REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-08-2015, 05:21 PM   #51
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,295 Times in 2,509 Posts
I don't blame the baller 2nd gen all that much (OK, that means I still do, but only a bit) -- I just don't really understand. I mean, a lot of these guys do school / grow up here too, be it elementary, secondary, or college / university. When they are going through all that, certainly they have to have met someone that leaves a (positive) impression on them without having any money involved, right? Especially when I was younger (say, up to some time in university), I've always come across people that impress me one way or another -- be it their wit, their quick thinking, their good manners, their skills in certain / various things, the way they interact / work with people, etc. And then I think about those experiences and see how I can borrow ideas to improve myself. Even when you are a cocky little bastard -- I certainly was one when I was a kid -- sooner or later, you are gonna get your a$$ whooped somehow in some sort of aspect (school, sports, personality, whatever), and you'd want to figure out why, wouldn't you?

Or maybe that is just my thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
People should not put all the blame on these baller second generation rich kids from China. I think that it's a combination of Chinese government policy and the poor parenting skills of many of these rich Chinese parents that made these kids into attention whore, insecure kids, with a great sense of entitlement.
My understanding with China's one child policy is, back in the day when it was first introduced, the rules are probably quite strict. For the kids that are born in the 90's though, the situation has pretty much shifted to a state where if your family has the money, power, and/or connections, you are going to be able to find ways to get around that 1 child limit. So I would say your remarks are certainly true for the middle class or even upper middle class, but for the ballers that we are talking about here, they wouldn't really be the only child anymore.
Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, I think that that the Chinese government has laws in place which put strict controls on the size of a couple's family. The "one child" policy. The result is that you have many families with have only one child.

This child is the only hope, the future of this family's line of descendants. This only child is very valuable in the eyes of the kids. If the only child is a son, then his importance to the parents increases because he carries on the family's name. These rich parents treat these kids like "little princes" and "little princesses" by buying them almost anything that they want in order to make their child happy.

As a result, these kids become spoiled kids with a sense of entitlement. Their sense of worth is based on what their parents give them, not based on what they do or achieve with their own hard work, skill, or resources. These kids can become insecure also because they do not have that tight family network of siblings to support and care for them. They make friends with other rich kids, who are also spoiled, attention getting whores in order to have a sense of worth.

Your thoughts?
Advertisement
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 11:00 PM   #52
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,161 Times in 301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
Even when you are a cocky little bastard -- I certainly was one when I was a kid -- sooner or later, you are gonna get your a$$ whooped somehow in some sort of aspect (school, sports, personality, whatever), and you'd want to figure out why, wouldn't you?
But thats the thing though. Even if they are getting their ass whooped in some way, they'll shrug it off and not learn anything from it because of they don't see it as a major setback. If they fail a class because too busy going out/partying, they'll just pay to go to Alexander College or Coquitlam College for easy credits. If they get their car impounded because of speeding, they'll just pay off the fine. I know this Chinese international student who got his license taken away for driving drunk and hitting a parked car back in China and he was traumatized for a little while. When he felt okay to drive (after a year moving to Van) his parents just mailed him a fake Chinese license so he can buy a car here without going through icbc. If your parents foster a culture where money can solve all problems they'll never ever learn, and they don't need to.
Galactic_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 11:21 PM   #53
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
u guys spend 3 pages figuring out why they act like they way they do lol.

young people + power = flashy.

a young kid gets a nice car in HS, what the fuck u expect to happen. LOL.

it's as simple as that. lol.

instead of analysing it the way you guys do, look at it this way:

the bigger the money gets, the human attached to it changes in predictable ways. we could plot it on a bell curve lol.

money is the constant here, the human is the accessory to the money.

the life force of the body (economy), is oxygen (money), and it is carried by the red blood cells (humans). The blood cells change depending on how much oxygen it carries.

blood cells are hungry for oxygen baby. if a cell is deemed unfit, other cells will cannibalize it and redistribute the resources.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-09-2015, 03:51 PM   #54
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
If i drove a lambo in high school / uni you bet your tits i'll be flashing it off
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-11-2015, 06:06 PM   #55
I subscribe to Revscene

I saw a young Asian kid driving an orange P1 a month ago near braid station. Maybe it was the same kid
DC5-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 11:38 AM   #56
Banned (ABWS)

I felt so happy for the death of that china boi. More of them should die. One is just not enough. Bois from china cant drive for shit. They all should be burnt to hell.
Vtec4life is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-13-2015, 11:44 AM   #57
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,207 Times in 432 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vtec4life View Post
I felt so happy for the death of that china boi. More of them should die. One is just not enough. Bois from china cant drive for shit. They all should be burnt to hell.
you're on a roll with the china hate
dachinesedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 03:22 PM   #58
they call me the snowman

Thanked 3,993 Times in 1,374 Posts
And, you're gone.

You can have an opinion, but let's not forget the Geneva convention. In other words, don't be an ignorant newbie douche.
originalhypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 05:29 PM   #59
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 7,109 Times in 1,264 Posts

jasonturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: