REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-07-2015, 10:32 AM   #1
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,161 Times in 301 Posts
Cocky Mainlander kidnapped/murdered

http://globalnews.ca/news/2260570/2-...sed-from-jail/
Quote:
Four people have been arrested in connection to a homicide in North Vancouver. They appeared in court on Friday, Oct. 2, but their case has now been put over until Monday, Oct. 5. They remain in custody, and left the courthouse on Friday in a vehicle with red consular plates.

The accused were arrested after a body was found in a car on Sept. 29, just after 3 a.m. in an area near Wellington Avenue.

Police were responding to reports of an alleged kidnapping, and eventually found the victim deceased.

Investigators believe it was a targeted attack, and a source told Global News it was a kidnapping that went awry.

The victim was being held for $200,000 – but when the money was procured, it allegedly wasn’t enough. The source says he then tried to escape, but died in the process.

Twenty three-year old Tian Zhang and 21-year-old Casey Hiscoe are charged with kidnapping and indignity to a body. Twenty-year-old Dyllan Green and 18-year-old Jacob Gorelik have been charged with indignity to a body.

None of them have been charged with murder, and the victim’s identity has not been released “for investigative reasons”, according to the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team (IHIT).

“At this point there has been a great deal of speculation regarding the circumstances of this investigation,” said Sgt. Stephanie Ashton with IHIT. “In an effort to protect the integrity of this investigation, there is limited information available.”

Three cars were towed from the scene on Tuesday – a white Bentley, a black BMW SUV and a black Chevy Malibu. IHIT will not say if the victim was shot.

Neighbours say they did not hear any gunshots.
http://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=MzA5...installed=0#rd
Quote:
事情起源是不久前,来自中国一个大城市的富二代留学生孙平与另一名驾驶20多万元McLaren超级跑车的 华裔友人一同参加一个大型派对,但这名友人的态度嚣张,当场得罪一批本地土生华裔的“道上兄弟”。这名友人 在派对中遭人毒打,所驾驶的McLaren超级跑车也遭破坏。

富二代驾驶的同款McLaren跑车

事隔数日,孙平独自前往北温参加饭局,就被掳走了,人间蒸发了。。。

据悉,孙平当时银行帐户内有数十万元,绑匪要求孙平将所有钱取出便可放行,但孙平没有付款并在两日后试图逃 跑未成功,惨被杀害。
In the Chinese article it says the victim supposedly had a McLaren and was cocky as fuck in a party so he got shitkicked and had his car vandalized. Couple days later he got held up after dinner and was extorted for (unclear)hundreds of thousands of dollars, according to global it was for $200,000. He apparently didn't give them the money and tried to run away somewhere unsuccessfully and eventually got killed
Advertisement
Galactic_Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 11:05 AM   #2
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Wow, that's fucked up.
Reeyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 11:14 AM   #3
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts
I believe one of the accused stabbed someone at the Denny's on SW Marine drive a couple years ago.

Edit:

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/01...n_2413541.html

Last edited by Harvey Specter; 10-07-2015 at 12:09 PM.
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 11:30 AM   #4
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,306 Times in 5,629 Posts
Few more stories like this and maybe house prices will drop
Old 10-07-2015, 12:16 PM   #5
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thanked 1,820 Times in 501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Few more stories like this and maybe house prices will drop
It was only a matter of time.

Did anyone really think that all that corrupt China money (and the people holding it) flowing in over the past decade wouldn't come with any of the violent drama attached to it?
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 12:23 PM   #6
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,283 Times in 2,503 Posts
^^ IMO, the drama is only there because these idiot fuerdais don't have a clue in how to properly behave / conduct themselves. People don't generally hate the rich for the sake of hating the rich; they only hate them because they are cocky and snobbish. Had they known how to fly under the radar, or at least, know how to treat people nicely / with respect, they would easily become one of the most popular people around.
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 12:26 PM   #7

Yea actually quite surprising it doesn't happen more often. I think if the young money was as prevalent as it is today 6-8 years ago it probably would have happened more

You're a 110 pound 5 foot nothing leaving a bubble Tea place at 1am driving a $500,000 lambo, pretty easy target.

Pick em up, we got one question for you, who can get us X amount of cash NOW, tell person the second there's a cop or suspected cop involved you're dead. Get cash, carry on
Old 10-07-2015, 12:39 PM   #8
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,842 Times in 879 Posts
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 12:39 PM   #9
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Hiscoe was apparently attacked by five other inmates at the North Fraser Pretrial Centre Monday morning.
already making friends in the big haus
dat_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 01:03 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Yea actually quite surprising it doesn't happen more often. I think if the young money was as prevalent as it is today 6-8 years ago it probably would have happened more

You're a 110 pound 5 foot nothing leaving a bubble Tea place at 1am driving a $500,000 lambo, pretty easy target.

Pick em up, we got one question for you, who can get us X amount of cash NOW, tell person the second there's a cop or suspected cop involved you're dead. Get cash, carry on
But than again you have no clue who that kid is and what his parents are involved in. If you got that sort of illegal money been funneled into Canada, surely you have muscle behind you.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-07-2015, 01:16 PM   #11
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
But than again you have no clue who that kid is and what his parents are involved in. If you got that sort of illegal money been funneled into Canada, surely you have muscle behind you.
I wouldn't call it "muscle", but more like they have the money to pay the right people to do what needs to be done. I doubt there is any loyalty or hook ups at all. I had a friend/client tell me that they would pay various people to carry $50k cash through customs undeclared. Those who got caught, oh well. Those that made it through get compensation.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-07-2015, 01:20 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
Yea, although the type of people are are willing to kidnap/kill somone probably isn't too scared of retribution, just desperate as fuck. Would be hard to track down just random people as wel regardless of who ya know
Old 10-07-2015, 01:47 PM   #13
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,341 Times in 557 Posts
"Chinaman" is a pretty racist term....... sure OP meant nothing by it but jus sayin'
PiuYi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 10-07-2015, 01:58 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat_steve View Post
already making friends in the big haus
"the booty house"
Infiniti is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-07-2015, 02:03 PM   #15
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,483 Times in 1,683 Posts
Yeah, that's definitely using a derogatory term to refer to people of Chinese descent.

