REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Good Thanksgiving Dinner (For Takeout) (https://www.revscene.net/forums/705293-good-thanksgiving-dinner-takeout.html)

willystyle 09-10-2015 04:00 PM

Good Thanksgiving Dinner (For Takeout)

What are some good restaurants that offer Thanksgiving Dinner for takeout? Turkey plus all the bells and whistles. Will pay as much as $50/head. I usually cook, but there's only 2 of us this year.

Anyone tried the Thanksgiving dinners from Safeway, Whole Foods or Urban Fare? How are they?

Gucci Mane 09-10-2015 05:03 PM

just buy some turkey breasts/thighs and cook those up. stay home and stay drunk!!

Gh0stRider 09-10-2015 05:47 PM

I went to Whitespot last year for takeout Thanksgiving Dinner.

tiger_handheld 09-10-2015 07:25 PM

Tried safeway box - it's pretty good.

punkwax 09-10-2015 08:06 PM

Recently bought and baked a turkey breast for the first time.. it was damn good and a nice change from the regular chicken/pork/beef options I normally stock up on.

Done a bunch of full turkeys over the years but will definitely buy the breast only every once in a while to mix it up.

asahai69 09-12-2015 12:57 AM

http://www.realcanadiansuperstore.ca...420.margin.png

+

http://prod-cdn.thekrazycouponlady.c...-Stuffing1.jpg

Vansterdam 09-12-2015 02:18 PM

hahah that is legit ^

murd0c 09-12-2015 09:13 PM

I'm going to be waiting at the LAX for thanksgiving this year :(

bcrdukes 09-12-2015 10:11 PM

^
Depending on which airline you're flying, some terminals have recently renovated and have great restaurants! :)

murd0c 09-12-2015 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrdukes (Post 8679859)
^
Depending on which airline you're flying, some terminals have recently renovated and have great restaurants! :)

Flying United to New Orleans, 7 hour layover yay :rukidding:

and Merica doesn't give a fuck about our Thanksgiving anyways

mk1freak 09-22-2015 01:40 PM

if there's only two of you this year, considering volunteering at a turkey dinner for the homeless or something (many charities are looking for people to greet and/or serve). Not only will you get a thanksgiving meal, but you will help other less fortunate have something (or someone) to be thankful for.
and yes i've done it many times.
Cheers.

Skittlez160 09-23-2015 07:59 AM

Our family tried the one from Safeway years back (when I was a kid) and from what I can remember, it was decent.

Most recently though, we did the one from Sutton Place Hotel last year and that was really good. Although it's intended for 8-12 people and costs $325 + tax.

Thanksgiving ?Turkey-To-Go? - Vancouver

EDIT: I forgot to mention how easy the process was with Sutton Place Hotel. You order and pay ahead of time over the phone. Once you arrive at the hotel, you pull up front in a designated area, give them your name for the order, and they load everything into your vehicle.

604STIG 09-23-2015 08:38 AM

We've done the Safeway thanksgiving meal before, it was good and very affordable for what you get but gonna be waaaaay too much food if only for 2 people.

guurl 09-23-2015 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mk1freak (Post 8682698)
if there's only two of you this year, considering volunteering at a turkey dinner for the homeless or something (many charities are looking for people to greet and/or serve). Not only will you get a thanksgiving meal, but you will help other less fortunate have something (or someone) to be thankful for.
and yes i've done it many times.
Cheers.

Where can we do that? I've been looking for some volunteer groups to join. TheMadLab foundation being one of them.

mk1freak 09-23-2015 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guurl (Post 8682920)
Where can we do that? I've been looking for some volunteer groups to join. TheMadLab foundation being one of them.

hey guurl,

try with the major charities first such as Salvation Army (there are different ones in each city ), Lookout Society emergency shelters(I can give you contact person as it is my old work), UGM and MPA Society. Lots of churches also serve thanksgiving dinners so could also be a place to check out. Emergency Shelters specifically the ones for woman and children was such a great experience(they all were though), kids should never be able to not celebrate holidays :tears:

I've also served at both Salvation Army (Harbour Light and New Westminster Family Services) and also at all Lookout Society and MPA society sites.

mk1freak 09-23-2015 09:00 PM

If you're doing your own turkey here's a little tip:
Don't stuff the turkey, roast it upside down and then about 15mins before finish flip it over and crisp the skin. This way you're left with a juicy breasts that isn't dry and pasty.

willystyle 09-23-2015 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mk1freak (Post 8683086)
If you're doing your own turkey here's a little tip:
Don't stuff the turkey, roast it upside down and then about 15mins before finish flip it over and crisp the skin. This way you're left with a juicy breasts that isn't dry and pasty.

I should give this a try one day instead of brining the turkey for a few days.