REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   The John Norwich Riders Corner (https://www.revscene.net/forums/john-norwich-riders-corner_45/)
-   -   Vancouver bike meets? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/706343-vancouver-bike-meets.html)

prudz 11-18-2015 11:11 AM

Vancouver bike meets?

Moving to Vancouver on Friday and I was wondering where the local bike meets are and what day and time they happen.

?NR 11-19-2015 06:37 AM

with dipping temperatures and the onset of winter, most likely it's done for this season.

however, that being said it doesn't mean riders can't come out and enjoy coffee or a brew in their cages. Riders off-season social meet.

if there are interests in meeting fellow riders, talk about bikes, cars, gear over a coffee we can always set up a meet.

anyone?

320icar 11-19-2015 06:40 AM

I'd be willing to put my thermal cock sock on a ride out somewhere. Though I'd be infinitely more comfortable in my car

Dragon-88 11-19-2015 08:01 AM

Every 3rd thursday there a bike meet at Marine and Byrne. Dont know if it's still hapening throughout the winter. But it was solid all summer.

320icar 11-19-2015 08:02 AM

Thursday Byrne meet! Fuck that. I'd rather not get ticketed for loud exhaust or various reflectors missing

DKaz 11-19-2015 08:57 AM

Bikes have reflectors?

320icar 11-19-2015 09:06 AM

Uhh... Yeah? Legally they have to. Like on the front wheel/axle

kr4l 11-19-2015 12:45 PM

I know of a place in Richmond for bubble tea and waffles.. :)

?NR 11-19-2015 01:49 PM

haha Karl.

REVscene members gets discounts at TheBBTShop underneath the Superstore on No3 Road.

there are a couple nice benches around and covered parking lot. Good for RS meets.

https://www.facebook.com/thebbtshop/

(been there a couple times, guess I missed you and Ivanna)

kr4l 11-19-2015 02:02 PM

@tommy

I'm usually there only early mornings now. I got some patio seating and a bit of seating inside. Usually slower on weekdays. Meet up would be awesome. You don't even need to buy nothing. Just don't make a mess or else the caretaker will kick my ass. And of course discount for RS members

?NR 11-19-2015 02:06 PM

SHOW REVSCENE LANYARD OR STICKER (ON YOUR LID OR BIKE) FOR DISCOUNT :)

kr4l 11-19-2015 02:25 PM

That's actually a great idea. I can do some promo stuff if you want at the shop as well. All I ask in return is a RS lanyard haha

?NR 11-19-2015 02:40 PM

i'll drop a couple off when i am by there again.

320icar 11-19-2015 03:35 PM

SINCE WHEN??? I go there all the time and I've never heard of this fucking once. And I always ALWAYS have my RS lanyard hanging out of my pocket

kr4l 11-19-2015 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 320icar (Post 8700571)
SINCE WHEN??? I go there all the time and I've never heard of this fucking once. And I always ALWAYS have my RS lanyard hanging out of my pocket

Since today haha. Let me know when you go next time. I'll hook you up

320icar 11-19-2015 04:37 PM

Everytime my gf and I do a superstore run we make sure to pop in. That smell of bubble waffle gets trapped in the parkade. My goddddddd

Sunfighter 11-20-2015 09:35 PM

My riding season is about July 7th until July 21st ... but only when it's above 25 degrees and only on even numbered days and not if I have to work the next day... :) so basically, my bike is on stands for the winter. :(

kr4l 11-20-2015 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 320icar (Post 8700586)
Everytime my gf and I do a superstore run we make sure to pop in. That smell of bubble waffle gets trapped in the parkade. My goddddddd

I hear that all the time :)

I rode today. It was fucking cold.

prudz 12-13-2015 12:16 PM

I pushed riding until a few days before snowfall in Edmonton. Been out here for the last few weeks and have put a couple hundred km on my bike. Two days ago the weather was amazing, bombed all around Vancouver, ubc, north van, surrey, richmond. Honestly can't believe I can bike and it is almost Christmas :D My only complaint, there really are no roads/Highways like in Edmonton where you can really open a bike up on other than highway 1, it's pretty dense traffic with small roads here:p

320icar 12-13-2015 12:50 PM

And if that road did exist, it would have a 50km/h limit with radar traps and all the Jazz.

Apparently speeding has killed more people than every war ever since the dawn of man

prudz 12-13-2015 02:50 PM

I can confirm, I am speed.

At least there are no photo radar vans here. I still look at ford trucks with canopies and think i'm going to get a ticket for going over 10 km/hr.

DKaz 12-14-2015 05:38 PM

I've put close to 500km in the last week on my scooter here in Kelowna, including how I spent Saturday morning:

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...4a&oe=57213037

It was absolutely incredible therapy for the soul, despite taking corners slow because of potential sand on the road. Today was beautiful too as will be tomorrow, but it'll be parked for awhile after tomorrow because of snow in the forecast for the next week, but the snow may only stick around for a couple of weeks before it warms up again.

kr4l 12-14-2015 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKaz (Post 8707366)
I've put close to 500km in the last week on my scooter here in Kelowna, including how I spent Saturday morning:

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...4a&oe=57213037

It was absolutely incredible therapy for the soul, despite taking corners slow because of potential sand on the road. Today was beautiful too as will be tomorrow, but it'll be parked for awhile after tomorrow because of snow in the forecast for the next week, but the snow may only stick around for a couple of weeks before it warms up again.

Wow it's so nice there. The weather in Vancouver has been pretty nasty the last few days.

I remember going back to Edmonton a few months ago and it was all Anthony henday riding. Was so nice. Although the trucks there are more danger than the c lai's here in Richmond. They give no fucks about motorcycles at all.

DKaz 12-14-2015 06:35 PM

It's been surprisingly decent. We had a couple of weeks of snow and freezing cold then it just warmed up and everything melted, so I've been milking this riding opportunity for all its worth.

Edmonton seems like a scary place to ride in general, they're all so aggressive. At the same time, the cops love handing out speeding tickets there. I got one back in March coming from Leduc onto Anthony Henday. For going like 112 in a 90. BC cops would hardly give a ticket for that.

prudz 12-19-2015 10:06 AM

What's a c lai?

I find it to be about the same honestly. First week in Vancouver I had god knows how many people tailgating me on my car and bike, as well countless people going yolo with their driving habits. I already folded a few mirrors on some cars that gave me close calls.

The henday is alright on bikes back in Edmonton, the river valley is where all the fun stuff is at. But enough about that place, i'm excited to make it out to some meets this year, meet some of you and go on some cruises. Finally bought a bike cover :p My bikes been stored in underground heated parking it's whole life until this month. Picked up a guardian cover from Carter Honda the other day.