REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Three Attacks on Paris on Friday the 13th. (https://www.revscene.net/forums/706265-three-attacks-paris-friday-13th.html)

pastarocket 11-13-2015 01:12 PM

Three Attacks on Paris on Friday the 13th.

-breaking news about three attacks on people in Paris.

At least 18 people killed in three attacks in Paris: Reports - NEWS 1130

At least 18 people were killed in shootings in central Paris late Friday, CNN affiliate BFMTV reported.

The network reported there was a hostage situation at one of the three sites where shootings took place. BFMTV said the ongoing hostage situation was at a theater named Bataclan.

There was a lockdown at the Stade de France due to possible explosions, according to French media. President Francois Hollande was at the stadium, watching France playing world champions Germany in a friendly soccer match, but he left to go to the Interior Ministry.

Police were outside the scene of one of the shootings, a restaurant in the 10th District.

What is the world coming to????? :facepalm:

6o4__boi 11-13-2015 01:16 PM

just savage...rip

inb4 thread becomes a long convoluted argument featuring some religious, geopolitical and racial undertones.

Berzerker 11-13-2015 01:22 PM

Charles in Charge in 5.... 4.... 3....

RIP Paris.

Berz out.

pastarocket 11-13-2015 01:24 PM

CNN is reporting that hostages are being held in a theater in Paris.

These acts of evil are making me sick. :QQ:

Who are these sick bastards that are doing this to France??

Hondaracer 11-13-2015 01:29 PM

Isis/isil/etc?

Time to flatten the Middle East.

Sid Vicious 11-13-2015 01:42 PM

lets make a wild guess which religious group committed these attacks...could be mormons, hindus...buddhists...satanists

dragondragon99 11-13-2015 01:48 PM

hurting...

BoostedBB6 11-13-2015 01:49 PM

"A man who was inside the theatre when the gunmen entered told a French radio station that the men shouted 'Allah Akbar' as they opened fire."

And you wonder why so many are against a huge influx of new immigrants these days.....this worlds so screwed.

dlo 11-13-2015 01:57 PM

dam heard its up to 60 now.. shooting at a restaurant, 3 bombings outside of the soccer stadium and hostage situation at a music venue/ movie theatre..

shawnly1000 11-13-2015 01:58 PM

French Pres. Hollande says state of emergency declared & France's borders will be closed.

StylinRed 11-13-2015 02:04 PM

you guys missed the russian airliner that exploded on return from egypt? 224 ppl died, suspected military grade bomb planted aboard

Sid Vicious 11-13-2015 02:10 PM

lets hope this makes justin trudeau seriously consider taking in all those fucking syrian refugees

iEatClams 11-13-2015 02:23 PM

I can't help it, but this shit seriously makes me soo angry. I'm sick to my stomach. Such senseless violence and loss of innocent lives.

I can't help but imagine the families that this affected. Children now without a father/mother. Parents who now lose their sons/daughters. Husbands/Wives lost, friends, families and loved ones. They will wonder like if only they decided to go to another threatre or restaurant that day.

Fuck those that are responsible.

mr_chin 11-13-2015 02:34 PM

came in here thinking paris hilton got attacked.

2/10 thread.

shawnly1000 11-13-2015 02:49 PM

It is the first time since the Nazis occupied Paris in 1944 that there has been a curfew in the City of Light

StylinRed 11-13-2015 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sid Vicious (Post 8698683)
lets hope this makes justin trudeau seriously consider taking in all those fucking parisian refugees

edited to try and bring a little sense to you and ur supporters

you realize those refugees are trying to escape these same attacks X10000 that's happening to them and their families everyday? not only by ISIS but also by Syrian/American bombing raids...

BoostedBB6 11-13-2015 02:56 PM

mr_chin that's a really shit thing to say. Hope your ass gets banned for that.

dat_steve 11-13-2015 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_chin (Post 8698691)

2/10 thread.

i bet you're a real hit at parties

jonwon 11-13-2015 03:04 PM

Is this the biggest terrorist attack since 9/11?

Sid Vicious 11-13-2015 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StylinRed (Post 8698694)
edited to try and bring a little sense to you and ur supporters

you realize those refugees are trying to escape these same attacks X10000 that's happening to them and their families everyday? not only by ISIS but also by Syrian/American bombing raids...

okay, you're welcome to host them in your house then, which i'm sure you will do, right?
or you can pay for their food and accomodation
i don't see why canada has an obligation to provide for these people considering the potential security risks they carry.

if canada went tits up tomorrow, do you think syria or any middle eastern country would give a fuck about our refugees?

Lawrence Solomon: Sweden?s governments collapsing under weight of refugees | Financial Post

Galactic_Phantom 11-13-2015 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_chin (Post 8698691)
came in here thinking paris hilton got attacked.

2/10 thread.

Remove yourself from the gene pool

CorneringArtist 11-13-2015 03:16 PM

Reports rolling in that 100 are dead at the Batacalan Theatre.

Chronix 11-13-2015 03:17 PM

Arrested one guy. Claimed is ISIS from Syria.

Tone Loc 11-13-2015 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sid Vicious (Post 8698702)
okay, you're welcome to host them in your house then, which i'm sure you will do, right?
or you can pay for their food and accomodation
i don't see why canada has an obligation to provide for these people considering the potential security risks they carry.

This. I've said it once in a previous thread, and I'll say it again here. Canada, as a country, should help their own people before opening the doors and letting a flood of refugees in. All of these bleeding-heart refugee advocates need to take a walk down the Downtown East Side and understand that there are plenty of people in Canada who are suffering from addiction, poverty, hunger, mental illness, and abuse who, IMO, should take priority over the citizens of another country (especially when these same citizens pose great security risks). How, exactly, is Canada supposed to fund the housing and social programs for these refugees when there are so many people within our borders who clearly don't get the help they need?

Plus, the average DTES transient is not likely to scream "Allah Akbar!" and bomb a public place. Not that I am saying ALL Muslims are evil, but as an atheist I believe that all religions, when taken to the point of extreme fanaticism, have the capacity for great evil. It certainly doesn't help that the vast majority of "terror" attacks that have occurred lately are perpetrated by people who believe themselves to be Muslim. Couple this with the undeniable fact that the West is directly responsible for the evil that is currently occurring in the Middle East, and I am sure many Syrians are aware of this. It's hard to say that all of them will come here with good intentions.

Condolences to all of the victims and their families. We can't reverse these senseless acts, but we can take the proper steps to ensure that future risks are minimized...

StylinRed 11-13-2015 03:20 PM

you must not realize what is to be Canadian after all those years of having Harper around... we help those in need, it's what we've always done

if you help people based solely on guesstimating if they'll help you back, you're a POS

The "whats in it for me attitude" just doesn't fly, and if more people were selfish like that nothing would ever happen, The Dutch wouldn't have been saved by Canada in WW2, those locked in concentration camps would all be dead, ethnic cleansing would always succeed

as for if i'll be hosting any refugees, no, i've simply no room here, but my parents do run a foundation which is actively supporting many charities which does encompass aid for refugees....but i don't see what that has to do with anything

conflating terrorists with the refugees who are escaping terror is absolutely absurd! and i suspect stems from bigotry