REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 10-07-2015, 03:29 PM   #26
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 7,170 Times in 2,403 Posts
When I was 8 my mom would only buy my shoes from Payless for fear of me getting beat up for some name-brand shoes... how far we've come.
Advertisement
2010 Toyota Rav4 Limited V6 - Wifey's Daily Driver
2009 BMW 128i - Daily Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Sold
1999 Mazda Miata - Sold
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
sonick is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-07-2015, 03:39 PM   #27
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,582 Times in 4,317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
That's what I don't understand -- why can't the majority of these fuerdais understand the importance of flying under the radar? Does everything have to be a pxnis size contest? Do they have severe insecurity / self confidence issues?

If you already have the moolah, you can already all the fancy cars you want, dine at all the fancy restaurants, bang all the hot chicks you meet, etc. Why do you even need to show or prove to anyone that you are loaded?

There are certainly fuerdais who are not like that -- I have met a few in the past -- some are very classy and intelligent folks who are clearly out of my league; some are fine, regular folks that are kind of like myself -- except that they are significantly more loaded than I can every imagine myself to be. But they are definitely in the minority.
1. Insecurity

2. Money doesn't buy class (or taste)

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-07-2015, 04:57 PM   #28
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
there were chinese embasssy officials at the court appearances, plus one of the accused doesn't speak english, so this case peaked my interest. I doubt it's as simple as being cocky to some teens, you don't get kidnapped and murdered for that... your face punched in sure, and it sounds like that happened already

although there have been a lot of kidnappings of rich chinese kids that dont get reported as the families dont want it in the news and some dont even report it to the police....

anyway fucked up
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 05:12 PM   #29
ZN6
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,731 Times in 649 Posts
Quote:
The old folks I can understand -- old habits are hard to kick, and old thinking is deeply ingrained. But I am mostly talking about the younger gen here -- the fuerdais (rich 2nd gen). These kids might only hang out in their own little worlds and circles, but they are still schooled in here and at least have to interact with the rest of the society when they go out to chill and stuff, right? How can they be so out of touch with the what the rest of society is doing?

We are only talking about basic manners and socially acceptable behaviour here, not rocket science.
But then that's the culture that they were brought up in. The kid sees dad flaunting his shit ever since he was little, and picks it up himself thinking it's okay to be a cocky prick flaunting money. Old habits die hard and are easily commuted to the next generation. I'm sure there are folks who say "My dad smoked a pack a day and he's fine".
ZN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 05:34 PM   #30
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
That's what I don't understand -- why can't the majority of these fuerdais understand the importance of flying under the radar? Does everything have to be a pxnis size contest? Do they have severe insecurity / self confidence issues?

If you already have the moolah, you can already all the fancy cars you want, dine at all the fancy restaurants, bang all the hot chicks you meet, etc. Why do you even need to show or prove to anyone that you are loaded?

There are certainly fuerdais who are not like that -- I have met a few in the past -- some are very classy and intelligent folks who are clearly out of my league; some are fine, regular folks that are kind of like myself -- except that they are significantly more loaded than I can every imagine myself to be. But they are definitely in the minority.
They don't want to fly under the radar. They want to show everyone around them that they are richer than everyone else. Coz that's the only want they know how to stay in the center of attention and get friends. Basically they are buying their lack of self esteem, lack of confident, lack of security. Showing off give them a sense of on top of the world.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-07-2015, 05:56 PM   #31
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
They don't want to fly under the radar. They want to show everyone around them that they are richer than everyone else. Coz that's the only want they know how to stay in the center of attention and get friends. Basically they are buying their lack of self esteem, lack of confident, lack of security. Showing off give them a sense of on top of the world.
You mean like almost every rapper, reality star, and Donald Trump?
Old 10-07-2015, 06:07 PM   #32
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,802 Times in 3,898 Posts
feeler: Continental GT for cheap

