REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 09-05-2016, 10:43 AM   #51
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
^He died exactly how it showed in the series. Dude just didn't know when to give up. Lunatic and all.
Advertisement
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 12:43 PM   #52
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Cali Cartel is how you're suppose to operate out of the spotlight, get all attention away from you and operate within the shadows. Pablo fucked up by running for congressman, start of the downhill.
Sir_Loin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 09:34 PM   #53
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,648 Times in 2,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_handheld View Post
don't click - spoiler

Spoiler!
nah bro he got shot on a rooftop. check out the book killing pablo
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 08:03 AM   #54
I subscribe to Revscene

Spoiler!
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-06-2016, 01:50 PM   #55
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,815 Times in 341 Posts
What an amazing season.

Spoiler!

2018 Golf R MK7.5 (Daily)
2001 S2000 (Weekend Warrior)
1991 Merc 300 TE-24 AMG Estate - Sold
2005 STi - Sold
1987 AE86 GTS - Sold
1986 AE86 GTS - Sold
gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 02:43 PM   #56
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Loin View Post
Cali Cartel is how you're suppose to operate out of the spotlight, get all attention away from you and operate within the shadows. Pablo fucked up by running for congressman, start of the downhill.
The show made it feel like Pablo sold drugs not just for financial gain, but for the resources to garner influence and respect/fear. The Cali Cartel is/was all about the money.
Old 09-06-2016, 03:00 PM   #57
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Anyone wonder what happened to La Quica? Guy talked so much but ended up being a huge bitch lol.

Anyways, loved this season. I wonder how S3 is going to be without Escobar.

www.instagram.com/yourdigitalrealtor
alwayslive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 03:47 PM   #58
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
War on Drugs is not all about Escobar, they could milk a few seasons if the audience is there. They could move to another location/ continent, like the Gold Triangle in SE Asia. Or continue with the Cali Cartel.

Also keep in mind, the show is mixed fiction so there are characters that don't exist in real life, and some get killed off even thought they live.

Last edited by Nlkko; 09-06-2016 at 03:52 PM.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 04:37 PM   #59
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,276 Times in 308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilly View Post
What an amazing season.

Spoiler!
Spoiler!

Would be nice if they did included the stuff that went down in Miami and NYC in future episodes. Would be cool if they did a season on Griselda Blanco.
IMASA is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-07-2016, 12:09 PM   #60
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
2 more seasons signed off on

ARTICLE AND TEASER VIDEO CONTAINS SPOILERS

StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-07-2016, 01:02 PM   #61
I subscribe to Revscene

i hope they pull it off. the cali cartel guys weren't particularly interesting to me because they seemed very one dimensioned, typical drug lord types.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-09-2016, 09:53 PM   #62
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,341 Times in 557 Posts
totally sympathised with Escobar, he started off as Robin Hood building schools and helping the poor... but that amount of money/popularity/power would get to any man's head

the really fucked up thing I thought was the police and Steve Murphy posing for pictures with Escobar's corpse. They weren't arresting a criminal anymore, this was a prized buck and everybody wanted a picture with it.... who's the monster here?

Spoiler!
PiuYi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-09-2016, 11:45 PM   #63
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Even savages have families and have the ability to love - they are humans, like us, after all. And because they are human, they are capable of doing good, but are also capable of doing evil. The show does really well in making viewers question the traditional spectrum of right and wrong, especially in parts where we see Pablo doing very human things, like being a husband, father, and provider. What potentially can freak people out is the fact that, while Pablo was an extreme mass murderer, there were times he was also a very sympathetic and relatable figure. His longing for a home and his family, for example, were all emotions that viewers could easily relate to. His time at his father's farm, as well, showed a very human vulnerability that completely shed his aura of invincibility. Pablo's death was undoubtedly deserved. But you can't help but think at the end of it all that, "damn, Pablo was human too".
neggo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-10-2016, 10:54 PM   #64
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Pablo was a piece of shit and he and his family deserved no mercy. He also cared more about himself then his family.
Old 09-19-2016, 08:05 AM   #65
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
finally finished it

felt like the whole season dragged on because pretty much everyone who was watching knew the end game...i still think the first season covered so much so fast, left the 2nd season a little longer than it should have been

While i think it's a bit messed up re posing with Pablo's corpse, you have to understand the context of it. This was a legendary guy, who at his empire's height essentially owned Medellin. Committed assassinations, terrorism, while seemingly able to slip away when it seemed like the roof was going to cave in on him. To the guys posing, it IS like taking down that legendary buck that no one could catch. These guys put in blood, sweat and tears, lost friends in the line of duty and/or family in the shit storm that Pablo created. So I'd be hard-pressed to call em monsters. Hell, I'd do bunny ears around that motherfucker's bloodied head if I was one of those guys who's put in the work in catching him.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 03:57 PM   #66
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
To them catching Pablo was like taking Sadam or Moammar Gadhafi. or the allies taking Berlin. we cant relate to it.
Old 08-08-2017, 05:30 PM   #67
RS controls my life!

Season 3 Official Trailer [HD] | Netflix

MikeyStyle is offline   Reply With Quote