REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-25-2015, 06:17 PM   #126
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Not sure how well known this is, but at most chain stores here, if you notice the wrong price come up at the register, just let them ring it through, and then go to customer service. They'll give you the item for free, up to $10. Sometimes they'll try to just refund you the difference so you'll have to remind them - it's called the Scanner Price Accuracy Code.

There's a list of participating retailers here: Scanner Price Accuracy Code | Retail Council of Canada
Advertisement
vixroar is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-25-2015, 07:50 PM   #127
JDMEK9Mod | DogWhisperer

Thanked 5,264 Times in 1,624 Posts
This thread is still going so I'll share one of my work-related-poop stories. Yes, for those wondering, there's more than one.

Value Village.

On a weekend shift, a customer had stopped by to tell me that the toilet in the public washroom was backed up and needed attention. At the time, one of my cashiers was next to me when this was said so of course I tell her she's going to be the one to clean it. Immediately, she vehemently declined to do so citing the fact that if she's the one in there she'll end up barfing on top of whatever's already there.

FML.

So I walk over to the back corner where the washroom is. IMO, having a public washroom at a VV is perhaps the most terrible idea ever. You get all sorts of freaking weirdos both rich and poor. Anyways, as I approach the washroom, there's already toilet water spilling out onto the sales floor. FUCK. I suck it up and go inside. It's clogged alright, but wait, there's more.

It's bad enough that someone had clogged up the damn toilet but guess what? PEOPLE KEPT GOING. I cannot describe the god awful stench that reeked inside of that room but what I can tell you is this: I couldn't eat carrots for the next three months, let alone even LOOK at one.

After this day, any time I was told there was an issue with the toilet I simply hand wrote a "Out of Order" sign and taped it to the door. Fuck it. No more. They can get someone to clean this shit up (literally) on Monday.

And thus ends poop story #1
Spoiler!
spoon.ek9 is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-25-2015, 08:44 PM   #128
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,149 Times in 388 Posts
^
I worked at a medium sized independent grocery store at the time.

One weekend, I first noticed a trail of brown sludge leading down an aisle when I came out of the backroom. Seconds later, my nose filled me in what that brown sludge was: Poop.

It started somewhere in Produce, and trailed through the main cross aisle, then down one aisle and out the main doors. Best we could figure is, a senior had gotten incontinent, didn't notice for a while, then left the store once they figured out what was going on. We were pretty close to a retirement home.

People had no idea. They were walking through it, pushing carts through it and tracking shit everywhere. We grabbed all the stock clerks and produce guys to try to block off all the affected aisles while we mopped it up quick.

After we got the all the major stuff, we had to mop up the entire store. That was usually the night guy's job.
Mikoyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 09:15 PM   #129
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,906 Times in 3,869 Posts
I remembered another gem from my time at Cambodian Fire, it doesn't involve any customers but it's too priceless not to share.

I'm not sure about other stores, but in ours the back storage area had two levels, a lower level with the stuff we went through a lot of, and an upper level with the stuff we didn't need to get to as much. One day one of the guys in another department needed something from up there, but as he headed up one of the sets of stairs he was greeted by the sight of one of the other workers from behind, with his pants around his ankles as he performed an act upon himself with sunscreen while looking at a Debbie Travis magazine.

Of course word of this spread around the rest of the store quite quickly, but oddly enough the guy kept working there for some time afterwards. He never spoke to anyone of course, but he did stay for quite some time.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-25-2015, 09:57 PM   #130
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
really dont know where to post this

i just went to McDonald's and i over heard a man complain to the manager, at 1st i thought it was food or service related.............but turns out dude was.displeased that they fire his kid off the job

WTF lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 10:16 PM   #131
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
gotta be a dumb fuck to get fired from there.
Old 10-27-2015, 03:00 AM   #132

^
this was in china BTW, which still

Quote:
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
Old 10-27-2015, 06:38 AM   #133
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,543 Times in 840 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ae101 View Post
^
this was in china BTW, which still
只有傻B才會被McDonalds開除
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 11:26 AM   #134
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,561 Times in 455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
I remembered another gem from my time at Cambodian Fire, it doesn't involve any customers but it's too priceless not to share.

I'm not sure about other stores, but in ours the back storage area had two levels, a lower level with the stuff we went through a lot of, and an upper level with the stuff we didn't need to get to as much. One day one of the guys in another department needed something from up there, but as he headed up one of the sets of stairs he was greeted by the sight of one of the other workers from behind, with his pants around his ankles as he performed an act upon himself with sunscreen while looking at a Debbie Travis magazine.

