REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-04-2015, 11:07 AM   #151
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
What do you mean you have to? Other than autogratuity for large parties, you don't HAVE to tip. You're expected to but you don't have to.
Advertisement
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 11:14 AM   #152
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Yeah man, if I get crappy service, the tip doesn't exist.
I get even angrier when you don't leave a tip and the person runs after you asking for a tip. "Bitch you don't deserve a tip for fucking around."

People need reality checks for that kind of shit.
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-04-2015, 11:32 AM   #153
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,235 Times in 1,221 Posts
Unfortunately society has pretty much deemed it mandatory even if the service blows. People used to do a good job because a tip was earned for it, now people have it so engrained in their mind that they have to tip that the servers don't even try anymore, they just get pissed off when their "expected" tip isn't there the odd time.
MarkyMark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-04-2015, 12:52 PM   #154
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
"Society"? Who's going to give you shit and why would you care? The server? Well they shouldn't have been such dicks then.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 09:07 PM   #155
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 1,536 Times in 427 Posts
Unfortunately that the customer is always right mentality is what keeps customers coming no matter where you work. Customer loyalty is the hardest thing to earn.
SoNaRWaVe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 10:20 PM   #156
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
Unfortunately society has pretty much deemed it mandatory even if the service blows. People used to do a good job because a tip was earned for it, now people have it so engrained in their mind that they have to tip that the servers don't even try anymore, they just get pissed off when their "expected" tip isn't there the odd time.
Entitlement culture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-05-2015, 07:45 AM   #157
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,161 Times in 301 Posts
Has anybody ever been on the other side of the 'the customer is always right' paradigm?

Long story short I was completely disrespected by a customer service employee and when I brought it to the attention of the owner he brushed off what I had to say and kept apologizing and saying the customer is always right without even completely hearing my story. I was expecting harsher punishment than just changing my server. I guess some owners don't give a shit if their employees foster this kind of behavior
Galactic_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 10:30 AM   #158

There are lots of times the "customer is always right" mentality makes the customer a fucking douche. It's the main reason I refuse to work in the service/retail industry.

The entitlement of some people just boggles my mind. You aren't right, you are a fucking moron.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-05-2015, 12:46 PM   #159
N8
I STILL don't get it

If service sucks I still give a (smaller) tip if the food was good. The guys in the back deserve something too.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-05-2015, 02:58 PM   #160
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Most hostile people that I dealt with in retail weren't douches, but were frustrated with something. Sometimes you just have to be the bigger person, take a little abuse, and try to find out what's bothering them so you can address it. I'd say 90% of the time, it was a series of little things that eventually resulted in a customer losing it and an easy fix, usually resulting in a smile, an apology, and a thank you at the end.

It's not fair to take your problems out on people serving you, but we all have our problems and sometimes the frustration level gets the better of you.

Of course, there are people that are completely unreasonable, unsatisfiable assholes and those people can get the fuck out and not come back.

Fortunately, I don't have to deal with the public anymore aside from helping the odd person find where they're going inside the hospital.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-05-2015, 06:25 PM   #161
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
automotive industry...

CSI survey holds the sales associate by the balls and the service writer/advisor's balls in a vice...

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-05-2015, 07:51 PM   #162
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoFire View Post
BeeBeeAhn you deserve a thanks just for "Rolled my eyes so hard I almost saw my brain"

Anyways, Superstore.

Ages ago when I was a price checker(guys in skates), I was skating through the bins in the beauty department when a toddler waddles out in front of me and I had to jump and fall to the side to avoid him. I wasn't skating fast because there was a lot of people and it just wasn't that busy for me. The mom proceeded to scream at me on the spot for almost killing her kid. A few mins later I got called to the customer service where she was complaining to my supervisor and screamed at me some more.

The toddler was shorter than the merchandise bins and there was no way to see him running around. I really really wanted to tell her off, maybe she should be a responsible parent and look after her kids.
I got a stupid parent story.
Last week, I took my daughter for her skating lesson and after the lesson the teachers gave them all a treat for halloween. I was cleaning her skates while my wife was talking my daughter out of the rink, she was talking behind her. My daughter was eating her chocolate and a kid goes up to her and grab her chocolate and ate it. My wife was pissed and ask the kid where is his parent, he just ignored her. When my older daughter found out what happened, she told my wife that the kid talked to a lady while I was wiping the skates. She confronted the lady/mother and all she said was he is "Special Need" and just brushed off my wife. After I found out what all happened I told her that every time I text her about a kid causing problem at the rink it was that kid. This kid runs up and down the stairs pushing people, he would push kids into the ice while whey wait to go on the ice, he would make a lot of banging of the doors. Of the 5 or 6 classes my daughter had skating he always caused problem and the mother was no where to be found, because she would not say anything to him. I think kid is only "special needs" because the parent chose not to do anything about it.
Impreza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 07:54 PM   #163
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by melloman View Post
Yeah man, if I get crappy service, the tip doesn't exist.
I get even angrier when you don't leave a tip and the person runs after you asking for a tip. "Bitch you don't deserve a tip for fucking around."

People need reality checks for that kind of shit.
There are a few places in Richmond that when you leave and they give you the change, they will stand there and watch you tip. If it is not what they expect, they will tell you.
Impreza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 07:55 PM   #164
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
automotive industry...

CSI survey holds the sales associate by the balls and the service writer/advisor's balls in a vice...
"anything less than a 10 is a fail."

" hey, you might get a survey .............. blah blah ...... would really apprieciate it if you give me a 10."
Old 11-05-2015, 08:46 PM   #165
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,065 Times in 1,251 Posts
Never seen a survey for mercedes benz

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 07:29 AM   #166
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,811 Times in 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
Never seen a survey for mercedes benz
they must have filled it out for you already...thanks for the 10

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 07:32 AM   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impreza View Post
There are a few places in Richmond that when you leave and they give you the change, they will stand there and watch you tip. If it is not what they expect, they will tell you.
It's not only Richmond, I've had the same experience in asian restaurants all over (Burnaby, Vancouver, Richmond, etc)

See now I understand at some restaurants kitchen staff get a cut of the tips, but it's not at all restaurants. I am generally a nice tipper, yet I base the majority of my tip on service.

Sorry but I'm not tipping the kitchen staff in my opinion, I came for good service and food. If the food isn't great, then I'm not coming back to begin with.
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 11-06-2015, 04:37 PM   #168
mb_
WUB WUB WUB WUB WUB

Thanked 7,009 Times in 1,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by see.lai View Post

" hey, you might get a survey .............. blah blah ...... would really apprieciate it if you give me a 10."
We must work for the same manufacturer lol. I've gotten a few "bad" survey and the customer had no problem at all with the service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowguy View Post
fuck you hipster
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollguy View Post
then fuck you hipster akinari
Quote:
[23-05, 11:34] FastAnna suck a dick ygay
mb_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 05:30 PM   #169
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,900 Times in 3,864 Posts
Tipping is so bastardized now it's insane. Tips are supposed to be for when somebody goes above and beyond their job description, but they've become so overdone that now people expect it for doing the bare minimum of their job description.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-06-2015, 06:15 PM   #170
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Tipping is so bastardized now it's insane. Tips are supposed to be for when somebody goes above and beyond their job description, but they've become so overdone that now people expect it for doing the bare minimum of their job description.
And now it's "I rely on tips to make ends meet!"

Well then ya better up yer fuckin' game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-06-2015, 06:46 PM   #171

Thanked 1,645 Times in 446 Posts
Lol it was so nice in japan....even in michelin star resturants and 5 star hotels. There was no tipping culture.

On my journey back...I spent like $30 in tips at the westin San Francisco. ....to a point I asked the porter for help with my luggage on the morning of my check out, I apologized for not having smaller bills to tip him ...he replied with "oh I have change"...so end up tipping $5...granted I did need his help with my luggage but in japan this service would've been free and no tips expected.
skiiipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 08:58 PM   #172
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiiipi View Post
Lol it was so nice in japan....even in michelin star resturants and 5 star hotels. There was no tipping culture.

On my journey back...I spent like $30 in tips at the westin San Francisco. ....to a point I asked the porter for help with my luggage on the morning of my check out, I apologized for not having smaller bills to tip him ...he replied with "oh I have change"...so end up tipping $5...granted I did need his help with my luggage but in japan this service would've been free and no tips expected.
Same in China lol. Ppl never tip.... one time I order room service for food and give this guy like $50RMB to bring my food up he was like "we don't really need tips but thanks." I like more that way since they aren't expecting anything but still give you good service.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 11:30 PM   #173
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by melloman View Post
There are lots of times the "customer is always right" mentality makes the customer a fucking douche. It's the main reason I refuse to work in the service/retail industry.

The entitlement of some people just boggles my mind. You aren't right, you are a fucking moron.
Sometimes great customer service is being able to tell the customer to indirectly fuck off but with a smile. These people act like d-bags because they've never worked in service/retail themselves or they're conditioned to do so. If they got what they wanted in the past by acting up, they're more likely to do it again.
Old 11-07-2015, 05:21 AM   #174
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by see.lai View Post

you cant even ask that. new surveys have a question on them now asking if you have been coached into how to fill the survey.

you lose major points for not calling the customer back with a follow up, even if the customer states they will call you once they know how their schedule is. so if you do call them, they are pissed that you are pestering them, but if you don't call them, you fail on the CSI.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 10:41 AM   #175

Thanked 1,645 Times in 446 Posts
So this morning my store did a gift card give away where the first 80 customers in line received a gift card between $25 to $1000. (40×$25, 28x $50, 11x$100, 1x $1000)

So by the time I got to work at 6:00am there was already about 50 people in line. At 8 am we had well over $100 customers. So we started to hand out nunber cards to each customer to exchange the gc as they walks through the door. After we got to the 80th we explained to the rest of the customer in line that the next 100 customers will get a $15 gc as a consolation prize (not advertised).
Once we counted 180 customers in line we opened the doors at around 8:45am.

At 9:30am I get called to the cash desk, and the following conversation happened.
Cx: I got here at 8:55 and I didn't get a gift card
Me: sir unfortunately the cards were for the first 80 customers in line, and that number was reached actually by 8am.
Cx: that's bull shit your flyer says you open at 9
Me: I understand that sir but it also says the gc is for the first 80 customers in line when we open.
Cx: but you opened early I was here at 8:55 and you were already open that's false advertising.
Me: sir...at 8:45 when we opened we already had well over 80 customers in line so even if we had opened at 9 and you came at 8:55 you still wouldn't be here in time for a gift card.
Cx: that's fucking bullshit, it's false advertising your flyer said 9am.
Me: sir I understand your disappointment and suggest maybe in the future that you maybe come earlier for these events, however we appreciate your business and I'd be willing to offer you a $25 discount off your purchase today in lieu of that gc you were hoping to receive.
Cx: no, I want my purchase to be free, I could've gotten the $1000 card.
Me: sir...I need you to understand that even if I had not opened my doors at 8:45 you still would not have been eligible let for any card bt as a courtesy I am offering you a $25 discount off your purchase which is already on sale by a min of 25% off.
Cx: no you guys still opened early which is false advertisement. I need to be properly compensated.
Me: sir, $25 discount is the best I am willing to do under the circumstances.
Cx: who's your boss?
Me: *hands the customer a customer comment card* you may dial this number on Monday between 8 to 4 and speak directly with my head office.
Cx: I want to speak with your boss now.
Me: unfortunately my boss does not work weekends and she is not based out of this city, you are more than welcome to contact her or my head office on Monday *writes down my bosses number for customer*
Cx: this is fuckin bullshit, you guys just lost a valuable customer, I'm never shopping here again.
Me: I'm sorry you feel that way, I hope you have a nice day.
*cx leaves without buying anything*
skiiipi is offline   Reply With Quote