REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat

Mobile Phone & Tablet Chat Need to unlock your phone? Check us out at JP Cellular Repair.
Smatphones, Tablets, Pagers (lol), Accessories, Networks, Services, Tips & Tricks, Download ringtones, Screen savers..

Old 09-14-2015, 08:27 AM   #1
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
LG G4 Thread

Got mine recently for free with telus...anyone have one yet?
Advertisement
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 12:02 PM   #2
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Here are my findings.

Compared to my older G3, the G4 seems a little less durable in terms of the outer silver bezel. It fell off the seat at a cafe and it caused a decently sized nick compared to what I had on my G3 after multiple similar drops.

After playing around with other phones at work, I find that the LG G4 screen is not that great either. It's not as vibrant as the AMOLED technology in the Samsung phones, and the maximum brightness isn't as great either. I definitely loved the screen more on my OnePlus One.

Battery life is subpar, but I don't know if it's because I was spoiled by my OnePlus. I usually hit around 3:30 hours of screen-on-time before the phone dies completely. This is generally at 50% brightness and 3G. No games either.

The only saving grace of the G4 is the expandable storage, removable battery, and the fact that it has the best smartphone camera on the market. These were the reasons that I got the phone in the first place, but I do think that I will end up getting a regular S6 in a month or two since I never actually ended up buying an extra battery or needed the expandable storage.

I think I'd rather enjoy a nicer looking screen on the Samsung and deal with the slightly worse camera in low-light.

Just my two cents.
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 12:09 AM   #3
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,449 Times in 1,438 Posts
I have one, but WHY THE BOOTLOADER hasn't unlocked yet!

we are stuck with laggy stock rom.
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 11:23 PM   #4
Say! Say! Say!

Thanked 3,215 Times in 1,398 Posts
Bought the amFilm tempered screen protector.

Installed it on my phone and it looks and feels great.

Highly recommend it.

And if anyone needs cases - LG G4 Cases - Spigen / Verus / TPU
Originally Posted by 89blkcivic View Post
Did I tell you guys black is my favourite colour? My Ridgeline is black. My Honda Fit is black. Wish my dick was black........ LOL.
Razor Ramon HG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2015, 02:45 AM   #5
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,449 Times in 1,438 Posts
It is not G4 if no leather back.
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote