REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 11-27-2015, 10:57 AM   #1
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,323 Times in 579 Posts
Rear Differential Oil Leak

Monday Nov 23, 2015 - Jacked up my Subaru BRZ with a floor jack under the rear differential jack point. I've done this dozen times the past 3 years of car ownership (changing tires and rear differential oil changes). I changed my winter tires on and lowered the floor jack. Noticed some rear differential oil on the floor jack circle piece. I wiped it off and checked rear differential and nothing seems to be "dripping out". I placed a piece of cardboard under the rear differential area in my garage to make sure nothing goes messy as I wanted to monitor it.

Friday Nov 27, 2015 - I noticed the piece of cardboard under my car has a few drips of oil from under the rear differential. I'm suspecting the rear differential seals needs to be replaced? I'm thinking the cold weather caused the seals to crack when I jacked up the car. There was no oil for the few days in between Tuesday-Thursday as I checked the cardboard everyday.

Anyone have any insight into this possible issue?
Advertisement
Euro7r is offline   Reply With Quote