REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Double parking w/ Hazard lights. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/705215-double-parking-w-hazard-lights.html)

Ball.J.Inder 09-05-2015 03:17 PM

Double parking w/ Hazard lights.

Hello so first of all, I know it is a dick move to double park anywhere as it creates more danger/risk, annoyance, and obstruction. I only do it when absolutely necessary(relatively speaking) and I know I'll prob get a lot of hate for this post.

That being said I have a question, is it technically legal to stop in a sub-division or quiet residential street with hazard lights on? For like less than 1 minute in order to drop something off at a house or something?

I'm not talking about doing it on a busy street or doing it in the middle of the day. I'm talking about quiet neighbourhood late at night or noon when there is absolutely nowhere to park. I ask because I got curious when I double parked at night with hazard lights and a cop came to eye fuck me.

P.S. I know I can read the Motor Vehicle Act or Google, but it is probably better to get a summarized version from you experts.

Gucci Mane 09-05-2015 03:26 PM

you're in surrey? dont matter, just do as you please. everyone else seems to do that anyways :pokerface:

jeedee 09-05-2015 03:52 PM

well... if the cop didn't give you anything but a staredown it should be ok right? :lol

as long as its a big street (where another car can pass and go around you) and you're not parked in the middle of the street its fine i guess.. :smug:

!e.lo_ 09-05-2015 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pidish (Post 8677890)
you're in surrey? dont matter, just do as you please. everyone else seems to do that anyways :pokerface:

also be sure to keep that LEFT turn signal on when you're "pulled over" at the bus stop.
seriously... fuck those people.

CameronR 09-05-2015 04:59 PM

Legal for taxis to doublepark when loading and unloading, FYI...

Manic! 09-05-2015 05:01 PM

So are you getting married or did you just have a kid?

carisear 09-05-2015 08:18 PM

fuck some guy was double parked on my street, with his engine off, all black car, blacked out rear lights, at like 1am.

AND there was a spot to park like 4 car lengths up. those fuckers piss me off so much.

punkwax 09-05-2015 08:26 PM

If you're not obstructing traffic in a resi neighbourhood and dropping something off in less than 60 seconds, I see no problem with that. Perhaps not technically legal (I don't know), and maybe thats why you got attention from the cop, but clearly not a big enough deal for a ticket..

godwin 09-05-2015 08:35 PM

Hazards on doesn't mean you are above the law, it just make other people on the road aware of you (including by-law enforcement).

Quiet residential streets still follow municipal parking rules.. unless there are signs suggesting other wise.

twitchyzero 09-06-2015 12:19 AM

hazard lights if you aren't loading/car broken down = 'PLEASE TICKET ME!'

winson604 09-06-2015 12:28 AM

Personally I don't have a problem with it when there isn't a spot and you're literally taking like 30 secs or something. I get it, you're trying to do something that takes 30 secs yet it would take you 10 times that time to find a spot plus walking.

What I have real issues with are those fucker who are picking up someone and just stay on the road with their hazards on when there are many spots available, I just don't get it.

Nlkko 09-06-2015 08:43 AM

Not legal. But taxis do it on the busiest street and its not like anybody does anything about it.

Hot Karl 09-06-2015 08:49 AM

common sense is your friend here.

if you're gonna do it, be fucking fast and don't let me see empty spots 5 feet away.

keep in mind blocking someone in is a universal way to get a rager to rage. by the time you get back, your car might already be written off.

nah 09-06-2015 10:22 AM

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/fe/fe54f...75a731491f.jpg

vitaminG 09-06-2015 10:26 AM

This realtor used to park literally on the road in the lane to go pick up her signs at a townhouse development every single day. This on 60th and 144 in Surrey, right by the cop shop, I've seen cops pass her by multiple times without doing a thing.

Worst part is she could've just parked on the other side and just walked across the street, but I guess she's too important for that

evlee 09-06-2015 10:37 AM

https://iblogsomewords.files.wordpre...am-300x300.jpg

Gh0stRider 09-06-2015 12:47 PM

having your hazards on is just calling for attention.

"look at me, im parked illegally"

you could be ticketed, i see it all the time

Ball.J.Inder 09-06-2015 07:19 PM

So... basically i'm getting the consensus that no matter what the circumstances it is a dick move, and if I decide to be a dick I should not turn on hazard lights at all?

danned 09-06-2015 09:47 PM

keep doing double park dude

underscore 09-06-2015 10:02 PM

It's a dick move and not legal, though if you are actually fast and not getting in anyones way odds are you won't get ticketed or annoy anyone.

Phil@rise 09-07-2015 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pidish (Post 8677890)

And Richmond

racerman88 09-09-2015 11:13 PM

Is it worth it to you if you get caught and ticketed?

swfk 09-10-2015 03:05 PM

From experience, police officers in Vancouver don't care too much about illegal parking. There's bylaw officers for that.

What they do care is crime, I once parked half a block away from my gf's house just waiting and using my phone.

Police officer stopped by shining a flashlight into my face asking me what I'm doing. He said they get cautious if you're stopped and waiting at night due to drug deals in the area.

Maybe that explains why he "eye-fucked" you

Ball.J.Inder 09-10-2015 06:22 PM

^ makes sense, I forgot to mention I get eye fucked by cops whenever I stand/park anywhere day or night when I'm in North Burnaby. Just last night I was at Esso around 3 AM waiting for a pump to beep during a shift change. An RCMP SUV did a u-turn on Lougheed and literally parked behind me at the pump then undressed me with his sweet eyes. Most akward 5 minutes of my life, could have just asked the station attendant how long I've been standing there and why.

The_AK 09-11-2015 07:01 AM

Weird... i was told its called the 'Park Anywhere' button when I bought my BMW