REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-07-2015, 11:10 AM   #176
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
^ some people can't be pleased.
Advertisement
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 11:22 AM   #177
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,645 Times in 446 Posts
Yea it's stupid cause every time something escalates beyond me I get in shit for it.
I mean I have the authority to give him his jacket for free if that's what it takes to keep him happy but in principle it's not fair to all the customers that are understanding and are not asshole.
I think the offer I gave him is more than fair and I decided to stand my ground.
skiiipi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-07-2015, 12:26 PM   #178
Media Officer / MOD

Thanked 5,751 Times in 1,724 Posts
^ i wouldn't bend over backwards for some people its not worth it. and it de values the product
Quick link to personal reviews -> Website YouTube
Official Revscene Instagram Coordinator
!Aznboi128 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-07-2015, 01:46 PM   #179
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiiipi View Post
Yea it's stupid cause every time something escalates beyond me I get in shit for it.
I mean I have the authority to give him his jacket for free if that's what it takes to keep him happy but in principle it's not fair to all the customers that are understanding and are not asshole.
I think the offer I gave him is more than fair and I decided to stand my ground.
We did that for a couple of customers. Managers decided to bend over and kept them as a customer. Only leads to be more assholes so in the end we send them letters that we no longer wants them as our customers. Send the letters in and disconnected their services. From then on managements learn not to bend backwards for these assholes. They are just not worth the time and effort.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-07-2015, 02:13 PM   #180
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,906 Times in 3,869 Posts
Props for standing your ground, so many people don't seem to realize that the kind of customers you have to bend over backwards to keep aren't the customers you want anyways, most of the time they never enter that store again.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-07-2015, 08:46 PM   #181
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Walked into a chocolate shop last night and a couple at the counter were having fit. Apparently two days before she had called to ask if they had a certain flavour in stock and was told yes.

Two days later when she showed up they didn't have as many chocolates as she wanted she was pissed. She rented a car.....rented car to buy chocolates at a store you can get to by skytrain. The staff were helpful enough to call another store close by but she said she couldn't get there. Huge hissy fit that someone lied to her. How could they lie to her. What kind of store....blah blah blah.

Threw chocolates on the way out.

The other customer in the store and I had a very good laugh and were given free chocolates.
B!tch is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-07-2015, 09:55 PM   #182
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B!tch View Post
Walked into a chocolate shop last night and a couple at the counter were having fit. Apparently two days before she had called to ask if they had a certain flavour in stock and was told yes.

Two days later when she showed up they didn't have as many chocolates as she wanted she was pissed. She rented a car.....rented car to buy chocolates at a store you can get to by skytrain. The staff were helpful enough to call another store close by but she said she couldn't get there. Huge hissy fit that someone lied to her. How could they lie to her. What kind of store....blah blah blah.

Threw chocolates on the way out.

The other customer in the store and I had a very good laugh and were given free chocolates.
WTF! She called 2 days ago. And they didn't lie because 2 days ago they did have the flavor she wanted. What does she expect she went 2 days after she made the call.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-07-2015, 10:20 PM   #183
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,309 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
WTF! She called 2 days ago. And they didn't lie because 2 days ago they did have the flavor she wanted. What does she expect she went 2 days after she made the call.
Obviously she expects the world to stand still until she arrives.

Just think about how dumb the average person is and realize that half the world is dumber than that.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-07-2015, 10:23 PM   #184
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

fuck, I remember so many times I was ready and have to tell off customers at work..
About kkthind: [22-12, 22:55] ts14 hes so white that if he was a cop, he would beat ts14 for beinng surrey
kross9 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-07-2015, 10:49 PM   #185
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
The rage that returns when I think about shitty customers back during the day when I was working at McDonalds. Good thing no matter how mad I was, I wasn't a piece of shit that fucked with your food.

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 01:07 AM   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by kross9 View Post
fuck, I remember so many times I was ready and have to tell off customers at work..
The best is when another customer tells them off for you. Back in the glory days of Cambodian Fire again I had some walnut come in who wanted a hitch for the front of his truck. The problem was we only had listings for rear hitches since hardly anyone wants front ones, and since hitches were special order items you had to pay before we would order it. I tried to explain this all to him and tell him to talk to the specialty truck accessory place in town but the guy was convinced that all hitches are the same and that I could somehow order him one. Finally the customer behind him got tired of this guy going in circles and told him to stop being so stupid and fuck off. To date it's still one of the greatest things I've seen happen in a store.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Quote:
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Old 11-08-2015, 06:08 AM   #187

Thanked 5,474 Times in 2,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
#WomanLogic
Old 11-08-2015, 02:43 PM   #188

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeedee View Post
#WomanLogic
Funny thing is, this happens to be me a lot too. People call in a week or a few days before to ask for appoitments times so I told them when is the earliest one. They call back a few days later and wants that appotiment, well is gone already and they sounded so surprise...... Had to explain to them appoitments are first come first serve if you didn't book it then, too bad so sad. Then they get angry and demanded we give them one or they want to talk to a supervisor. Funny thing is when they got transfer and we play them the call the play days or week ago they were clearly notify that appoitments are first come first serve.
Old 11-08-2015, 03:56 PM   #189
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 14,755 Times in 3,869 Posts
I get that in my place of work a lot (including family members). They call, ask if we have a tire in stock. Then just pop in and expect to get tires installed like. Week later. Bruh, those tires are on sale and literally every German vehicle runs 225/45/17. What do you expect????

Or when a member comes in for some 20" tires and we don't stock them (they are special order) and get mad we don't accommodate that one version of that one vehicle from that one manufacturer.

OR when a BMW x6m buys tires online but only gets the 18's instead of huge ass 335/30/20 or whatever. And they get pissed because online it said 18's would woke (bought cuz they are cheaper than huge 20's) and you have to explain that not every x6 comes with the same tire size yadda yadda yadda.... But we're the ones in the wrong. Faaaack offfffff
Old 11-08-2015, 04:19 PM   #190
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
OR when a BMW x6m buys tires online but only gets the 18's instead of huge ass 335/30/20 or whatever. And they get pissed because online it said 18's would woke (bought cuz they are cheaper than huge 20's) and you have to explain that not every x6 comes with the same tire size yadda yadda yadda.... But we're the ones in the wrong. Faaaack offfffff
LOL what type of idiot buys 18" tires for their 20" rims?!?

JHatta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 04:28 PM   #191
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
Quote:
So this morning my store did a gift card give away where the first 80 customers in line received a gift card between $25 to $1000. (40×$25, 28x $50, 11x$100, 1x $1000)

Spoiler!
all i got from this is that skiiipi was giving out a lot of gift cards and didn't give RS a heads up :P

i demand fair and just compensation!
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-08-2015, 04:49 PM   #192

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
all i got from this is that skiiipi was giving out a lot of gift cards and didn't give RS a heads up :P

i demand fair and just compensation!
Didn't think anybody on RS was in northern Alberta haha.

Anyways had another customer today tell me that he finds it offensive that a none canadian like me is wearing a poppy.....really didn't know what to say to that one.....a) I am canadian b) why can't a none canadian wear a poppy?
This post thanked by:
Old 11-08-2015, 05:05 PM   #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHatta View Post
LOL what type of idiot buys 18" tires for their 20" rims?!?

Cheap people who don't know any better. It's like me buying the wrong needle for a sewing machine because one was cheaper than the other. I have no idea about that shit
Old 11-08-2015, 05:09 PM   #194

Quote:

Anyways had another customer today tell me that he finds it offensive that a none canadian like me is wearing a poppy.....really didn't know what to say to that one.....a) I am canadian b) why can't a none canadian wear a poppy?

it's a NON-Canadian you goddamn immigrant!! Lerns our languige ur git the fack oot of mah cuntry

Spoiler!
Old 11-08-2015, 05:20 PM   #195

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320icar View Post
Cheap people who don't know any better. It's like me buying the wrong needle for a sewing machine because one was cheaper than the other. I have no idea about that shit
That's the thing, you're aware that you don't know and therefore wouldn't go buying stuff willy nilly and then getting mad when it doesn't fit.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 11-08-2015, 09:09 PM   #196
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,309 Times in 1,777 Posts
Quote:

Hate to say it but welcome to Northern Alberta where racism and bigotry is alive and well.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-08-2015, 09:24 PM   #197
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,141 Times in 7,148 Posts
Yuck. The latest federal election really got the Facebook feed into a steaming racist shitpile from a lot of Albertan acquaintances. Sorry you had to deal with that garbage first hand skipii.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-08-2015, 09:37 PM   #198

The best is when the racist shitbaggery is coming from someone who is an immigrant themselves. I had to work with this prick that kept complaining about immigrants who bring over family members with them that don't work, yet he's an immigrant whose fucking wife doesn't work and he only has one kid
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
This post thanked by:
Old 11-08-2015, 09:50 PM   #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
Hate to say it but welcome to Northern Alberta where racism and bigotry is alive and well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
Yuck. The latest federal election really got the Facebook feed into a steaming racist shitpile from a lot of Albertan acquaintances. Sorry you had to deal with that garbage first hand skipii.
Yup there are a lot of racist Albertans. ..but the really racist and ignorant ones I find are people from the maritimes. ..especially Newfies. A lot of times it's not like racisim in a hatred sort of way but rather just ignorant.
Old 11-08-2015, 10:47 PM   #200
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
Don't even get me started on Facebook idiocy during the past election.

Last edited by Jmac; 11-09-2015 at 04:35 AM. Reason: Went overboard with rant
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: