REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-15-2015, 03:46 PM   #26
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,527 Times in 834 Posts
Spoiler!

Found the engineer

Thanks for this, very educational

Anyone selling a 3rd gen TL SH-AWD in manual?
Advertisement
Qmx323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 03:58 PM   #27
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

The mdx is probably one of acura best sold vehicle.
Old 11-18-2015, 04:23 PM   #28
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
anyone have thoughts on the new 2016 mazda cx9? is it in the same class as a mdx?

"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 11:33 PM   #29
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

mazda is not in the same class as Acura....Mazda is in the same class as Honda though

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
anyone have thoughts on the new 2016 mazda cx9? is it in the same class as a mdx?

Jtseng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 12:36 PM   #30
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post

I would get the MDX over the CX-9 anyday, plus you don't even see too many CX-9 on the road anyways due to its price point
tru_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 06:35 PM   #31
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
there is a sales promo on the mdx/rdx right now. i didn't catch the whole ad all i heard was $1k credit on the rdx and $5k on the mdx for cash purchase, and special lease rates.
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 12:27 AM   #32
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

the new mdx is pretty sweet!
recaro888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 07:53 AM   #33
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Thanked 1,153 Times in 339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tru_blue View Post
I would get the MDX over the CX-9 anyday, plus you don't even see too many CX-9 on the road anyways due to its price point
These aren't the right photos.
This is still the last gen car!

Photos of the incoming model here!
It's quite the looker, and the interior design looks great.
Car and Driver
AstulzerRZD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 11:48 AM   #34
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,644 Times in 2,300 Posts
any thoughts on the 07-2010 RDX? currently in the market for one
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 12:06 PM   #35
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,478 Times in 1,679 Posts
Try unhaggle.com. Once you send your contact information and info. about the MDX or RDX that you are buying, an Acura staff will contact you.

Perhaps you can get a deal from the dealership.
Old 11-30-2015, 12:21 PM   #36
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
any thoughts on the 07-2010 RDX? currently in the market for one
I have a 2012 rdx, same as the 07-10 rdx. love it so far. gas has been pretty good as long as you dont mash on the pedal and spool up the turbo. it gets better gas mileage compared to the wife's rav4 v6. i get 10.4kms/100k according to the dash computer while the rav4 averages about 11.2 according to the dash computer as well. so we tend to use the rdx more on the city. with normal driving it feels like a crv just better on cornerings, just took my rdx to yakima washington last month did great on the highway specially the xm radio.

also put on k&n intake on mine which helped quite a bit with the turbo lag if i had extra cash i'd probably invest on flashpro as well.
Mr.JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-20-2015, 10:10 AM   #37

I just picked up a 2016 MDX recently and its a great car !

Anyone who needs one can pm me so i can give you my salesperson's contact info
Old 12-20-2015, 11:54 AM   #38
I am Hook'd on RS

I had the Mazda CX-9 as a rental car for a few weeks, its a good roomy solid 7-seater! But its not sporty, sure it got some zoom zoom, but it does feels heavy and bulky, its super long too so parking is a challenge, not like an Acura MDX would be. Plus the CX-9 is using a Ford Motor in it, which I don't quite like! The CX-9 is due for an all-new-redesign, so perhaps the next gen will be alot nicer!

I test drove the Acura MDX prev gen, and it was really nice, the 2010+ ones. I have mixed feelings about the all-new MDX, don't know why Honda hid the exhaust pipes on the back. I always thought he MDX was sort of a Sports SUV, and the double-exhaust on the back made it look very aggressive, but now you can't even see them and just see two marker lights instead! hmm...
MuranoGO-15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 12:35 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuranoGO-15 View Post
I had the Mazda CX-9 as a rental car for a few weeks, its a good roomy solid 7-seater! But its not sporty, sure it got some zoom zoom, but it does feels heavy and bulky, its super long too so parking is a challenge, not like an Acura MDX would be. Plus the CX-9 is using a Ford Motor in it, which I don't quite like! The CX-9 is due for an all-new-redesign, so perhaps the next gen will be alot nicer!

I test drove the Acura MDX prev gen, and it was really nice, the 2010+ ones. I have mixed feelings about the all-new MDX, don't know why Honda hid the exhaust pipes on the back. I always thought he MDX was sort of a Sports SUV, and the double-exhaust on the back made it look very aggressive, but now you can't even see them and just see two marker lights instead! hmm...
I went for the 16 MDX because they had alot of new techy safety features and I love the heated steering wheel
Old 12-22-2015, 08:05 AM   #40
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

i have a 2nd gen mdx and currently driving a 2016 mdx for the last week as a loaner car.

it drives much better , steering a little light, and it doesnt feel like a heavy car like the 2nd gen. but , i do not like the center console too much. not too many physical buttons.

my 2nd gen mdx is in the shop so long because they are repairing the SH-AWD. it isnt cheap! and it is one owner dealer maintained.
oldsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 08:31 PM   #41
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru_blue View Post
I went for the 16 MDX because they had alot of new techy safety features and I love the heated steering wheel
You mean the 2nd GEN MDX never had a heated steering wheel?!! I never knew that! Having a heated steering wheel at this time of year is really nice!!! So many times I've gotten into my car with frozen hands to be super relieved by the heated steering wheel, its a God sent!

The 16 MDX is the right choice for you indeed!
Old 12-22-2015, 08:35 PM   #42
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsnail View Post
i have a 2nd gen mdx and currently driving a 2016 mdx for the last week as a loaner car.

it drives much better , steering a little light, and it doesnt feel like a heavy car like the 2nd gen. but , i do not like the center console too much. not too many physical buttons.

my 2nd gen mdx is in the shop so long because they are repairing the SH-AWD. it isnt cheap! and it is one owner dealer maintained.

I never knew the 2nd gen mdx was so heavy! its like one of the heaviest suvs in its class, averaging around 4600lbs for the SH-AWD model! The 3rd GEN AWD is around 4200lbs, a reduction of 400lbs, that is very significant weight reduction while adding more features from Honda!
Old 12-23-2015, 07:37 AM   #43
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Just wanted to add a few things:

The STI has LSD in both the front and rear, while the center differential is a special planetary gearset with a 41:59 split.

"The Driver’s Control Centre Differential (DCCD) allows the centre differential locking of the WRX STI to be dialed in and adjust its handling. It adjusts both an electromagnetic multi-plate transfer clutch and mechanical locking of a Limited Slip Differential (LSD) to distribute torque to the front and rear wheels. Auto Mode identifies the ideal power distribution for changing conditions, whilst Auto [+] keeps more power up front for increased traction. Auto [-] transfers more power to the rear for tighter cornering, and the six-step Manual Mode locks in the driver’s favourite handling characteristics."

If you have an older 2005+ Subaru you have

Variable torque distribution AWD
"An AWD system designed exclusively for 5-speed automatic transmission, E-5AT (with manual mode) models to provide aggressive, sporty driving with increased turning abilities all while retaining the fundamental driving stability offered by the Symmetrical AWD. An uneven 45:55 front and rear torque distribution has been set for the front and rear tyres. Sending greater torque to the rear wheels can reduce understeer, a trait that plagues 4WD vehicles, when cornering for smooth and agile handling. Torque distribution is controlled automatically up to an equal 50:50 front and rear to suit road surface conditions for both sporty driving and stability."
freelunch is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: