REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-02-2015, 02:20 PM   #26
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
wow that's a gruesome scene

the helicopter cameraman is refusing to zoom in right now, but he had already, can't really tell though but i think it's an officer :/
Advertisement
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 03:21 PM   #27
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,322 Times in 5,640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
It's easier than buying fireworks at your local store. You need a permit to buy fireworks in places like Surrey.

Let me guess you own a gun?
So what do you propose? what kind of restrictions are going to keep guns out of the hands of people willing to kill DOZENS of innocent people?

somone who can kill people without a second thought isnt willing to break into homes to find guns?

there are no laws that are going to prevent this.

And yea, i own guns, have virtually all my life. Really beside the point.
Old 12-02-2015, 03:40 PM   #28
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,910 Times in 3,872 Posts
The US is too busy being scared shitless of "turrurists" that aren't a real threat to bother solving their own internal problems brought on by too many guns and too little mental health care.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-02-2015, 04:03 PM   #29
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabatron View Post
the US is one fucked up country! I mean theres a shooting there every other week! The states is too worried about fighting terrorism when they should worry about their own shit going on!
There has actually been a mass shooting almost every day in America. Some days had more than one. See below chart in link.

Planned Parenthood Shooting Victim's Brother Is Criticizing US Gun Laws
DGN23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-02-2015, 05:48 PM   #30

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
And yea, i own guns, have virtually all my life. Really beside the point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post

It's never going to stop because they are never going to take away people's guns, period.
Read those 2 statements and really think about it. Cause I know you are smarter than that.

Also people on the do not fly list in the US are allowed to buy guns. How does that make sense?
Old 12-02-2015, 06:10 PM   #31
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 9,244 Times in 2,359 Posts

JUST IN: Suspect in #SanBernardino shooting ID'd as Syed Farook; Another believed to be Farook's brother: Source: https://twitter.com/NBCNews

CORONA, CALIFORNIA — Law enforcement officials have identified Syed Farook as one of the suspected shooters who attacked a center for the disabled in San Bernardino, California, according to NBC News. The Daily Beast has learned that the police have just executed a search warrant at a Redlands, California address—an address that belongs to Farook’s family. More... Suspect ID'd in San Bernardino Massacre as Syed Farook - The Daily Beast
Harvey Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 07:24 PM   #32
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,263 Times in 1,967 Posts

Instincts, right?
GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-02-2015, 07:36 PM   #33
My name is Michael. J. Caboose, and I hate BABIES!

Thanked 1,421 Times in 678 Posts
One of my closest friends lives in SB, but thankfully he moved out of the area where the shooting took place a month or so ago. I'm glad he wasn't working and answered me right away when I contacted him. One of our other friends messaged me and told me to message him and make sure he was ok because there'd been a shooting. I got this in the middle of my work day and freaked out =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATUS105 View Post
IF I FIND YOU
I WILL EAT YOUR RICE!
Inaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 07:39 PM   #34
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
In before Chucky blames the Illuminati.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-02-2015, 08:10 PM   #35

So it sounds like it was an employee for the health department Syed Farook and his wife? the guy was an inspector for the county health department, and left early from the Holiday party, after an altercation, and then came back and well... -_-

an interfaith and islamic group just did a press conference condemning the attacks, but given that he's an employee and did this at the employee party, it sounds more like a disgruntled worker

Last edited by StylinRed; 12-02-2015 at 08:20 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 12-02-2015, 09:10 PM   #36
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
How do you change something that is written into your amendment of the constitution? With all the interest and lobby groups that are around *cough* NRA *cough* and all the political ties that are involved, I can't even begin to imagine the tangled mess that would result if anyone tries to mess with status quo.
How? By repealing it. Wouldn't be the first Amendment that would be repealed (18th Amendment was Prohibition). And it can be reasonably argued that the 1st and 4th Amendments are already being ignored by the government or the general public.

That said, I would be extremely surprised if this was ever done. It's too ingrained in the American lifestyle for them to willingly let it go. And, beside, even if it was, I think it's already hit the point of critical mass. There's something like the equivalent of 8 guns for every citizen out there right now. If they stopped selling guns tomorrow, it would hardly make any difference for at least a couple decades, if not more.
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-02-2015, 09:33 PM   #37
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,295 Times in 2,509 Posts
As you've said it yourself, Lomac, at a practical level, I just don't see how it can be done. The amount of backlash that the (US) federal government would face if they ever attempt such a thing would be insurmountable, and it wouldn't just come from the lobby and interest groups, but also citizens in general. Simply put, it would be political suicide, and neither the GOP nor the Democrats would ever dare to attempt that.