let me know

Spoiler!
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 06:22 PM   #33
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,288 Times in 2,506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
Pitiful... If attention and friends are what they are after, I am 1000% sure that they can just fly under the radar and still achieve that. After all, most people don't register on the radar, and yet they still manage to have a close network of good, genuine friends.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 07:11 PM   #34
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,060 Times in 1,180 Posts
I found this article about fuerdai pretty interesting - a glimpse into their world: Children of the Yuan Percent: Everyone Hates China?s Rich Kids - Bloomberg Business
Honest to fucking Christ the easiest way to get a married woman in the mood is clean the house and do the laundry.....I've been with the same girl almost 17 years, ask me how I know. - quasi
Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-07-2015, 07:52 PM   #35

I've read that article already prior to Gumby posting it here, and the thing that struck me the most is how incredibly lonely many of these guys feel. The second and third things that struck me are how incredibly clueless they are about what they want to do, and how helpless they feel when it comes to their own destiny.

For all the wealth that they have, I seriously pity them. Of course, they are probably thinking that with my lamea$$ barely survivable month-to-month bank account balance, I am the one that should be pitied too...
Old 10-07-2015, 09:36 PM   #36

Thanked 9,802 Times in 3,898 Posts
no but seriously, what happens to these cars that are related to homicide? Are they auctioned off to importers for overseas? Returned to next of kin after evidence collection? I would assume they retain a clean status?
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 10:21 PM   #37

If the person was found dead in the car's trunk or something, I'd imagine that the car would be retained in police custody as evidence, meaning that it would continue to be held until the case is declared to be over by the police. If the matter is to be taken to the court, I'd imagine it to be held until the court case is finished.

So however long the investigation / litigation takes?
Old 10-07-2015, 10:47 PM   #38
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
lol wait till u actually meet one

i know a super rich chinese kid in china, his dad is part of "ren da" which is government elects regular ppl to help voice out for regular ppl, those spots are normally bought with lots of money as the name makes life easier for them

dudes a generally nice guy, its just that sometimes the things he say is pretty cocky (he once said that he paid for dinner cuz a couple hundred means nothing to him, its just pocket change"

i was guessing maybe it was just the way he was brought up

seriously u would have never guessed he was super rich, 1st time i met the kid he was wearing a regular pair Adidas superstars, jeans & nike t-shirt just like a regular person & everyone else was wearing something little bit more formal

dudes generally a nice guy but its just the way he was bought up makes u go WTF (aka no fuck was given attitude)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-07-2015, 11:24 PM   #39
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Yea actually quite surprising it doesn't happen more often. I think if the young money was as prevalent as it is today 6-8 years ago it probably would have happened more

You're a 110 pound 5 foot nothing leaving a bubble Tea place at 1am driving a $500,000 lambo, pretty easy target.

Pick em up, we got one question for you, who can get us X amount of cash NOW, tell person the second there's a cop or suspected cop involved you're dead. Get cash, carry on
It does, we jsut don't hear about it. or else they wouldnt be buying homes.
meowjinboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 12:07 AM   #40
no

Thanked 6,058 Times in 1,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
no but seriously, what happens to these cars that are related to homicide? Are they auctioned off to importers for overseas? Returned to next of kin after evidence collection? I would assume they retain a clean status?
icbc crushes anything that had a dead body trapped in it. The Bentley won't get auctioned off. I'm not too sure about the other 2 cars though
jpark is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-08-2015, 01:05 AM   #41
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,380 Times in 3,906 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ae101 View Post
lol wait till u actually meet one

i know a super rich chinese kid in china, his dad is part of "ren da" which is government elects regular ppl to help voice out for regular ppl, those spots are normally bought with lots of money as the name makes life easier for them

dudes a generally nice guy, its just that sometimes the things he say is pretty cocky (he once said that he paid for dinner cuz a couple hundred means nothing to him, its just pocket change"

i was guessing maybe it was just the way he was brought up

seriously u would have never guessed he was super rich, 1st time i met the kid he was wearing a regular pair Adidas superstars, jeans & nike t-shirt just like a regular person & everyone else was wearing something little bit more formal

dudes generally a nice guy but its just the way he was bought up makes u go WTF (aka no fuck was given attitude)

a lot of them are extremely nice and humble, nothing like the media portrayals, although, the ones i know are in their mid 30's now... this younger gen may just be a bag of dicks
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 04:11 AM   #42

Thanked 7,448 Times in 1,438 Posts
they might be nice in normal day, but when they go shit mode, here is what they look like
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 09:31 AM   #43
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Few more stories like this and maybe house prices will drop
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-08-2015, 01:05 PM   #44
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,600 Times in 542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpark View Post
icbc crushes anything that had a dead body trapped in it. The Bentley won't get auctioned off. I'm not too sure about the other 2 cars though
Is this official ICBC policy? I ask this because I know of some parents many years back who sold the car their drug dealing son died in during a deal gone bad.
snowball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 02:21 PM   #45
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 3,842 Times in 879 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by asian_XL View Post
they might be nice in normal day, but when they go shit mode, here is what they look like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQchfr5F4Hw
I wouldn't mind her throwing money at me.
EmperorIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 02:35 PM   #46
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,487 Times in 1,686 Posts
Quote:

People should not put all the blame on these baller second generation rich kids from China. I think that it's a combination of Chinese government policy and the poor parenting skills of many of these rich Chinese parents that made these kids into attention whore, insecure kids, with a great sense of entitlement.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I think that that the Chinese government has laws in place which put strict controls on the size of a couple's family. The "one child" policy. The result is that you have many families with have only one child.

This child is the only hope, the future of this family's line of descendants. This only child is very valuable in the eyes of the kids. If the only child is a son, then his importance to the parents increases because he carries on the family's name. These rich parents treat these kids like "little princes" and "little princesses" by buying them almost anything that they want in order to make their child happy.

As a result, these kids become spoiled kids with a sense of entitlement. Their sense of worth is based on what their parents give them, not based on what they do or achieve with their own hard work, skill, or resources. These kids can become insecure also because they do not have that tight family network of siblings to support and care for them. They make friends with other rich kids, who are also spoiled, attention getting whores in order to have a sense of worth.

Your thoughts?
Old 10-08-2015, 02:35 PM   #47
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,308 Times in 1,776 Posts
2 pages and no Gululu?

He's been dropping the ball lately.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 02:41 PM   #48
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pastarocket View Post
People should not put all the blame on these baller second generation rich kids from China. I think that it's a combination of Chinese government policy and the poor parenting skills of many of these rich Chinese parents that made these kids into attention whore, insecure kids, with a great sense of entitlement.
My thoughts are that this is not just an issue with a certain race.
Like someone posted earlier.
You have Paris Hilton.
Kardashian's
Bieber
etc...

Will Smith admitted when he was 18 and made all the money from his records and Fresh Prince sitcom, he went on a spending spree and almost went bankrupt.

Some people who grew up with nothing, tend to continue those frugal ways even though they come into money.
Some people naturally are flashy and when they come upon the money, they want to show it off.

And if you don't believe it, where does the term "keeping up with the Joneses" come from. It's definately not about your neighbours in China.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 02:42 PM   #49
PM me for my nudes

Thanked 3,772 Times in 1,001 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRS View Post
2 pages and no Gululu?

He's been dropping the ball lately.
what if it was him?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
This wouldn't happen if you didn't drive a peasant car like an Audi...
Quote:
[14-05, 14:59] FastAnna You tiny bra wearing, gigantic son of a bitch
[15-05, 10:35] FastAnna Yeah I was dreaming of those big titties in that tiny bra
Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'd probably blow someone for that 911
smoothie. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 04:41 PM   #50
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 5,402 Times in 858 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoothie. View Post
what if it was him?
Can't be. He drives a peasant Audi.