REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-13-2015, 06:14 PM   #51
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,252 Times in 1,965 Posts
Can someone please explain to me how the phrase 'pray for peace' has any merit or validity?

Has it ever worked? Did it work 5000 years ago? 500 years ago? 50 years ago? 5 years ago?

It seems like the ones who constantly spout it are the ones who live miles and miles and miles away from any conflict zone. Is it just some sort of psychological 'high' by feeling that you're a part of the moral fabric that supposedly weaves us all together?

Just seems like such a cop out to me. Can you imagine if prayer was a non-existent concept and people, instead, just used productive means to help out the suffering? Whether it's donation or on-field volunteering all the way up to assisting in the capture and probable execution of the terrorist shits.

Anyway,

RIP to all the victims. Nobody deserves to go out this way. I'm really interested in the investigation results. The Middle East has become nothing more than an outhouse. Turds fighting over who can swirl to the bottom first...
Advertisement
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-13-2015, 06:55 PM   #52
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Western countries are always the first to condemn china when we punish muslim terrorists. now u will see how bad these terrorists really are. Islam is backwards and must be stopped immediately. now more muslims including the extremists coming to canada than atheists asians. Trudeau wants even more of these people here, thats just fucked up.

Gululu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-13-2015, 07:11 PM   #53
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,831 Times in 587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
Serious question: Why are we blaming Syria for this? Sure, there are Syrians that have been recruited into ISIS, but that's not the only country where fighters are from. Britain, France, USA... hell, there last year there was someone who went to the university here in Kamloops who went over seas to fight for ISIS (and, yes, he was Canadian born). To condemn the entire Muslim population to a terrorist stereotype is asinine, incorrect and just plain wrong. Sure, a tiny fraction of people seeking asylum might be hidden terrorists, but the VAST majority are people looking to escape persecution and terrorism themselves.
"The terrorists shouted 'Allah Akbar' and 'this is for Syria' as they burst in and opened fire, witnesses have said"

This will scare the crap out of people who are supporters of having them come here. Its also the reason why so many are against muslims despite every single one of them that I know and have meet have been nothing but kind.

The answer to the question is fear. Fear of something like this happening again and its amplified by the actions of those today. Fear of what it may cost. Fear of the unknown.

With whats going on now it only adds to the fear that they may have and drive more people to not want them here.

07-17 G37 RWD Coupe Coilovers FOR SALE BRAND NEW

Last edited by BoostedBB6; 11-13-2015 at 09:54 PM.
BoostedBB6 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-13-2015, 07:26 PM   #54
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 1,776 Times in 444 Posts
Honest question, for all of you guys that have advocated for relaxed refugee controls and so on and so forth, have you ever lived in a warzone? Have you ever lived in a place where you left home and didn't know if you'd be alive at the end of the day? Have you ever been through situations like these:

Because if you haven't, you're scarily naive about how pervasive certain groups are in these countries. I think that the current policy in Europe is extremely misguided, and opens them up to attacks like these. You can't assume bad guys won't take advantage of the opportunity. The naivité is stunning.

http://www.e38registry.org/
Mr.C is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-13-2015, 07:32 PM   #55
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,319 Times in 5,638 Posts
Taking in refugees In the current state is NOT like the Korean War, Vietnam, Yugoslavia, etc

It is night and day compared to the past conflicts people compare this to.
Old 11-13-2015, 07:34 PM   #56
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
I stopped reading after Mr. Chin's post on the first page, the usual people on here will likely have their strong and intellectual points, and the dumbasses will say the same stupid shit they always say.

I have nothing to add to any of that discussion.

What I do have to add is my condolences to anyone who may know someone, or those affected by this. Such a saddening and senseless act of violence, if the party responsible seriously did this in relation to the Syrian refugee crisis they have definitely done their cause much, much, much more harm than good.

So troubling to see so many young people hurt, injured or killed by these extremists. The death of a child is the death of infinite possibility. There is no telling what that life could have gone on to achieve or create.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-13-2015, 07:35 PM   #57
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 5,568 Times in 2,107 Posts
According to Statistics Canada, as of 2011:

1.053 million Canadians who identify themselves as Muslim (3.2%)

Of those 1.053 million Muslims, 720,000 were immigrants/refugees (68.3%)

Muslim is the fastest growing religion in Canada, even outpacing those with no religious affiliation.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 08:51 PM   #58
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
Canada normally accepts between 10,000 and 14,000 refugees each year. This year, Trudeau has set out to take in an additional 25,000 refugees specifically from Syria.

As I mentioned, they are targeting people from low security risk demographics. In addition, they'll be screened before coming to Canada and screened again upon arrival before being placed into a resettlement program.

I'm not sure what they'll do with people found to make fraudulent claims regarding their origins.
Exactly. Even though they pass screening, you don't know what their intentions will be.
Old 11-13-2015, 09:34 PM   #59

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GS8 View Post
Can someone please explain to me how the phrase 'pray for peace' has any merit or validity?

Has it ever worked? Did it work 5000 years ago? 500 years ago? 50 years ago? 5 years ago?

It seems like the ones who constantly spout it are the ones who live miles and miles and miles away from any conflict zone. Is it just some sort of psychological 'high' by feeling that you're a part of the moral fabric that supposedly weaves us all together?

Just seems like such a cop out to me. Can you imagine if prayer was a non-existent concept and people, instead, just used productive means to help out the suffering? Whether it's donation or on-field volunteering all the way up to assisting in the capture and probable execution of the terrorist shits.

Anyway,

RIP to all the victims. Nobody deserves to go out this way. I'm really interested in the investigation results. The Middle East has become nothing more than an outhouse. Turds fighting over who can swirl to the bottom first...
What kind of bs are you spouting? Wtf does pray for peace have anything to do with whether people actually help through productive means? I know plenty of people who pray hard and work harder than anyone to make changes. The generalization you are making is sickening.

Also, what exactly is the point of you saying "RIP to all the victims?" Does that achieve anything? Does it lead to any productive means to help those who are actually suffering? It's rather annoying to see every single person repeating RIP to the lost ones every time a tragic accident happens.

Last edited by flagella; 11-13-2015 at 09:40 PM.
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-13-2015, 09:36 PM   #60
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
i kinda agree with his sickening view...oh god this..oh god that..you need to take control of you're own life before spouting off Magic help to a man floating on a cloud helping us all...Yeah,Okay.
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-13-2015, 10:02 PM   #61
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
if we gonna get technical. technically it was the belief in different god to lead to all this mess

would have been better world if we had never pray to anything to begin with
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 10:32 PM   #62

Thanked 31,141 Times in 7,148 Posts
So those saying we need to stop allowing the refugees for security concerns? Shall we close the borders? Shall we start sending previously landed immigrants back based on their religion due to heightened probability of a terrorist attack from them?
What exactly is it that will make you happy?
For how many immigrants or first generation Canadians there are on here, there sure is a lot of fucking entitlement to YOUR personal country. Take a look at how you and so many of your friends and family ended up here, wether it was 10, or 100 years ago.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-13-2015, 10:42 PM   #63
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.C View Post
Honest question, for all of you guys that have advocated for relaxed refugee controls and so on and so forth, have you ever lived in a warzone? Have you ever lived in a place where you left home and didn't know if you'd be alive at the end of the day? Have you ever been through situations like these:

Because if you haven't, you're scarily naive about how pervasive certain groups are in these countries. I think that the current policy in Europe is extremely misguided, and opens them up to attacks like these. You can't assume bad guys won't take advantage of the opportunity. The naivité is stunning.
Never been in a war zone and hope to never experience one first hand. I do however hope that we do something to help. We accept so many immigrants already, do you suggest we close our borders entirely? Or do you suggest just close it to Syria believing that a terrorist is unable to fly out of any other country. The Canadian thing is to try and help, not just turn a blind eye. The government just needs to find the safest way to do so.

When I was younger my father was witness to a terrorist attempt to assassinate someone, my dad ended up catching the guy(Surrey can be sketchy but not a war zone), it never changed his opinion about people from that religion(weren't muslim)
Adorkami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 10:42 PM   #64
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,796 Times in 915 Posts
10, or 100 years ago. - we didn't have ALLAH SNACK BAR! terrorists posing threats with their extremism,let alone mass murder groups in name of Religion
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-13-2015, 10:48 PM   #65

Thanked 31,141 Times in 7,148 Posts
Remember that time someone killed 6 million jewish people?!
Jesus fuck me.....thats probably a few people killed in the name of religion don't ya think?
Because a terrorist was muslim does not mean muslim = terrorist.
Correlation =/= causation.
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.

Last edited by westopher; 11-13-2015 at 10:55 PM.
westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-13-2015, 10:53 PM   #66
Need to Seek Professional Help

i mean we didn't call them terrorists back in the day, but what about the halocaust? They believed in the purification of ( i wont mention it here )

it may not have been a religion but seems pretty similar to me.