If it were to be done, it'd have to come as an (election) campaign promise. And then on the practically non-existent chance that the candidate made it to win the election, the objective could be pushed through (because by then it means prerogative has been endorsed by voters).
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-02-2015, 09:41 PM   #38
Head Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traum View Post
As you've said it yourself, Lomac, at a practical level, I just don't see how it can be done. The amount of backlash that the (US) federal government would face if they ever attempt such a thing would be insurmountable, and it wouldn't just come from the lobby and interest groups, but also citizens in general. Simply put, it would be political suicide, and neither the GOP nor the Democrats would ever dare to attempt that.

If it were to be done, it'd have to come as an (election) campaign promise. And then on the practically non-existent chance that the candidate made it to win the election, the objective could be pushed through (because by then it means prerogative has been endorsed by voters).
And you just know that even if it ever managed to get pushed through, there would be a large enough group that would deem this act to be reason enough to create a citizens militia against the government and go after said government.

"If the government doesn't want us to be able to protect ourselves, there's gotta be a reason for it!"
This post thanked by:
Old 12-02-2015, 09:53 PM   #39

a·mend·ment
əˈmen(d)mənt/
noun
noun: amendment; plural noun: amendments

a minor change in a document.
a change or addition to a legal or statutory document.
"an amendment to existing bail laws"
an article added to the US Constitution.
noun: Amendment; plural noun: Amendments
"the First Amendment"

Also no one is talking about banning guns no one except for some slack jawed yokels.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:45 PM   #40
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Surprised no one posted this yet.

Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-02-2015, 11:17 PM   #41
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

center for the disabled?
what the fuck? he hates disabled people???
what's the motive?

mind fucking...
ImportPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 11:42 PM   #42
Head Moderator

Allegedly he was an employee and this stemmed from an argument that had happened earlier that day at a meeting.

Seems like this is likely a take on "Going Postal" rather than an actual terror attack.
Old 12-02-2015, 11:54 PM   #43

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomac View Post
Allegedly he was an employee and this stemmed from an argument that had happened earlier that day at a meeting.

Seems like this is likely a take on "Going Postal" rather than an actual terror attack.
Going Postal is an individual act and doesn't explain the motives of the female suspect.
Old 12-03-2015, 12:06 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
Going Postal is an individual act and doesn't explain the motives of the female suspect.
it's california prolly his ride or die biatch

there's still questions about a 3rd suspect, it's still very odd atm
Old 12-03-2015, 12:31 AM   #45
Head Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bouncing Bettys View Post
True, but I'm just going by the facts that are currently being presented (surprisingly both left and right leaning news sites are saying more or less the same thing at the moment). Doesn't mean it's ultimately correct, of course.

Edit: Apparently I hadn't checked the news for a while. Seems it might have been planned more than originally thought.

Edit edit: I'm reading the comments section on Fox News (I know, I know). Man, the shit being said in there hurts my head.
Old 12-03-2015, 09:06 AM   #46
what manner of phaggotry is this

Thanked 5,473 Times in 1,814 Posts
they had pipe bombs strapped to RC cars.

totally a simple gun control issue
Old 12-03-2015, 10:36 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRxtar View Post
they had pipe bombs strapped to RC cars.

totally a simple gun control issue
So how many of the 14 did the R/C cars kill?
Old 12-03-2015, 10:50 AM   #48

Thanked 2,616 Times in 899 Posts
Terrorists wishing to inflict damage in the western/modern world have, for the most part, figured out that elaborate bombs require a great deal of knowledge, easily traceable and hard to acquire components, and rarely achieve the desired effects. They have moved on to cheap, effective, untraceable, easy to acquire guns for coordinated attacks. The use of explosives is meant to distract or delay while the real work is done with guns.
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-03-2015, 10:54 AM   #49
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
anyone with the sufficient motivation and planning could kill a large number of people if given the opportunity. the tool used seems irrelevant

Knife-wielding attackers kill 29 at China train station - CNN.com

Fifty killed in a knife attack at a Chinese colliery | MINING.com
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-03-2015, 10:55 AM   #50
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Quote:
They found them in their house, not at the scene.
JHatta is offline   Reply With Quote