Of course word of this spread around the rest of the store quite quickly, but oddly enough the guy kept working there for some time afterwards. He never spoke to anyone of course, but he did stay for quite some time.
Spoiler!

Good way to kill some time at work lol #wouldbang
Lowered_Klass is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-27-2015, 07:34 PM   #135

went to buy soy sauce & i just remember this story from way back

i was working in a large supermarket & mainlander lady ask me to read the chinese small prints on the soy sauce, i told i cant cuz i dont know how to read chinese

then she tells me how i should be a ashamed of myself for not knowing how to read chinese & how i failed as a chinese

so i just blurred out some random chinese poet that sort of seem right at the time & i just walked away

Quote:

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Old 10-27-2015, 07:58 PM   #136
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Here is a poop story from when i worked at an electronics retail store years ago:

I was working at the returns desk one night and our team sees a customer walking towards the desk carrying an iMac. We were anticipating that the customer is looking for a return/exchange and so the computer supervisor was called in to try to save the sale. After an inspection of the iMac, it was cleared for returned. However, our manager noticed a brown smear on the box of the iMac. The manager took a closer look and smelled the area with a disgusted look on his face. The manager asked the customer what it was because the box wasn't in the condition to resell as an open box. The customer replied that the dog shat on the box. Well, they did a shitty job of cleaning that up.(no pun intended)

spoiler: is the pic of the iMac box (sorry for the bad quality pic, mobile cameras weren't that great yet)

Spoiler!

chipmunk604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 01:55 PM   #137
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ae101 View Post
i duno about u guys but most of the CS on phone are all lazy mother fuckers

i remember i signed up for telus $30 home bundle (i dont remember if it was $30) right before the vancouver winter olympics

the store says my area is available for installment, but when i phone telus they told me my area is not available for installment

i called back & forth while i going to the telus store back & forth, it drove me nuts..........it was to the point where i was gonna tell them that i would call olsen on your side (now called steel on your side)

i had one month of no tv & internet service cuz both parties left me hanging, also telus ppl said they i have to pay them if i switch to another provider when i didnt even have my service installed yet

i went back to shaw for a while in till they phone me up & have me a free xbox 360 & hp laptop without paying extra (as i was going to cancel my phone service with them & go bundle in all with shaw)
Really depends on the company and their policy. Most bigger companies like Telus, Shaw, Rogers their CSR and tech support have a limit as how long each call should last, a n average time they spend on calls, how much sales they make etc etc.... If they don't make that quota then they either get words from supervisor or get fired. The best way to get ppl off the phone is to go as fast as possible and not really caring your issue.

My company doesn't really measure your call time so you can spend as long as you need to help with customers (but that's not to say spend like hours and hours one one guy). Maybe is just me but sometimes I get tired from taking call after call I just spend extra time with ppl I found really nice and easy going or old ppl coz you know it takes them 5mins just to figure out how to turn their computer on. I use that time to relax and nap lol.

Edit. I just came back form my trip to Beijing and to be honest I found the sales and the waiters better manner than some of the waiters here. At least they actually explain the menu and actually smile, plus you don't even tip them.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 07:19 PM   #138

^
lol that must be a pretty pricey meal la

Quote:

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Old 11-03-2015, 10:20 PM   #139

Ok, time for some more pharmacy stories.

I love flu season in the pharmacy. I just love it. Had an old lady come up to me today very politely asking me if I can help her with her bad cough. Well sure, that's my job right? She explains to me that she's been dealing with a very sore throat for the last few days and she has phlegm. I was just about to show her our selection of different cough syrups when she reaches into her pocket, pulls out a wad of tissues, unfolds them and shows me her phlegm. It was green and yellow. Now I'm a little sick too, and upon seeing that disgusting mucus covered tissue, I dryheaved. Like i almost puked on the old lady. Please, for the love of god, don't show pharmacy staff your god damn phlegm. That's just disgusting and will probably get someone else sick.

Ok so here's gross story number 2. We give out sharps disposal containers to our diabetic patients for free. We take them back when they're filled, and give you a new one. I had given this young Chinese lady a sharps container a short while ago, and was quite surprised she came back so quickly for a new one. She places it on my counter and I smelled something weird. She put her used tampons in them. Apparently, she thinks it's ok to dispose of tampons in a sharps container because there's blood, and she thought it would be safer to dispose of them that way.

Oh, and I have learned to be very scared of pregnant women. Had a pregnant woman cry hysterically because she had a copay on her glucose test strips. Why? doctor ordered her to test more because she's pregnant, and so we had to fill more boxes of them. Her 3rd party insurance has a limit on how many strips they will cover per month. Her co-pay? <10 bucks. She cried for a good 10 minutes while I silently panicked. I have no idea how to deal with overly emotional people, but i figured patting her gently on the head wouldn't help. I seriously felt bad for her though. Pregnancy hormones are some serious shit.

Was filling a RX for a couple of mainlander ladies and while I was processing them, they decided to have a discussion about me in Mandarin. I don't look super Chinese, but my Mandarin is pretty damn fluent. I suppose they assumed I'm CBC or something, so they started making comments about me. I listened while typing furiously, and then looked up and said to them in Mandarin, "the current wait time is 1 hour. See you later." They look mortified. Oh, and they were talking about my appearance. They were wondering how I managed to land this job since I don't look like a "good girl". Rolled my eyes so hard I almost saw my brain. Reminds me of the time an old lady told me my eyeliner makes me look like I worship Satan. Well pardon me, but my eyeliner is on point like Jafar's.
Old 11-03-2015, 10:36 PM   #140

^
i do need some meds, care to share what u look like and where u work

Quote:

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Old 11-03-2015, 11:04 PM   #141

Thanked 2,110 Times in 602 Posts
just go around showing pretend phlegm until you find the one who dry heaves
Old 11-04-2015, 12:14 AM   #142

Thanked 1,645 Times in 446 Posts
So I've worked about 13 years in retail....a big chunk of that in the gvrd so I've got my share of bad asian customer stories. But the last 4 years I've been working in some "whiter" communities and have dealt with some rather "difficult" none asian customers as well.

Recently I had a customer come back wanting to return a jacket that he had worn for at least a year without a receipt because he claimed it wasn't warm enough. After some lengthy discussion I told the customer that I wasn't able to take back a well worn jacket that has no defects, however I'd be willing to give him a new jacket at cost (about 60% off retail). He wasn't happy with this and asked to speak to a manager, after explaining to hin that I was a manager he got mad and said "I mean a real manager, someone that's actually Canadian"....given that I am asian...I assumed he wanted to talk to a white manager, the only other manager in the store at the time was black so I guess that wasn't going to be much help. So I went to my office briefed one of my white staff on the situation, and when he went out to talk to the customer, the customer responded quite well and ended up taking the offer on getting another jacket at cost.

During back to school, I was called out to the floor to field a customer complaint. So I went out to the floor and after the customer saw me, she immediately looked more angry and said "great the manager is a temporary foreign worker too!?!" Then she proceeded to ask to speak with my boss and my head office about employing temporary foreign workers. I explained to her that we don't employe tfws and that all of our staff are either Canadian, PRs or have proper work visas. She then points at a black girl and says "you telling me that n**** is canadian!?! Or that Japanese *points to a Filipino coworker* girl there!? These people are taking jobs away from my kids who are real Canadians. I asked her to refrain from using racial slurs and asked if there was anything I can help with her shopping needs today. To which she responded "nope, I'm going to shop somewhere that supports real canadians".

Had another issue with a parent....this one wasn't so much racist but just bad parenting. I terminated a kid for missing his shift repetitively. .his dad came in and yelled at me for firing his kid. I explained to him that his son was terminated for attendance issues after being given numerous warnings. He proceeded to tell that "your problem is you treat these kids as adults...they are kids...and this is not even a real job. ..it's retail for fuck sakes" ...

I got a lot more but will just leaves these here for now
skiiipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 12:19 AM   #143

heres an interesting one that just happend today:

dude walks in my office says hes looking for me and then tells me im not the person he met at the show

bare in mind its still very hot in Guangzhou China and i was in t shirt and shorts

he said the guy he met was Canadian chinese and looked very formal, well educated

i told him i was but he didn't believe me and he just walked away

turns out my dad has handed out my name card without telling me, which was hella odd lol

Quote:

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Old 11-04-2015, 06:42 AM   #144

Thanked 2,454 Times in 813 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiiipi View Post
So I've worked about 13 years in retail....a big chunk of that in the gvrd so I've got my share of bad asian customer stories. But the last 4 years I've been working in some "whiter" communities and have dealt with some rather "difficult" none asian customers as well.

