REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 09-14-2015, 09:48 AM   #26
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
You see, when we grew up we were taught that you don`t wait in line for food. My grandparents survived the Nazis and came to Canada very poor, before building a small business empire. So the thought of my grandfather paying for the VIP (he was a big MCL, then FMOV customer) to wait in line for food shows me that this new generation of ``wealthy`` really don`t get it.

Am I wrong to think that way?
Or should the VIP section actually be managed like a VIP section should, with wait staff walking around with platters of hors d`ouvres and flutes of champagne?
I'd agree with you there. Actually, the VIP area was all but shut down by 2pm on Sunday. Lots of people were PISSED. One lady was saying quite loudly that she paid $100 for tickets and all the VIP area had was some coffee and gelato.

And rightfully so. I mean, lineups are annoying but, for example, Save-On Meats was nowhere to be found on Sunday and Boulevard had shut down at 2pm as well. How could they run out that quick? They clearly didn't plan very well. I mean, the show ends at 5...
Advertisement
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-14-2015, 10:05 AM   #27
I LIKE JDM!!

Thanked 2,175 Times in 715 Posts
dang, such sweet photos from Ronin.

YouTube
Instagram
flickr
Twitter
Portfolio
european is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-14-2015, 10:18 AM   #28
VLS Head Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I'd agree with you there. Actually, the VIP area was all but shut down by 2pm on Sunday. Lots of people were PISSED. One lady was saying quite loudly that she paid $100 for tickets and all the VIP area had was some coffee and gelato.

And rightfully so. I mean, lineups are annoying but, for example, Save-On Meats was nowhere to be found on Sunday and Boulevard had shut down at 2pm as well. How could they run out that quick? They clearly didn't plan very well. I mean, the show ends at 5...
I heard this complaint alot. I didn't get to head in there until about 2, waited in line for the pizza as it was the shortest and ended up being told they sold out. The guys I were with waited in line for an hour and got like 1 slider or something like that,
Didn't even try it on Sunday. Thank god for the alcohol lol

Ronin, I missed seeing you there
REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 11:17 AM   #29
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
You see, when we grew up we were taught that you don`t wait in line for food. My grandparents survived the Nazis and came to Canada very poor, before building a small business empire. So the thought of my grandfather paying for the VIP (he was a big MCL, then FMOV customer) to wait in line for food shows me that this new generation of ``wealthy`` really don`t get it.

Or should the VIP section actually be managed like a VIP section should, with wait staff walking around with platters of hors d`ouvres and flutes of champagne?
It's not only food, that goes for a lot of things; i'd rather pay full price and get the full experience, than have to contend with others or wait in line. I feel like that ruins the experience of going to something high end for enjoyment. I mean lets be serious waiting in line is no fun.

It's exactly the same reason why I laugh at people that go to the "High end" Outlet malls. Look you can either afford high end shit or not, if you have to go search for deals and hunt sales for that 500 dollar pair of sunglasses, maybe you shouldn't be buying them yet.

Too many people get caught playing out of their league, getting themselves into debt for stupid shit. It has a lot to do with this entitled generation of ours.

The other one that gets me, is stuff like dine out, and groupons. When places do Dine out or groupons I more or less avoid them like the fucking plague; shitty set menus, cheap cunts yelling and screaming, and service goes completely to shit.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-14-2015, 02:15 PM   #30
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,382 Times in 3,908 Posts
on saturday my friend was adamant about waiting in line for the lamb and sliders, we were about 10 places behind you Ronin, but by the time you had gotten your food we were like 30 places behind you!

the lineups were a huge clusterfuck of line cutters, and ppl not moving forward as they decided to wait at the other stations for coffee or gelato, which caused other people to cut in front of them because they assumed it was a different line

by the time we got to the sliders the staff put up a rope barrier between the lamb/slider station, so a huge line formed for the lamb that we had to wait in the back of after the sliders -_-

then the pizza lineup, uggh, moved fast though...

later on when we came back, around 3:30 i believe, vip was shutdown id just as soon not eat anything, i was there for the cars, so i was a bit pissed at my buddy and the organizers -_-
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 02:20 PM   #31
...in the world.

Geez, say hi next time.

My friends and I divided and conquered. I went and grabbed pizza while they grabbed me a slider. Sliders were so not worth the wait...tiny little patties. Had to make up for it with more vodka. The girl at that counter looked like a 20-year old Denise Richards

I let the organizers know that I heard from a lot of people that were pissed about paying for VIP and getting very little if anything past 2pm.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-14-2015, 02:26 PM   #32
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
I found that a lot of people in the VIP area came to mingle and get as much free food and booze as possible because I spent 2 hours at the show and the same people were still in the VIP area. I guess these type of shows attract the pretentious Yaletown/50k millionaire type crowd you see at other "exclusive" events in Vancouver.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-14-2015, 03:02 PM   #33

Quote:
Geez, say hi next time.

Quote:
My friends and I divided and conquered. I went and grabbed pizza while they grabbed me a slider. Sliders were so not worth the wait...tiny little patties. Had to make up for it with more vodka. The girl at that counter looked like a 20-year old Denise Richards

I let the organizers know that I heard from a lot of people that were pissed about paying for VIP and getting very little if anything past 2pm.
Yes! the Bar None chick right? (in white) my buddy was claiming she kept checking me out while we were in line, but i think he just wanted to see me try and pick her up
Old 09-14-2015, 03:12 PM   #34
...in the world.

Yeah, her and her sexy ass eyebrows. I should've asked for a photo but I had like 6 drinks by then so my game face wasn't on...
This post thanked by:
Old 09-14-2015, 03:13 PM   #35
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,174 Times in 2,407 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asian_XL View Post
is that the phone or her knee is fucked up?

LOL I noticed that too...

2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-14-2015, 03:25 PM   #36
...in the world.

LOL I thought the same thing at the "That isn't a model is it?" comment above. HER ELBOWS ARE TOO POINTY.

All the girls at the show were pretty cute. A few in the fashion show looked...older but pretty.
This post thanked by:
Old 09-14-2015, 04:02 PM   #37
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
that's what I was expecting too. it isn't just you.

Quote:
All the girls at the show were pretty cute. A few in the fashion show looked...older but pretty.
agreed
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 04:12 PM   #38

i thought the girl with the horrendous knees was gorgeous! looked better irl too my friend wanted me to wait to get a good pic of her (she was posing just as i was setting up to shoot) then buddy in the picture was harsh laying his mack down and wouldn't leave, so thats all i got :/
Old 10-12-2015, 08:33 AM   #39
I LIKE JDM!!

finally finished it. Took forever but better late then never? Need to quit day job to focus on my photo and video work.

YouTube
Instagram
flickr
Twitter
Portfolio
european is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 01:01 PM   #40
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 4,518 Times in 691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by european View Post
Need to quit day job to focus on my photo and video work.
Yup, you really should. Great job!

1992 Nissan President Sovereign, Black
1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R, Black
1989 Nissan Skyline GTS-4, Black
1986 Porsche 944, Black
SpartanAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 07:24 AM   #41
I LIKE JDM!!

Finally got through the photos.

YouTube
Instagram