.

Don't police have lifehammers or some equivalent to efficiently break car windows?

And does pepper spray even work if the guy is protected inside a sealed vehicle??
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 09:20 PM   #29
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
i guess the police didn't want nightmare's of blasting someones Skull off with the 12ga Shotgun they keep in the trunk...i think it's plenty of time to do it.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:03 PM   #30
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4RAWR View Post
they're probably trying to smash out the windows to get access to him.

wait. all this time i thought the window was already opened one way or another. why else would they spray pepper spray when the windows aren't open/smashed already?

i thought they were just using their sticks to hit the truck lol
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 05:51 AM   #31
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,045 Times in 419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4RAWR View Post
they're probably trying to smash out the windows to get access to him. not just hit the truck and expect it to stop. the trucks got a pretty decent lift so unless you're able to ninja your way up their and grab the guy its not gonna be all that easy.

shooting the tires out would leave you with a reckless asshole on rims who would be even more outta control as he spins the rims on the pavement trying to get away.

also you could get a through and through which could ricochet and do more damage than good.

^did you ride the short bus to school and play duck duck goose with the retards or something? yeah, lets get within arms reach, bend down and try to slash a tire with a pocket knife (assuming the member even has a knife as they arent standard issue) and then run over to the other side and slash the other tires out. great logic there.

they made the best of a bad situation. you cant win as a cop now adays. if they shot the suspect people would cry "oh why oh why did you shoot an innocent man" and some fucks would protest it here infront of the art gallery with some catchy hashtag. then theres the other half of the population who goes "you shoulda shot him, lethal force was totally an option on the table".

the only thing people should take away from this incident is that our provincial health care sector completely neglects people with mental health issues
mr_chin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 06:28 AM   #32
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by white rocket View Post
Yeah, why weren't the cops grabbing him outta the truck? Due to our laws here? I heard one of them say it's time for pepper spray. It's like they watched it go down, hit the truck with their sticks like a couple a faggios, then dude booked it. They could have grabbed him so many times but didn't.
I know it is the RCMP jobs to stop this guy, but while the driver is revving his engine and attempting to move his truck, would you try to open the door and grab the driver? That's some dangerous shit.

Due to Canadian laws, the RCMP cannot draw their weapons to threaten someone who is unarmed, unless their lives is in immediate danger.

By the way, did you know that on the highway, when the cops are signaling you to pull over, and if you don't feel like pulling over, you can keep going. They are not allowed to chase you. They have to get approval from not only their Corporal supervisor, but also their area Sergent. Obviously, when they do find you, you're in so much shit. Well, that's the case in Alberta anyway.

Last edited by Reeyal; 09-03-2015 at 06:39 AM.
Reeyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 08:43 PM   #33
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alby View Post
kinda wondering why the cops didn't shoot out the tires
Because it's RCMP policy that you're not allowed to shoot at a vehicle.

There was a case a quite a few years back in Surrey across from Guildford mall where an officer was trying to stop a stolen vehicle from taking off from the parking lot. He shot at the tires and the bullet ricocheted and struck a nearby pedestrian.
Oscar_Binswood is offline   Reply With Quote