REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Cocky Mainlander kidnapped/murdered (https://www.revscene.net/forums/705717-cocky-mainlander-kidnapped-murdered.html)

Galactic_Phantom 10-07-2015 10:32 AM

Cocky Mainlander kidnapped/murdered

http://globalnews.ca/news/2260570/2-...sed-from-jail/
Quote:

Four people have been arrested in connection to a homicide in North Vancouver. They appeared in court on Friday, Oct. 2, but their case has now been put over until Monday, Oct. 5. They remain in custody, and left the courthouse on Friday in a vehicle with red consular plates.

The accused were arrested after a body was found in a car on Sept. 29, just after 3 a.m. in an area near Wellington Avenue.

Police were responding to reports of an alleged kidnapping, and eventually found the victim deceased.

Investigators believe it was a targeted attack, and a source told Global News it was a kidnapping that went awry.

The victim was being held for $200,000 – but when the money was procured, it allegedly wasn’t enough. The source says he then tried to escape, but died in the process.

Twenty three-year old Tian Zhang and 21-year-old Casey Hiscoe are charged with kidnapping and indignity to a body. Twenty-year-old Dyllan Green and 18-year-old Jacob Gorelik have been charged with indignity to a body.

None of them have been charged with murder, and the victim’s identity has not been released “for investigative reasons”, according to the Integrated Homicide Investigation Team (IHIT).

“At this point there has been a great deal of speculation regarding the circumstances of this investigation,” said Sgt. Stephanie Ashton with IHIT. “In an effort to protect the integrity of this investigation, there is limited information available.”

Three cars were towed from the scene on Tuesday – a white Bentley, a black BMW SUV and a black Chevy Malibu. IHIT will not say if the victim was shot.

Neighbours say they did not hear any gunshots.
http://mp.weixin.qq.com/s?__biz=MzA5...installed=0#rd
Quote:

事情起源是不久前,来自中国一个大城市的富二代留学生孙平与另一名驾驶20多万元McLaren超级跑车的 华裔友人一同参加一个大型派对,但这名友人的态度嚣张,当场得罪一批本地土生华裔的“道上兄弟”。这名友人 在派对中遭人毒打,所驾驶的McLaren超级跑车也遭破坏。

富二代驾驶的同款McLaren跑车

事隔数日,孙平独自前往北温参加饭局,就被掳走了,人间蒸发了。。。

据悉,孙平当时银行帐户内有数十万元,绑匪要求孙平将所有钱取出便可放行,但孙平没有付款并在两日后试图逃 跑未成功,惨被杀害。
In the Chinese article it says the victim supposedly had a McLaren and was cocky as fuck in a party so he got shitkicked and had his car vandalized. Couple days later he got held up after dinner and was extorted for (unclear)hundreds of thousands of dollars, according to global it was for $200,000. He apparently didn't give them the money and tried to run away somewhere unsuccessfully and eventually got killed

Reeyal 10-07-2015 11:05 AM

Wow, that's fucked up.

Harvey Specter 10-07-2015 11:14 AM

I believe one of the accused stabbed someone at the Denny's on SW Marine drive a couple years ago.

Edit:

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2013/01...n_2413541.html

Hondaracer 10-07-2015 11:30 AM

Few more stories like this and maybe house prices will drop

Tone Loc 10-07-2015 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 8687287)
Few more stories like this and maybe house prices will drop

It was only a matter of time.

Did anyone really think that all that corrupt China money (and the people holding it) flowing in over the past decade wouldn't come with any of the violent drama attached to it?

Traum 10-07-2015 12:23 PM

^^ IMO, the drama is only there because these idiot fuerdais don't have a clue in how to properly behave / conduct themselves. People don't generally hate the rich for the sake of hating the rich; they only hate them because they are cocky and snobbish. Had they known how to fly under the radar, or at least, know how to treat people nicely / with respect, they would easily become one of the most popular people around.

Hondaracer 10-07-2015 12:26 PM

Yea actually quite surprising it doesn't happen more often. I think if the young money was as prevalent as it is today 6-8 years ago it probably would have happened more

You're a 110 pound 5 foot nothing leaving a bubble Tea place at 1am driving a $500,000 lambo, pretty easy target.

Pick em up, we got one question for you, who can get us X amount of cash NOW, tell person the second there's a cop or suspected cop involved you're dead. Get cash, carry on

EmperorIS 10-07-2015 12:39 PM

:joy:

dat_steve 10-07-2015 12:39 PM

Quote:

Hiscoe was apparently attacked by five other inmates at the North Fraser Pretrial Centre Monday morning.
already making friends in the big haus

Harvey Specter 10-07-2015 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hondaracer (Post 8687305)
Yea actually quite surprising it doesn't happen more often. I think if the young money was as prevalent as it is today 6-8 years ago it probably would have happened more

You're a 110 pound 5 foot nothing leaving a bubble Tea place at 1am driving a $500,000 lambo, pretty easy target.

Pick em up, we got one question for you, who can get us X amount of cash NOW, tell person the second there's a cop or suspected cop involved you're dead. Get cash, carry on

But than again you have no clue who that kid is and what his parents are involved in. If you got that sort of illegal money been funneled into Canada, surely you have muscle behind you.

white rocket 10-07-2015 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harvey Specter (Post 8687322)
But than again you have no clue who that kid is and what his parents are involved in. If you got that sort of illegal money been funneled into Canada, surely you have muscle behind you.

I wouldn't call it "muscle", but more like they have the money to pay the right people to do what needs to be done. I doubt there is any loyalty or hook ups at all. I had a friend/client tell me that they would pay various people to carry $50k cash through customs undeclared. Those who got caught, oh well. Those that made it through get compensation.

Hondaracer 10-07-2015 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harvey Specter (Post 8687322)

Yea, although the type of people are are willing to kidnap/kill somone probably isn't too scared of retribution, just desperate as fuck. Would be hard to track down just random people as wel regardless of who ya know

PiuYi 10-07-2015 01:47 PM

"Chinaman" is a pretty racist term....... sure OP meant nothing by it but jus sayin'

Infiniti 10-07-2015 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dat_steve (Post 8687315)
already making friends in the big haus

"the booty house"

pastarocket 10-07-2015 02:03 PM

Yeah, that's definitely using a derogatory term to refer to people of Chinese descent.

I hope those guys get charged with first degree murder for what they did to that guy.

It is insane what people will do for the love of money. Unreal.

boostfever 10-07-2015 02:07 PM

The guys body was found in a newer Bentley Conti GT. Probably his second or third car.

Mr.HappySilp 10-07-2015 02:22 PM

There are lot's of rich people here. The difference between Mainland china rich people and the North American/Europe rich is that Chinese have to prove they are rich. They have to buy brand name items, lavish spend it in your face. Oh and they get cocky about it. But they aren't really really rich.

The super rich dude doesn't show they have money. They drive a regular car, wear regular clothes. Look at Bill Gates, the guy who owns Ikea. If they walk next to you, you wouldn't be able to tell they are billionares. The more you stand out the more you become a target.

Harvey Specter 10-07-2015 02:27 PM

It boils down to new money vs. old money.

bumsuck 10-07-2015 02:36 PM

Excuse me if I sound ignorant, but I'm genuinely interested in how three white kids end up kidnapping a rich mainlander? I looked at some of the accused' social media profiles, and I wouldn't really expect them to run with that crowd, unless there is a lot more to it (jail cover) which there most likely is.

ZN6 10-07-2015 02:38 PM

Fly under the radar. New aged rich kids are attention whores. OG rich people don't want attention.

There's also a huge difference on how the money was acquired and how people value it that changes the attitudes towards it. Kid given massive amounts of money? Attention whore. Warren Buffet who has to risk a lot to earn a lot? Lives in a modest house.

Speaking of Ikea founder, he fucking walked to a meeting in a suit in sweltering heat and eats out of the Ikea cafeteria.

1.99 for 8 swedish meatballs anyone?

Traum 10-07-2015 02:39 PM

That's what I don't understand -- why can't the majority of these fuerdais understand the importance of flying under the radar? Does everything have to be a pxnis size contest? Do they have severe insecurity / self confidence issues?

If you already have the moolah, you can already all the fancy cars you want, dine at all the fancy restaurants, bang all the hot chicks you meet, etc. Why do you even need to show or prove to anyone that you are loaded?

There are certainly fuerdais who are not like that -- I have met a few in the past -- some are very classy and intelligent folks who are clearly out of my league; some are fine, regular folks that are kind of like myself -- except that they are significantly more loaded than I can every imagine myself to be. But they are definitely in the minority.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp (Post 8687347)
There are lot's of rich people here. The difference between Mainland china rich people and the North American/Europe rich is that Chinese have to prove they are rich. They have to buy brand name items, lavish spend it in your face. Oh and they get cocky about it. But they aren't really really rich.

The super rich dude doesn't show they have money. They drive a regular car, wear regular clothes. Look at Bill Gates, the guy who owns Ikea. If they walk next to you, you wouldn't be able to tell they are billionares. The more you stand out the more you become a target.

ZN6 10-07-2015 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bumsuck (Post 8687353)
Excuse me if I sound ignorant, but I'm genuinely interested in how three white kids end up kidnapping a rich mainlander? I looked at some of the accused' social media profiles, and I wouldn't really expect them to run with that crowd, unless there is a lot more to it, which there most likely is.

The rich kid probably clubs every day where the perps probably also hung out. It's not that hard to track the kid given that he's in a pretty unique car and is probably socially networked and posts all his misadventures on facebook.

Qmx323 10-07-2015 02:42 PM

Shits messed up but surprised it doesn't happen more.

Why rob a drunk guy downtown for a hundred bucks when you can rob a fob?

Not that these acts are OK or acceptable but shit, just sayin'

ZN6 10-07-2015 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Traum (Post 8687356)
That's what I don't understand -- why can't the majority of these fuerdais understand the importance of flying under the radar? Does everything have to be a pxnis size contest? Do they have severe insecurity / self confidence issues?

If you already have the moolah, you can already all the fancy cars you want, dine at all the fancy restaurants, bang all the hot chicks you meet, etc. Why do you even need to show or prove to anyone that you are loaded?

There are certainly fuerdais who are not like that -- I have met a few in the past -- some are very classy and intelligent folks who are clearly out of my league; some are fine, regular folks that are kind of like myself -- except that they are significantly more loaded than I can every imagine myself to be. But they are definitely in the minority.

My dad's oldschool; when he has to pay for something, he whips out a wad of cash. I tell him one day he will get mugged when he gets older and the world as he knows it is fucking long as fuck gone and it's no longer safe to carry around large sums of cash. It's ingrained into Chinese thinking that you have to flaunt your shit.

In a sense, I understand why the kid was a cocky bitch.

Traum 10-07-2015 03:01 PM

The old folks I can understand -- old habits are hard to kick, and old thinking is deeply ingrained. But I am mostly talking about the younger gen here -- the fuerdais (rich 2nd gen). These kids might only hang out in their own little worlds and circles, but they are still schooled in here and at least have to interact with the rest of the society when they go out to chill and stuff, right? How can they be so out of touch with the what the rest of society is doing?

We are only talking about basic manners and socially acceptable behaviour here, not rocket science.