EDIT : i know it seems a bit extreme , just take it for its context and a grain of salt and hopefully you see what i mean.
cruz-in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 11:18 PM   #67
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,292 Times in 2,507 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDął View Post
Bringing 25,000 refugees in I have no problem with, but they most certainly need to be vetted and from actual conflict zones. Doing that properly to ensure both their success here and maintaining the security of all Canadians takes time. The Liberal gov't has bitten off WAY more than they can chew by saying they'll have it done in 6 weeks.
As far as Canadian security is concerned, I must say JDął has made the best comment so far. When even refugee settlement groups are saying this is too much, too fast, you know there is a problem.
Traum is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-13-2015, 11:24 PM   #68
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
So those saying we need to stop allowing the refugees for security concerns? Shall we close the borders? Shall we start sending previously landed immigrants back based on their religion due to heightened probability of a terrorist attack from them?
What exactly is it that will make you happy?
For how many immigrants or first generation Canadians there are on here, there sure is a lot of fucking entitlement to YOUR personal country. Take a look at how you and so many of your friends and family ended up here, wether it was 10, or 100 years ago.
Sorry, first generation Canadian here. We were accepted to Canada through official immigration channels bringing skills that Canada wanted. If only I could bomb my own country and then claim refugee status for free money, housing and healthcare.

These are not immigrants. They are jumping the queue, bringing no usable skills to our country and bringing their problems along with them. Please do not compare them to immigrants who worked hard to get here.
twdm is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-13-2015, 11:38 PM   #69
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Thanked 2,740 Times in 359 Posts
The big bs was Air Canada 'volunteering' to bring these refugees in. They illegally terminated most of their maintenance employee's careers and outsourced repairs to China because they were strapped for cash. Now they suddenly have money for this? Anything to try to get good Liberal press....
richardmozis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 11:55 PM   #70
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
You know who is really to blame for all of this right?

Spoiler!
Old 11-14-2015, 12:13 AM   #71
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Such sad news for citizens and travellers in Paris....2nd attack in Paris within 1 year
Old 11-14-2015, 12:33 AM   #72
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
You know who is really to blame for all of this right?

Spoiler!
Of course. It's blowback. This is unintended consequences. This is what politicians like Ron Paul has been preaching down south, yet a lot of people do not absorb this.
Old 11-14-2015, 01:12 AM   #73
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

How has the terrorist attacks today become a conversation about the refugee crisis that occurring? When 9/11 occurred no one blamed refugees. When the London Bombing occurred we didn't blame refugees. When the Nigerian massacre happened we didn't get up in arms about refugees.

The last 6 months their has been a big debate globally about refugees. However, at this stage there is no information to suggest that any of the perpetrators were recent refugees. If it turns out that the majority of them are French nationals, what did the refugee's fleeing Syria have to do with today's attack.

The majority of refugees are fleeing from the same ideaologies that attacked Paris today. Their escaping from Muslims who have interpreted their religion entirely different from 99% of the worlds Muslims.

If there anecdotal evidence that the last 100 terrorist attacks worldwide are performed by recent refugees into a new country that I am mistaken and apologise. But to be suggesting that Paris could have been saved today had Europe closed its borders over the past year from refugees, is naive in considering the actual terrorists background and motivates, when none of this information has been released yet.
rslater is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-14-2015, 01:24 AM   #74
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,245 Times in 575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone Loc View Post
This. I've said it once in a previous thread, and I'll say it again here. Canada, as a country, should help their own people before opening the doors and letting a flood of refugees in. All of these bleeding-heart refugee advocates need to take a walk down the Downtown East Side and understand that there are plenty of people in Canada who are suffering from addiction, poverty, hunger, mental illness, and abuse who, IMO, should take priority over the citizens of another country (especially when these same citizens pose great security risks). How, exactly, is Canada supposed to fund the housing and social programs for these refugees when there are so many people within our borders who clearly don't get the help they need?

Plus, the average DTES transient is not likely to scream "Allah Akbar!" and bomb a public place. Not that I am saying ALL Muslims are evil, but as an atheist I believe that all religions, when taken to the point of extreme fanaticism, have the capacity for great evil. It certainly doesn't help that the vast majority of "terror" attacks that have occurred lately are perpetrated by people who believe themselves to be Muslim. Couple this with the undeniable fact that the West is directly responsible for the evil that is currently occurring in the Middle East, and I am sure many Syrians are aware of this. It's hard to say that all of them will come here with good intentions.

Condolences to all of the victims and their families. We can't reverse these senseless acts, but we can take the proper steps to ensure that future risks are minimized...
QFT!
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 01:38 AM   #75

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
https://translate.google.ca/translat...-text=&act=url

https://translate.google.com/transla...3-novembre.htm

https://translate.google.com/transla...3-novembre.htm

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.

Last edited by Verdasco; 11-14-2015 at 02:19 AM.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by: