REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 09-04-2015, 07:14 PM   #1
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Bluetooth headphones for tv

So i have 2 questions regarding using bluetooth headphones for my tv.

1. My Sony Bravia doesnt have bluetooth built in. Is there some kind of attachment i can add to use the headphone?

2. From what i understand, using 1 headphone wouldnt be a problem with supplied bluetooth. But what if i wanted to connect 2 pairs of headphones simultaneously?
Is there some sort of a receiver that i would need to buy?

Thanks!
Advertisement
hi-revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 09:11 PM   #2
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi-revs View Post
So i have 2 questions regarding using bluetooth headphones for my tv.

1. My Sony Bravia doesnt have bluetooth built in. Is there some kind of attachment i can add to use the headphone?
If your TV has a headphone jack, you could use something like this: Bluetooth TV PC Free Drive 3.5mm Remote Audio Transmitter - Black - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

If it doesn't, you'd need a cable that takes out of the RCA audio outputs and feeds into a mini-TRS jack, then plug the above adapter into that. It may not work too well though, depending on what level the TV outputs from those jacks.

Quote:
2. From what i understand, using 1 headphone wouldnt be a problem with supplied bluetooth. But what if i wanted to connect 2 pairs of headphones simultaneously?
Is there some sort of a receiver that i would need to buy?
You could use a headphone splitter like this:

Then plug in two of the above type of adapters. Note that this drops the signal level to both, and if you're also using the RCA adapters, it may fall to an unusable level.

Multipoint Bluetooth supports pairing to multiple devices and switching between them, but not simultaneous connection of more than one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-05-2015, 09:14 AM   #3
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Wow. Seems like a lot of work for jeopardized sound.
hi-revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 11:05 AM   #4
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
cant you use the usb ports? i've got some old bluetooth headsets that come with a usb-bluetooth dongle... should try and see if it works
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 02:02 PM   #5
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
cant you use the usb ports? i've got some old bluetooth headsets that come with a usb-bluetooth dongle... should try and see if it works
TV usb ports arent built to output sound out of it, its meant to play pictures/videos. yes u can plug ur bluetooth adapter into the USB port, it'll power up but thats about it
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-05-2015, 06:56 PM   #6
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

I have a sennheiser rs160 hooked up to my tv. I've use the wire almost like the first one soundy posted up but instead of the female headphone jack it is the male headphone jack. I use it when I play game when there are too much swearing from other users or when I'm playing GTA V. Works great.
Impreza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 10:38 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
Unlikely. For it to work on your home computer, the driver for the BT dongle has to install as a Windows audio device, essentially like an external sound card, so the mixer can send sound there instead of to the regular outputs. Your TV would not have that capability; in fact, it probably doesn't have support for any kind of BT devices. It would see a USB device attached, but wouldn't know what to do with it.
Quote:
Old 09-05-2015, 10:55 PM   #8
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,923 Times in 3,876 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
If your TV has a headphone jack, you could use something like this: Bluetooth TV PC Free Drive 3.5mm Remote Audio Transmitter - Black - Free Shipping - DealExtreme
I've been looking for something like this to hook up a wireless speaker for my grandfather for years but could never find anything, thanks for posting this.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 11:01 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
I've been looking for something like this to hook up a wireless speaker for my grandfather for years but could never find anything, thanks for posting this.
Several years ago a bought a couple sets of behind-the-neck BT headphones that came with these ($15/set at Winners, can't beat that!). Never really used the transmitters because I only ever used the headphones with my phone's BT. They're probably still packed away somewhere. I did try them out on the wife's iPod, they worked really well.
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 09-05-2015, 11:36 PM   #10
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Or this one, allows more than 1 pair of headphones to connect with it simultaneously.

http://www.amazon.ca/Wireless-Blueto...HA81EAGC40FH7E
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-07-2015, 05:02 PM   #11
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

I always thought about owning a device like that, but never found anything similar. I've been using my Audio Technica M50 wired, but accidents happen when you have a wire crossing the living room...
Thanks for the suggestions (even though I wasn't the one asking).
bonesaw is offline   Reply With Quote