I hope those guys get charged with first degree murder for what they did to that guy.

It is insane what people will do for the love of money. Unreal.
Old 10-07-2015, 02:07 PM   #16

Thanked 7,355 Times in 1,044 Posts
The guys body was found in a newer Bentley Conti GT. Probably his second or third car.
boostfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 02:22 PM   #17
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
There are lot's of rich people here. The difference between Mainland china rich people and the North American/Europe rich is that Chinese have to prove they are rich. They have to buy brand name items, lavish spend it in your face. Oh and they get cocky about it. But they aren't really really rich.

The super rich dude doesn't show they have money. They drive a regular car, wear regular clothes. Look at Bill Gates, the guy who owns Ikea. If they walk next to you, you wouldn't be able to tell they are billionares. The more you stand out the more you become a target.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 02:27 PM   #18

It boils down to new money vs. old money.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-07-2015, 02:36 PM   #19
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

Excuse me if I sound ignorant, but I'm genuinely interested in how three white kids end up kidnapping a rich mainlander? I looked at some of the accused' social media profiles, and I wouldn't really expect them to run with that crowd, unless there is a lot more to it (jail cover) which there most likely is.
bumsuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 02:38 PM   #20
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts
Fly under the radar. New aged rich kids are attention whores. OG rich people don't want attention.

There's also a huge difference on how the money was acquired and how people value it that changes the attitudes towards it. Kid given massive amounts of money? Attention whore. Warren Buffet who has to risk a lot to earn a lot? Lives in a modest house.

Speaking of Ikea founder, he fucking walked to a meeting in a suit in sweltering heat and eats out of the Ikea cafeteria.

1.99 for 8 swedish meatballs anyone?
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 02:39 PM   #21

That's what I don't understand -- why can't the majority of these fuerdais understand the importance of flying under the radar? Does everything have to be a pxnis size contest? Do they have severe insecurity / self confidence issues?

If you already have the moolah, you can already all the fancy cars you want, dine at all the fancy restaurants, bang all the hot chicks you meet, etc. Why do you even need to show or prove to anyone that you are loaded?

There are certainly fuerdais who are not like that -- I have met a few in the past -- some are very classy and intelligent folks who are clearly out of my league; some are fine, regular folks that are kind of like myself -- except that they are significantly more loaded than I can every imagine myself to be. But they are definitely in the minority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
There are lot's of rich people here. The difference between Mainland china rich people and the North American/Europe rich is that Chinese have to prove they are rich. They have to buy brand name items, lavish spend it in your face. Oh and they get cocky about it. But they aren't really really rich.

The super rich dude doesn't show they have money. They drive a regular car, wear regular clothes. Look at Bill Gates, the guy who owns Ikea. If they walk next to you, you wouldn't be able to tell they are billionares. The more you stand out the more you become a target.
This post thanked by:
Old 10-07-2015, 02:41 PM   #22
ZN6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumsuck View Post
Excuse me if I sound ignorant, but I'm genuinely interested in how three white kids end up kidnapping a rich mainlander? I looked at some of the accused' social media profiles, and I wouldn't really expect them to run with that crowd, unless there is a lot more to it, which there most likely is.
The rich kid probably clubs every day where the perps probably also hung out. It's not that hard to track the kid given that he's in a pretty unique car and is probably socially networked and posts all his misadventures on facebook.
Old 10-07-2015, 02:42 PM   #23
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,543 Times in 840 Posts
Shits messed up but surprised it doesn't happen more.

Why rob a drunk guy downtown for a hundred bucks when you can rob a fob?

Not that these acts are OK or acceptable but shit, just sayin'
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 02:44 PM   #24
ZN6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
That's what I don't understand -- why can't the majority of these fuerdais understand the importance of flying under the radar? Does everything have to be a pxnis size contest? Do they have severe insecurity / self confidence issues?

If you already have the moolah, you can already all the fancy cars you want, dine at all the fancy restaurants, bang all the hot chicks you meet, etc. Why do you even need to show or prove to anyone that you are loaded?

There are certainly fuerdais who are not like that -- I have met a few in the past -- some are very classy and intelligent folks who are clearly out of my league; some are fine, regular folks that are kind of like myself -- except that they are significantly more loaded than I can every imagine myself to be. But they are definitely in the minority.

My dad's oldschool; when he has to pay for something, he whips out a wad of cash. I tell him one day he will get mugged when he gets older and the world as he knows it is fucking long as fuck gone and it's no longer safe to carry around large sums of cash. It's ingrained into Chinese thinking that you have to flaunt your shit.

In a sense, I understand why the kid was a cocky bitch.
Old 10-07-2015, 03:01 PM   #25

The old folks I can understand -- old habits are hard to kick, and old thinking is deeply ingrained. But I am mostly talking about the younger gen here -- the fuerdais (rich 2nd gen). These kids might only hang out in their own little worlds and circles, but they are still schooled in here and at least have to interact with the rest of the society when they go out to chill and stuff, right? How can they be so out of touch with the what the rest of society is doing?

We are only talking about basic manners and socially acceptable behaviour here, not rocket science.