REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Pet Forum

Pet Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Where my dogs at?! In here..
Where pet lovers congregate..

Old 09-23-2015, 10:06 PM   #1
TMT
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Looking for reputable dog vet for senior dog

Hi,

My dog is a 15 year old terrier. Recently hes had a number of serious symptoms. I would like to get a reputable vet's advice before I consider putting my best friend out of misery. I used to go to a vet on 41st and Fraser and have had a number of negative experiences with them. I would not recommend them. I'm located in Vancouver.

Thanks for your time.
Advertisement
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 12:23 AM   #2
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Oh man, the vet on 41st and Fraser is like the worst one in the GVR! Nothing but horror stories from there.

We've starting taking our dog to the 1st Ave. Animal Hospital on 1st and Renfrew. There are some not so glowing reviews from before, but they've changed ownership since the middle of summer. The new owner, Dr. Vinod did an excellent job with our little dog when he was throwing up and having diarrhea. He kept calling us for a few days after we took him home just to check in and see how he was doing.

There are 2 vet techs (1 of them opens and the other one closes) and Dr. Vinod. All 3 of them were easy to talk to and seemed like they genuinely cared for our dog's well-being.

1st Ave Animal Hospital - Veterinarian In Vancouver, BC Canada :: Home
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 05:05 AM   #3
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 2,183 Times in 606 Posts
I've always taken my dogs to metrotown animal hospital on Royal Oak and Rumble (Burnaby). Very knowledgeable Dr. and have never once had an issue there in probably 15 years or so. Parents have been taking my dogs there as long as I can remember
stewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 02:41 PM   #4
not the mod you're looking for

Thanked 1,536 Times in 556 Posts
I take my dog to Companion Animal Hospital in Richmond. In the years I've been visiting them, from neutering, vaccinations and the odd emergency, I have never had a problem. I don't live in Richmond, but their knowledgeable staff and services always have me coming back there.
FN-2199 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2015, 06:45 AM   #5
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
We've found a good vet here in Abby since we moved out here, but we still most of the time drive back into Pitt Meadows to Meadowvale Animal Hospital - Dr. Aman is amazing and really cares about our furbabies.

I know you're in Vancouver and that's probably too far, just wanted to give a shout-out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 11:40 AM   #6
W2K
HELP ME PLS!!!

Our family dog goes to vancouver vetinary hospital on Kingsway and King Ed. Great Drs and staff there. Also that would be close to your old vet place on Fraser and 41st. I've been there and its bad.

Vancouver Veterinary Hospital | Veterinarian Vancouver
W2K is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-04-2015, 11:41 AM   #7
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,160 Times in 7,153 Posts
I go to the SPCA vet at Clark and 6th. Profits go back into the SPCA and I've always found them to be friendly and trustworthy.
My old neighbours had to spend thousands to redo a surgery their dog had that that fraser vet clinic. Can't believe it is still open hearing all the complaints.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 10:09 AM   #8
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by W2K View Post
Our family dog goes to vancouver vetinary hospital on Kingsway and King Ed. Great Drs and staff there. Also that would be close to your old vet place on Fraser and 41st. I've been there and its bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I go to the SPCA vet at Clark and 6th. Profits go back into the SPCA and I've always found them to be friendly and trustworthy.
My old neighbours had to spend thousands to redo a surgery their dog had that that fraser vet clinic. Can't believe it is still open hearing all the complaints.
Have been to both of these, Vancouver vet has good staff but I felt like I was upsold on stuff/gouged a bit compared to SPCA.
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 11:44 AM   #9
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Do not go to the vet on 41st and Fraser! We've also had a bad experience there with our dog and a bad paw surgery.

We go to Steveston Vet (which is no longer in Stevestone) and haven't had a problem there yet.
the_law82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 11:22 PM   #10
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

i bring my dachshund to the vet on kingsway and king ed.

STAY AWAY from fraser and 41st vet
Nvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 08:28 AM   #11
Banned By Establishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
I've always taken my dogs to metrotown animal hospital on Royal Oak and Rumble (Burnaby). Very knowledgeable Dr. and have never once had an issue there in probably 15 years or so. Parents have been taking my dogs there as long as I can remember
We switched from here to Columbia square animal hospital in New West b/c the vets are friendlier to our dog and they have great hours if you work 9-5.
Plus at Metrotown, I didn't like it when I called in asking if I could buy the medication for his ears from scratching but they said no. Said I had to bring him in for a checkup and shots first.
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 12:38 PM   #12
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

Quote:
Originally Posted by W2K View Post

I've tried a few different vets in the Lower Mainland before settling with Vancouver Veterinary Hospital. My personal favourite is Dr. Amy Cheung though. I had a less than average experience with another vet there before on my first visit and almost decided to switch, but a few friends recommended Amy. :P
Exc3L is offline   Reply With Quote