REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 10-05-2015, 09:41 AM   #1
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Am I going about warranty wrong? 2015 mustang GT

So need my car to get fixed for some problems that should be covered under warranty.
  • Screeching brakes if car hasn't been driven in a couple of hours (only the first 30 seconds or driving or so) - there's a TSB on this.
  • Markings under clearcoat of the spoiler.
  • Misaligned panels
  • Rattling dashboard

A lot of the ford dealerships don't have a body shop and say I need to find a ford dealership with one. Is that true? I thought I'd just bring in the car, they'd see what's wrong with and what would/wouldn't be covered under warranty, and then fix it themselves or outsource someone else to fix it. But still covered under warranty.

Also no courtesy car at the dealership....
Advertisement
clevernickname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 10:18 AM   #2
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Even the dealership you bought it from wont help you out?
Did you try Coastal Ford in Burnaby? They are really good when it comes to warranty things but i think it all depends where you bought it and have gotten it serviced.
VR6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 10:35 AM   #3
F**K YOUR HEAD

Thanked 8,153 Times in 1,251 Posts
My car is being fixed under warranty by Brown Bros. driving around in a courtesy car right now, where'd you get it from?
ilvtofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 10:37 AM   #4
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

if it's not too far out of the way I believe cam clark ford in the north van auto mall has a body shop, but unsure about courtesy car.

1988 Toyota Supra - Mia
1990 Toyota Supra - Letty
1998 Toyota Aristo - Gisele (sold)
88SupraT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 10:46 AM   #5
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,595 Times in 922 Posts
Try ocean park ford for warranty repairs. They've been awesome for any random issues I've had with my f150.

Dams ford in Surrey has their own body shop.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-05-2015, 10:52 AM   #6
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Most cars come with 3 years bumper-to-bumper warranty and 5 years drive-train warranty. However, those warranties do not cover "consumable" parts, such as brake rotors and pads. You said there was a TSB on the brake issue. So the service department should at the very least take a look if it's applicable to your car. The rest of your concern points should be covered under warranty.
Reeyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 11:27 AM   #7

I bought it at dams Ford and Lincoln but live near ubc. So wanted somewhere closer. Brown Bros highly recommended i go to the Langley One. Not to theirs..

Coastal Ford Vancouver said they'd take a look but they might only be able to do brakes. Going there today
Old 10-05-2015, 05:04 PM   #8
My homepage has been set to RS

How can they choose to not perform warranty repairs. Aren't they obligated to if the vehicle has warranty?
Iron Chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 07:40 PM   #9

they worded it very carefully. they just kept recomennding i go back to original dealership. but i think you're right they do have to.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:59 PM   #10
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,112 Times in 264 Posts
Ford will try their hardest NOT to fix your car.

If you bring it to one dealership and they don't fix it properly and then you try another dealership, as soon as they run your VIN they say you have to go back the 1st dealership that worked on your car.

Ask me how I know
Volvo-brickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 10:52 AM   #11

Really?....

The coastal ford vancouver one called me back (left my car there) saying they'd take care of the brakes, but couldn't recreate the rattling in the dash (which I can actually believe).

But..his boss said they don't have a body shop and don't outsource it so I'll have to take it to a ford dealership that has one, which I believe is just the north shore.
Old 10-07-2015, 02:40 PM   #12
VLS Head Mod

Your car is brand new and is 4 years no matter what.
Cam Clark has a bodyshop, (behind where you go for Service) however watch them there- they're VERY shady.

They don't really have loaners- but the bodyshop can borrow from the Service Department or sales. Ask them to rent it for you as they have a relationship with Enterprise and rent cars.

If they tell you that you have to go to the dealership you bought it from call them on their bluff- you can go to ANY dealership in North America is it's Warranty related. If they insist as for their name as you're going to Ford Canada.
REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-07-2015, 03:51 PM   #13
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
The brakes and dash noise are all the dealers with no bodyshop can take care of unless they are willing to sublet the work to a bodyshop. But given that there are number for Ford bodyshops they will want to keep it in Fords hands in the event anything happened you are still covered by there warranty.
If sublet it can become a mess if anything is an issue later on.

07-17 G37 RWD Coupe Coilovers FOR SALE BRAND NEW
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 09:25 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucywoman View Post
Your car is brand new and is 4 years no matter what.
Cam Clark has a bodyshop, (behind where you go for Service) however watch them there- they're VERY shady.

They don't really have loaners- but the bodyshop can borrow from the Service Department or sales. Ask them to rent it for you as they have a relationship with Enterprise and rent cars.

If they tell you that you have to go to the dealership you bought it from call them on their bluff- you can go to ANY dealership in North America is it's Warranty related. If they insist as for their name as you're going to Ford Canada.
Lol you're making me worried. How are they shady there? I might have to bring the car there.

Just got car back though, brakes all fixed
Old 10-13-2015, 11:45 AM   #15
VLS Head Mod

the service manager is just shady in the way he operates. The technicians are great, but some of the staff not so much.
I use to work there

Glad you're all fixed up though
REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 01:08 PM   #16
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevernickname View Post
I bought it at dams Ford and Lincoln but live near ubc. So wanted somewhere closer. Brown Bros highly recommended i go to the Langley One. Not to theirs..

are you sure about the courtesy car? if it's warranty related ford might cover you, but if it is for tsb or maintenance they won't. having said that, brown bros does give out service loaners for free if the work is in house, but that cost is built into their service cost i think.

Coastal Ford Vancouver said they'd take a look but they might only be able to do brakes. Going there today
i know distance sucks, but ultimately you need to decide based up the quality of work, not convenience.

for paint, don't go to key west. i know this from experience

brown bros sends most of their stuff to penney autobody, which can be hit and miss depending on what needs to be done.

i am going to try ocean park soon. there is a discount rental agency just next door. it's a long trip for me but if that's how far it takes to get good results then so be it, and i live just minutes from coastal. i've asked two ford indie shops and they both said to go there.
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds

Last edited by thumper; 10-13-2015 at 01:15 PM.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote