REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-20-2015, 03:50 PM   #226
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Yes they have.

Harper made a big deal out of the niqab thing in the election. Trudeau made the expedited admittance of the 25,000 one of his election promises.

Trudeau took a solid majority, and Harper slunk away with his tail between his legs.

Election results > opinion polls. Governments don't operate on opinion polls.
while the liberals may have won the election, they only had 39% of canada's support.

thats the funny thing about politics. they may be the party that was voted in, but almost 2/3rds of the country don't support them.

and before someone says thats just butt hurt talking,the liberals said the same thing in 2011. i cant find the quote but to paraphrase it was something like "more people voted against harper than voted for him, therefore he shouldnt lead the country"
Advertisement
Old 11-20-2015, 04:08 PM   #227
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
How about just pointing out the destruction RADICALISM causes, rather than blaming it on a specific belief system?
it's not radicalism when you're just adhering to the tenets that are set forth in the text

Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-20-2015, 05:35 PM   #228
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
while the liberals may have won the election, they only had 39% of canada's support.

thats the funny thing about politics. they may be the party that was voted in, but almost 2/3rds of the country don't support them.

and before someone says thats just butt hurt talking,the liberals said the same thing in 2011. i cant find the quote but to paraphrase it was something like "more people voted against harper than voted for him, therefore he shouldnt lead the country"
People who couldn't get their asses of the couch to go vote don't count.

And considering how much was the anti-Harper protest vote this time around, the numbers could be even more skewed... EITHER direction. Just because someone didn't vote FOR the Liberals, doesn't mean they were voting against them, and similarly, a vote for may have been made while holding one's nose.

Regardless, this is the way our electoral system works, and like it not, Trudeau was given a resounding majority. Any time a minority government tries to push something unpopular through, the cry of "they don't have a mandate" rings out... well, under our system, this represents a mandate, and that included bringing in 25,000 refugees by year end.

As you say, the anti-Harper brigade trotted out all the same arguments every time he won, but at the end of the day, that was irrelevant as well, because THIS IS HOW IT WORKS.

BTW, remember the Libs also campaigned on changing the FPTP electoral system, which they have a good chance of pulling off... I wonder if all those decrying their majority win with these arguments will be as upset when they actually do change us to a representational system?

The system is only bad when it works for something you don't like...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-20-2015, 05:44 PM   #229
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,777 Times in 8,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Vicious View Post
it's not radicalism when you're just adhering to the tenets that are set forth in the text
Spoiler!
Those numbers are fucking horrifying

Never mind the crazy terrorist maniacs, 90% of Egyptian muslims think you should be killed if you want to leave the religion... fuuuuuuuck that
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2015, 12:45 AM   #230
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
Those numbers are fucking horrifying

Never mind the crazy terrorist maniacs, 90% of Egyptian muslims think you should be killed if you want to leave the religion... fuuuuuuuck that
A question for you two, do you believe the ZioAmerican Empire killed 3000 of its citizens on 911 and blamed Muslim terrorists of these acts?
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-21-2015, 02:57 AM   #231
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
Quote:
These are the 5 pillars of Islam (the tenets)

declare your faith,
pray 5 times a day,
give to the poor,
fast for a month every year,
visit their holy site at least once in your life

oooh scary...

anything outside of that like the 'hadiths' or 'sharia' are just mans attempts at controlling the religion and it's believers, some maliciously, some in attempts to help guide those confused, some for a quick buck

unfortunately people are either ignorant or like to play ignorant and merge everything they see/hear as part of that faith
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-21-2015, 03:02 AM   #232

Quote:
Originally Posted by StylinRed View Post
These are the 5 pillars of Islam (the tenets)

Spoiler!

declare your faith,
pray 5 times a day,
give to the poor,
fast for a month every year,
visit their holy site at least once in your life

oooh scary...

anything outside of that like the 'hadiths' or 'sharia' are just mans attempts at controlling the religion and it's believers, some maliciously, some in attempts to help guide those confused, some for a quick buck

unfortunately people are either ignorant or like to play ignorant and merge everything they see/hear as part of that faith
It doesn't matter where it comes from, what matters is it's there. All religion comes from man, for whatever reason. A man wrote the Quran, for whatever reason.

If 86% of the people in some areas are supporting these 'hadiths' or 'sharia', that's all that matters.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2015, 03:35 AM   #233
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,372 Times in 3,904 Posts
Quote:
It doesn't matter where it comes from, what matters is it's there. All religion comes from man, for whatever reason. A man wrote the Quran, for whatever reason.

If 86% of the people in some areas are supporting these 'hadiths' or 'sharia', that's all that matters.
i was referring to vicious and his use of describing everything he hears as the "tenets of islam"

to argue about the hadiths and sharia is a completely separate matter, they're different in every region, so when you say 80%, 100%, 5% believe in the hadiths or sharia, it's being somewhat disingenuous because of the differences throughout

one region may believe you can get boiled alive for being a rapist in their version of sharia, but the next city/state/tribe/village over they'll believe in something else entirely

the concept of sharia is that it is law which is supposed to use the quran as guidance, much like our laws had used the bible as guidance, it's a framework, and so, as with the West, you'll find differences everywhere

Last edited by StylinRed; 11-21-2015 at 03:58 AM.
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 03:52 AM   #234
I subscribe to Revscene

SkinnyPupp why are you hiding behind your fail towards me? Im trying to gauge your level of mainstream media brainwashing in my last question so that I can understand how someone like yourself can even find the PEW search group as not a ZioAmerican propaganda tool.

A forum is about an exchange of thoughts and ideas... civilized and thoughtful discussion to enlighten the group as a whole... Ive already seen StylinRed's true colours as to my signature... but I wonder why you would ignore my question which digs deep into the source of "islamic terrorism" and will probably keep spamming the forum with your skewed view of how the world works.
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 04:29 AM   #235
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,538 Times in 1,502 Posts
I now know why they rewrote the bible...

Are they ever gonna rewrite the koran. the new testament.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 09:10 AM   #236
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
I don't know much about Islam and I don't paint everybody with the same brush but this popped up on my news feed and I'm curious.

Can somebody elaborate? Is this like a spinoff from traditional Islam? Or how does it work

Cadillac CTS (Current)
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2015, 10:11 AM   #237

Hacker collective Anonymous claims ISIS has plans for more attacks on Sunday
Old 11-21-2015, 10:25 AM   #238
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
so the WWE event is still a go. I would be surprised if i saw anyone there watching..... okay not really it's the USA

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 10:44 AM   #239

Quote:
The FBI is aware of reports of an alleged threat that includes an Atlanta, Georgia venue and event. While we take all threats seriously, we do not have specific or credible information of an attack at this time. We have, however, made the proper notifications as we continue to work closely with our law enforcement and private sector partners to keep our community safe."
FBI: Officials taking report about ISIS threat seriously in Atlan | www.wsbtv.com
Old 11-21-2015, 10:57 AM   #240
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,357 Times in 3,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hchang View Post
I don't know much about Islam and I don't paint everybody with the same brush but this popped up on my news feed and I'm curious.

Can somebody elaborate? Is this like a spinoff from traditional Islam? Or how does it work

The Christan Bible:

After the first list I posted most of RS would be dead.
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-21-2015, 12:53 PM   #241
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
The Christan Bible:

After the first list I posted most of RS would be dead.
those are old testaments,
new testaments aren't as brutal
Fafine is online now   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-21-2015, 06:05 PM   #242
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
"The fact that one must ignore a great majority of their religious doctrine in order NOT to be identified as a crazed religious zealot is quite telling!"
Old 11-21-2015, 06:08 PM   #243

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
"The fact that one must ignore a great majority of their religious doctrine in order NOT to be identified as a crazed religious zealot is quite telling!"
86% of them in Egypt think you should die if you leave the religion. That is not some obscure bible quote, that is a direct answer to a poll question.
Old 11-21-2015, 07:05 PM   #244
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fafine View Post
those are old testaments,
new testaments aren't as brutal
Quite the opposite, in fact.

Matthew 5:
38 You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ 39 But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. 40 And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. 41 If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. 42 Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

43 You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-22-2015, 10:19 AM   #245
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
86% of them in Egypt think you should die if you leave the religion. That is not some obscure bible quote, that is a direct answer to a poll question.
it's hilarious you actually believe those numbers
iwantaskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-22-2015, 10:27 AM   #246
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,239 Times in 5,600 Posts
This thread has jumped the shark
Old 11-22-2015, 10:38 AM   #247
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:

Spoiler!
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
Yah it actually is funny how many ppl here don't understand how surveys work and are trying to argue points based on those numbers.
van_city23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-22-2015, 03:06 PM   #248
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:

The funny thing about statistics is that they don't always tell the whole story. Here's the actual report that those graphics came from.

http://www.pewforum.org/files/2013/0...ull-report.pdf

Some interesting quotes from it:
Quote:
Overwhelming percentages of Muslims in many countries want Islamic law(sharia) to be the official law of the land, according to a worldwide survey by the Pew Research Center. But many supporters of sharia say it should apply only to their country’s Muslim population.

Moreover, Muslims are not equally comfortable with all aspects of sharia: While most favor using religious law in family and property disputes, fewer support the application of severe punishments –such as whippings or cutting off hands – in criminal cases. The survey also shows that Muslims differ widely in how they interpret certain aspects of sharia, including whether divorce and family planning are morally acceptable
Quote:
Tunisia’s legal framework is, in key respects, the opposite of Lebanon’s: The Tunisian Constitution favors Islam over other religions, but religious courts, which once governed family law, were abolished in 1956. Perhaps reflecting this history, more than half of Tunisian Muslims (56%) want sharia to be the official law of the land, but a minority (42%) says religious courts should oversee family and property law.

Turkey’s evolution in the early 20th century included sweeping legal reforms resulting in a secular constitution and legal framework. As part of these changes, traditional sharia courts were eliminated in the 1920s. Today, only minorities of Turkish Muslims back enshrining sharia as official law (12%) or letting religious judges decide family and property disputes (14%).
It gets even more interesting when you hit up the extremism and suicide bombers section.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 03:23 PM   #249

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantaskyline View Post
Care to refute them?
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-22-2015, 03:46 PM   #250
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,219 Times in 1,961 Posts
Since the Paris attacks, we've seen Mosques set on fire, Muslim people attacked on the streets and we even saw a Hindu temple set on fire.

Now we segue to this...

Philly Pizza Shop Owner Calls 911 After He Says He Was Profiled on Flight Home | NBC Chicago

It doesn't matter how many facts you throw at people. Their brains are just too greased up with their own stupidity that the truth will always remain buried among the sea of lies that carries to the next generation.

There's learning history (through a school textbook) and learning history (through multiple sources of unbiased origin). With social media being a playground for people who may as well have been interbred, bullshit = truth and truth = tinfoil hat time. It's scary to see how many people can be manipulated so easily especially in an age where information is literally at our fingertips.

I wish I was cat so I, too, had the power to manipulate stupid people.
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote