REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Old 09-15-2015, 03:15 PM   #1
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Good home juicer

Anyone here juice regularly at home??

I've owned a Bullet Express- makers of Magic Bullet.

The machine started off being good. Quiet. Extracts all the juice out of fruits and veggies after going through the blade twice.

Now after about a year of juicing everyday, the machine is freaking loud! The blade isnt able to extract all the juice even after the 3rd time of going through the machine.

The "mulch" use to look like saw dust after going through twice...

Anyways, just wondering if anyone here juices as much as i do and has good feedback with whatever machine they use?

Budget is around the $200 mark unless spending more really justify its ease of use, longevity and ease of cleaning.
Advertisement
hi-revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 04:11 PM   #2
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Reputable Chinese loose tea shops in Vancouver?

If you have Costco.. try this one:

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/costc...rance-1805715/

I find it much better than the knife type blender. Because it doesn't froth as much, there is less oxidation and your juice lasts longer.

Last edited by godwin; 09-15-2015 at 04:28 PM.
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 04:27 PM   #3
2x Variable Nockenwellen Steuerung

Thanked 1,174 Times in 704 Posts
Reputable Chinese loose tea shops in Vancouver?

Dang it! double post
godwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 04:31 PM   #4
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thinking of this one with all its positive reviews

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B003R28...recille+juicer
hi-revs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 06:53 PM   #5
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi-revs View Post
Thinking of this one with all its positive reviews

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B003R28...recille+juicer
My mother has the "elite" version of that juicer. It's loud as expected. The neighbors can hear it. She also runs the veg/fruits through it twice or thrice. Fibrous stuff should go through last. If youre a health nut go for a cold press type juicer.
jtrinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 08:18 PM   #6
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,090 Times in 318 Posts
If you don't mind second hand you can hit up craigslist and get omega 8006.
Omega 8006 masticating juicer
Low ball him to $200.

I ended up getting the vrt model, it's expensive but it hasn't failed me.
corollagtSr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 08:31 AM   #7
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,453 Times in 987 Posts
i like the VRT models as well because they are quiet, take less counter space, and do everything well. downside is they cost around $400 and are not the best to clean.

if you do a lot of watery vegetables and fruits then the brevilles are actually really good. some people dont like them because they are loud and inject a lot of air into the juice, but they are the most convenient for most people who arent doing wheatgrass or any other dry leafy greens. as godwin said, the juice wont last long because of the air but really most people just juice what they need to drink at the moment and are done with it. even with an auger system you dont really want to store juice for longer than a day anyway. the brevilles are easy to clean and are by far the fastest juicers on the market, not only in extraction time but also in prep because you dont have to chop stuff up very much, the chute takes a lot at a time.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 06:20 PM   #8
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I remember last year I saw an amazing jaw dropping juicer sold at H-Mart in Aberdeen. There was a demo and all. Things literally came out like saw dust. It was like ~$280 promotional price. Might've been one of the Kuvings.
jinxcrusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 06:12 PM   #9
My homepage has been set to RS

I had the 8004 Nutrition System Juicer. It is a slow masticating style juicer, which is suppose to help the shelf life of your juice.

Personally found. Using the machine and putting into portion sized mason jars. I was able to keep it in the fridge for about 2-3days. After that the color would start to be noticeable different and the taste starts to change a little.

Clean up isn't hard. It gets taken apart very easily but you'll need to wash 5-8 different parts each time. Which I found kinda annoying.

It does a very good job extracting most the juices out and is very quiet. I usually juice at night and no one within my family seemed to have complained

The Omega brand is pretty popular and the 10year warranty on the product is pretty good

Last edited by MelonBoy; 10-04-2015 at 06:18 PM.
MelonBoy is offline   Reply With Quote