Recently I had a customer come back wanting to return a jacket that he had worn for at least a year without a receipt because he claimed it wasn't warm enough. After some lengthy discussion I told the customer that I wasn't able to take back a well worn jacket that has no defects, however I'd be willing to give him a new jacket at cost (about 60% off retail). He wasn't happy with this and asked to speak to a manager, after explaining to hin that I was a manager he got mad and said "I mean a real manager, someone that's actually Canadian"....given that I am asian...I assumed he wanted to talk to a white manager, the only other manager in the store at the time was black so I guess that wasn't going to be much help. So I went to my office briefed one of my white staff on the situation, and when he went out to talk to the customer, the customer responded quite well and ended up taking the offer on getting another jacket at cost.

During back to school, I was called out to the floor to field a customer complaint. So I went out to the floor and after the customer saw me, she immediately looked more angry and said "great the manager is a temporary foreign worker too!?!" Then she proceeded to ask to speak with my boss and my head office about employing temporary foreign workers. I explained to her that we don't employe tfws and that all of our staff are either Canadian, PRs or have proper work visas. She then points at a black girl and says "you telling me that n**** is canadian!?! Or that Japanese *points to a Filipino coworker* girl there!? These people are taking jobs away from my kids who are real Canadians. I asked her to refrain from using racial slurs and asked if there was anything I can help with her shopping needs today. To which she responded "nope, I'm going to shop somewhere that supports real canadians".

Had another issue with a parent....this one wasn't so much racist but just bad parenting. I terminated a kid for missing his shift repetitively. .his dad came in and yelled at me for firing his kid. I explained to him that his son was terminated for attendance issues after being given numerous warnings. He proceeded to tell that "your problem is you treat these kids as adults...they are kids...and this is not even a real job. ..it's retail for fuck sakes" ...

I got a lot more but will just leaves these here for now
Given your location, this does not surprise me at all.. There are alot of angry racist white people in the "rich areas" of Vancouver.
[17-03, 09:23] Amuro Ray is it normal for my dick to have things growing on it?
Quote:
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna You guise are like diet coke and I am the mentos
[15-05, 13:34] FastAnna Incredible. How easy it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murd0c View Post
I'm scared of spiders... When I see one I toss my cats at it
melloman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-04-2015, 08:21 AM   #145
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by melloman View Post
Given your location, this does not surprise me at all.. There are alot of angry racist white people in the "rich areas" of Vancouver.
b/c they're being overrun by equally angry racist rich mainlanders?

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-04-2015, 08:50 AM   #146
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBeeAhn View Post
Rolled my eyes so hard I almost saw my brain.

I know it's only 9:49am, but this is the line of the day.

+1, will lol again.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-04-2015, 09:38 AM   #147
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Was in Beijing for a about a week. I stay in this area where there are lots of foreigners. One day I decided to grab a coffee from Starbucks and the women in front of me keep telling the cashier she wants a cappuccino not a coffee in English. The cashier keep telling the girl she doesn't speaks English in Chinese. While I am having a laugh in the back. Anyways I wanted to help but I have no idea what cappuccino is in Chinese.
Old 11-04-2015, 10:05 AM   #148
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,193 Times in 1,017 Posts
BeeBeeAhn you deserve a thanks just for "Rolled my eyes so hard I almost saw my brain"

Anyways, Superstore.

Ages ago when I was a price checker(guys in skates), I was skating through the bins in the beauty department when a toddler waddles out in front of me and I had to jump and fall to the side to avoid him. I wasn't skating fast because there was a lot of people and it just wasn't that busy for me. The mom proceeded to scream at me on the spot for almost killing her kid. A few mins later I got called to the customer service where she was complaining to my supervisor and screamed at me some more.

The toddler was shorter than the merchandise bins and there was no way to see him running around. I really really wanted to tell her off, maybe she should be a responsible parent and look after her kids.

Last edited by EvoFire; 11-04-2015 at 10:10 AM.
EvoFire is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-04-2015, 10:33 AM   #149
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
If only retail employees could tell people what they were actually thinking.

"The customer is always right." only breeds ignorant morons that believe everyone is there to serve them. Whoever came up with this phrase should be drawn and quartered.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-04-2015, 10:57 AM   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
If only retail employees could tell people what they were actually thinking.

"The customer is always right." only breeds ignorant morons that believe everyone is there to serve them. Whoever came up with this phrase should be drawn and quartered.
Same with the service sector expecting tips. Tips should only be given when they earn it. I hate it when I get crappy service and still have to pay for tips.
This post thanked by: