REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Man named Phuc Dat Bich blames Facebook for shutting his FB account down (https://www.revscene.net/forums/706388-man-named-phuc-dat-bich-blames-facebook-shutting-his-fb-account-down.html)

pastarocket 11-20-2015 07:29 PM

Man named Phuc Dat Bich blames Facebook for shutting his FB account down

This poor guy had his Facebook account shut down because the company thinks he is giving a false and misleading name.

-wondering how much difficulty this guy faces in renewing his driver's licence, passport, or other government issued identification. :lawl:

Didn't his parents consider that his name would grab attention in a bad way when they were thinking of a name for their son after birth?

:fulloffuck::fuckthatshit:

Man named Phuc Dat Bich blasts Facebook for shut down - Fox 5 NY | WNYW

A Facebook post by a man named Phuc Dat Bich (pronounced "Phoo Da Bic") has gone viral. The Australian of Vietnamese descent says his account has been shutdown several times by the social media site. The issue appears to be centered on his name.

According to Bich, 23, Facebook accuses him of having a "false and misleading" name.

Bich even posted a photo of his passport that showed his full name.

Earlier this year, Bich wrote:

"I find it highly irritating the fact that nobody seems to believe me when I say that my full legal name is how you see it."

The post went viral Friday after a newspaper in Australia got wind of the issue.

Bich appeared to be back on Facebook after he re-posted a link to the article.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-vAWSJCL0bU...-dat-bitch.jpg

Phuc Dat Bich
Works at National Australia Bank · 25,665 followers · January 27 ·

I find it highly irritating the fact that nobody seems to believe me when I say that my full legal name is how you see it. I've been accused of using a false and misleading name of which I find very offensive. Is it because I'm Asian? Is it?
Having my fb shut down multiple times and forced to change my name to my "real" name, so just to put it out there. My name.

Yours sincerely,

Phuc Dat Bich

SkinnyPupp 11-20-2015 07:31 PM

"Is it because I'm Asian?"

No it's because your name sounds funny in English. It doesn't matter if you're asian or whatever else.

iEatClams 11-20-2015 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastarocket (Post 8700985)

Didn't his parents consider that his name would grab attention in a bad way when they were thinking of a name for their son after birth?

:fulloffuck::fuckthatshit:

you do know that in vietnamese, the name sounds just as regular as john smith or brad anderson.

if you heard how it sounds in viet it doesn't sound like fuck that bitch at all.
Vietnamese language has many accents and tone marks as well that changes the pronunciation.

I know many people here in Vancouver with the names, dat, bich, phuc. nga

what may sound okay in one language may be different in another. it's just that too many people are ignorant.

dont forget about pho bich nga.

also like how this a lot of people think chinese people are saying the N word. Na ge. which basically means that/this.

pastarocket 11-20-2015 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iEatClams (Post 8700991)
you do know that in vietnamese, the name sounds just as regular as john smith or brad anderson.

if you heard how it sounds in viet it doesn't sound like fuck that bitch at all.
Vietnamese language has many accents and tone marks as well that changes the pronunciation.

I know many people here in Vancouver with the names, dat, bich, phuc. nga

what may sound okay in one language may be different in another. it's just that too many people are ignorant.

dont forget about pho bich nga.

also like how this a lot of people think chinese people are saying the N word. Na ge. which basically means that/this.

I confess that I plead ignorance. -never ever knew that these Vietnamese names existed because I am not Vietnamese.

Heck, I need to correct myself when I ask for the best "Phoa" in a Vietnamese restaurant because the pronunciation of "Phoa" as "FOA" means prostitute.

I always wondered why the waitress smiled at me when I asked for the House Special Phoa at a restaurant. It wasn't just about friendly service. :lawl:

Phoa's correct pronunciation is :fuuuuu:

Mining 11-20-2015 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastarocket (Post 8700994)
I confess that I plead ignorance. -never ever knew that these Vietnamese names existed because I am not Vietnamese.

Heck, I need to correct myself when I ask for the best "Phoa" in a Vietnamese restaurant because the pronunciation of "Phoa" as "FOA" means prostitute.

I always wondered why the waitress smiled at me when I asked for the House Special Phoa at a restaurant. It wasn't just about friendly service. :lawl:

Phoa's correct pronunciation is :fuuuuu:

That last bit cracked me up

white rocket 11-20-2015 08:40 PM

OGCStrike 11-20-2015 08:53 PM

hes got a really nice sti tho...:troll:

pastarocket 11-20-2015 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OGCStrike (Post 8701004)
hes got a really nice sti tho...:troll:

Does Phuc Dat Bich fuck bitches in that nice STI? :Pbjt:

SpartanAir 11-21-2015 07:52 AM

^ Does Phuc Dat Bich get STI's from fuckin bitches in his STI? :troll:

MG1 11-21-2015 08:04 AM

To this day, I have never had any phoa of any kind.

RS mini meat to get some phoa?

nabs 11-21-2015 08:29 AM

^^^
at

Pho Bich Nga?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_tTCyS07dYV...+Vancouver.jpg

murd0c 11-21-2015 10:58 AM

I just came in to post that pic dammit

Mike Oxbig 11-21-2015 11:12 AM

http://i.imgur.com/wnYTz7L.jpg?1

Eastwood 11-21-2015 11:33 AM

This guy knows whats up...
http://imgfave-herokuapp-com.global....4683509849.jpg

SoNaRWaVe 11-21-2015 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nabs (Post 8701062)

isn't that place gone already?

Presto 11-21-2015 03:04 PM

Facebook has a 'real name' policy, but they don't enforce it unless the account gets reported. It seems he keeps getting reported, and having to verify again and again. It's odd that FB can't just flag his account as verified, and ignore the reports that his account is fake.

On a side note, if you see spammers/scammer on Facebook, you can report they're account as fake, and FB will remove it. That's what I do to people that try to spam my page.

mr_chin 11-21-2015 06:40 PM

mr_chin 11-21-2015 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Oxbig (Post 8701099)

I lol'd at this one.

Imagine seeing this guy every day and go "da fuk?" with a surprised expression like you've haven't seen him in a long time.

BoySupra604 11-22-2015 04:04 AM

Wasn't this guy a Chef/Farmer years back?

minoru_tanaka 11-23-2015 05:06 AM

http://i.imgur.com/vU8GL3x.jpg

Vansterdam 11-23-2015 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoNaRWaVe (Post 8701102)
isn't that place gone already?

its switched owners a few times since then. The place now there Pho Duy has killer viet ice coffees around and their chicken pho ga is pretty bomb too!
place has random store hours though lol

MTV Cribs 11-24-2015 02:17 AM

Looks fake. The letters in the name is not as bold as the letters on the rest of the passport

Obsideon 11-24-2015 09:44 PM

I was riding the subway in New York when this jacked up African-American stepped in (kinda looked like Murdoc's avatar).
I was talking to my girlfriend in mandarin at the time and I said "Ge Wo Ne Ge Bi" (Which means "Give me that pen") ... well anyway he turned around to look at me. I thought I was gonna die.

flagella 11-25-2015 05:03 AM

Well, fake it is apparently.

Phuc Dat Bich is a Massive Phucking Faker

pastarocket 11-25-2015 06:20 AM

What Da Phuc???? This dude fooled me big time. :rukidding: