REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-06-2015, 08:15 PM   #26
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Yes good fucking riddance I say also!
Advertisement
E-SPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 08:21 PM   #27
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-SPEC View Post
Yes good fucking riddance I say also!
ISIS feels the same way.
Old 12-06-2015, 08:37 PM   #28
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
LOL!! you guys are harsh. While death it's expected when you make the choices they did, I still wouldn't say they "deserved" it. The power of the media plus young impressionable rebellious girls is a powerful combo.

Where are parents in all of this?
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-07-2015, 12:04 AM   #29
Need to Seek Professional Help

Where were the fucking parents???
Old 12-07-2015, 02:19 AM   #30
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottsman View Post
Where were the fucking parents???
in austria
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-07-2015, 07:52 AM   #31

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
No 14 or 16 year old deserves to be beaten to death. I can't believe how many RS members are agreeing with ISIS. I wonder what site you guys are really on?
man your posts are descending further and further into caricature and parody status. i just assume (hope) you're actually some crazy redneck whos trolling us all.

these girls willingly joined a group of their own accord after witnessing said group beheading people, enslaving people etc wishing to contribute. and you have sympathy for them? fucking lol
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 08:46 AM   #32
nma
#RVG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68style View Post
LOL seeing from their perspective... come on, that's taking a liberal minndset to the very extremes... it's not like they made a mistake and shoplifted some lipstick from Shoppers Drug Mart and learned a lesson.

It takes some pretty serious dedication to something to stop going to school, leave your family, buy a ticket to a foreign country that's not exactly easy to get to and join a terrorist group. They gave up their privileged life in a first world country (which, ironically, many Syrians are trying to aspire to) to go somewhere with the mindset of destroying the very society that coddled their stupid asses their whole life and gave them the opportunity to make life decisions instead of enforcing them upon them. That's more than just being "naive" lol... too bad that life decision ended up costing them their lives, but I don't feel sorry for them at all.
While I agree with almost everything you said, it is quite easy to brainwash young teens. All they have to do is start hanging out with the wrong crowd / meet the wrong person before they get in some deep shit. I mean this applies to a shit load of people; there are whole COUNTRIES that are fucking brainwashed.
nma is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-07-2015, 12:40 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Vicious View Post
man your posts are descending further and further into caricature and parody status. i just assume (hope) you're actually some crazy redneck whos trolling us all.

these girls willingly joined a group of their own accord after witnessing said group beheading people, enslaving people etc wishing to contribute. and you have sympathy for them? fucking lol
She probable meet some guy on line and it went from there. How do you expect a 14 year old to make the right decision when so many adults make so many stupid decisions. Tom Cruise is in a cult and makes people sign a billion year contract. Also lets not forget all the suicide cults that have come and gone.
Old 12-07-2015, 12:52 PM   #34

Quote:
She probable meet some guy on line and it went from there. How do you expect a 14 year old to make the right decision when so many adults make so many stupid decisions. Tom Cruise is in a cult and makes people sign a billion year contract. Also lets not forget all the suicide cults that have come and gone.
i'm pretty sure that at the age of 14 i had the sentient mind to not join an apocalyptic death cult famous for beheading, torturing and killing people.

and scientologists may be fucking nuts but they're not exactly known for going around and rounding up people to slaughter...so...

anyways, these girls deserved 100% what they got.
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-07-2015, 12:56 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Vicious View Post
i'm pretty sure that at the age of 14 i had the sentient mind to not join an apocalyptic death cult famous for beheading and torturing people.

also LMFAO at the tom cruise analogy....i'm sure scientologists have killed and tortureted as many people as ISIS

anyways, these girls deserved 100% what they got. play with fire you gonna get burned!
High school kids do tons of stupid sh/T.

You ever do drugs?
Old 12-07-2015, 12:59 PM   #36
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
This is what scares me about our future generation. The fact that we make excuse for them to say they are too young to make the right decision and give them a pass, is what gives them the sense of entitlement. I'm entitle to a second chance. Oppsy sorry I mess up, its OK next time.

When your 14 you should be able to figure out what's right and wrong. But the fact is they bought tickets find a way into Syria and joined Isis. I mean there are many chances there for them to say oh fuck this is not a good idea let's not get on the plane. I think they have used up many of their second chances in this scenario
kkttsang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 01:02 PM   #37

Quote:

You ever do drugs?
Yes. But the analogy would not be just the girls doing drugs. It would be more like they started doing drugs. Then sold drugs then joined the gang and then kill some innocent people for drug money. That analogy would be closer to them joining Isis.

The you do drug analogy would just be like them researching about Isis. The fact is they kept going
This post thanked by:
Old 12-07-2015, 01:08 PM   #38

Quote:

You ever do drugs?
you have the debating skills of a potato and get rekt in every single thread you post in lol

BRB comparing doing drugs to joining a psychotic death cult
This post thanked by:
Old 12-07-2015, 02:44 PM   #39
I subscribe to Revscene

I thinks its been twice now that you dont even reply when truly challenged in your views. That makes you the weak link.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkttsang View Post
This is what scares me about our future generation. The fact that we make excuse for them to say they are too young to make the right decision and give them a pass, is what gives them the sense of entitlement. I'm entitle to a second chance. Oppsy sorry I mess up, its OK next time.

When your 14 you should be able to figure out what's right and wrong. But the fact is they bought tickets find a way into Syria and joined Isis. I mean there are many chances there for them to say oh fuck this is not a good idea let's not get on the plane. I think they have used up many of their second chances in this scenario
Angelina Jolie and and Pitt also supported ISIS at one time... I dont remember any members voicing their discontent of ISIS at the beginning... only now that the mainstream media is pretending to hate them is why the sheeple here are so against this movement.
August 13 2014
http://www.revscene.net/forums/68432...ml#post8515521
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
CharlesInCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-07-2015, 03:31 PM   #40

First off I want to thank cic to come back with the brangelina rebuttal and calling me a weak link, because, let's be honest here, you are not a true revscene contributor if you haven't had cic critize your point of view. So pleasure is all mine cic.

And secondly as much as I love to debate with you, I have seen your previous posts and frankly I do not have the time right now. But please by all means speak your mind, always entertaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
I thinks its been twice now that you dont even reply when truly challenged in your views. That makes you the weak link.
Angelina Jolie and and Pitt also supported ISIS at one time... I dont remember any members voicing their discontent of ISIS at the beginning... only now that the mainstream media is pretending to hate them is why the sheeple here are so against this movement.
August 13 2014
http://www.revscene.net/forums/68432...ml#post8515521
Old 12-07-2015, 04:03 PM   #41
I subscribe to Revscene

Sure, but I was actually calling Sid here the weak link.
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-07-2015, 04:05 PM   #42

Quote:
Sure, but I was actually calling Sid here the weak link.
Oh well that was embarrassing

You need to name who your calling out cic, to avoid future confusion. Lol
Old 12-07-2015, 04:22 PM   #43
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,814 Times in 957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkttsang View Post

This. Basically this issue transcends to all aspect of kids' life these days. People in my parents generation matured a lot earlier and became independent while what you see from kids nowadays are self-entitlement, blaming others for their fuck up, and think they don't need to bear the consequences of their actions.
flagella is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-07-2015, 07:58 PM   #44
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
Quote:
...mainstream media...
...mainstream media...
...mainstream media...
...mainstream media...
How much I hate those words.... every time someone says those words it enrages me because I know everything that comes before and after all bullshit conspiracy theory spewing shit.

Please learn some new words, rather than "mainstream media" and "sheeple" and "zio...whateverbullshityouusehere"

[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-07-2015, 10:49 PM   #45
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 5,279 Times in 603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabs View Post
Pretty sure i was a right angle during high school...

Spoiler!
lol bro yeah right. you think you're hot shit? i'd venture as far as to say that you were even less than that...

you were acute angle
Old 12-08-2015, 06:29 AM   #46
I subscribe to Revscene

Quote:
How much I hate those words.... every time someone says those words it enrages me because I know everything that comes before and after all bullshit conspiracy theory spewing shit.

Please learn some new words, rather than "mainstream media" and "sheeple" and "zio...whateverbullshityouusehere"

Does it hurt because these labels apply to you? Impress us by linking one of your posts from a none mainstream news source.

'Craft Intl mercenaries carried out San Bernardino shooting'
Audio clip included
PressTV-?Craft mercs carried out California shooting?
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
This post FAILED by:
Old 12-08-2015, 07:14 AM   #47
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,322 Posts
Quote:

LOL, Chucky is also a Sheeple he just gets his info from other sources and believes it blindly just like the same people he's discrediting for believing everything they get from mainstream sources.

One day chicken little will be on to something but nobody is going to believe it because he has zero credibility.

“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I don´t care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That´s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 08:03 AM   #48
Official Texas Ambassador

Thanked 5,671 Times in 1,324 Posts
@CiC -

Although it is grim to celebrate the deaths of two young women, it comes from a place of frustration. Austria, their nation of origin, is a safe and socially progressive nation that has put its darkest days behind itself to create an inclusive and strong country its inhabitants and citizens can be proud of. The country created an environment that allowed the families of these young girls to practice their religion and develop their own ideas and communicate with the outside world. As women, it afforded them equal opportunities in life to education, interpersonal relationships, and even to drive a car. Austria allowed them to make their own decisions.

They made the decision to spit in the face of the country and join a group that has stated it openly seeks to destroy the ideals of the west which include the freedom they took for granted.

Out of fear and frustration Austria and Germany, along with Italy (and years earlier Russia) went through revolutionary changes and elected leaders who promised strong leadership and protection of their own ideals. Nationalism reigned strong and "otherness" was rejected. If you didn't support the country's ideals and become a part of the "sameness" that the leaders promoted, you were dealt with.

Whether you believe the holocaust was real or not, CiC, or if you feel the numbers of European Jews who were terminated are exaggerated, you have to acknowledge that Germany and Italy, and independently Russia, did specifically persecute those populations.

Now, just over half a century later we'd all like to believe we're in a better place. Marriage equality between races and genders has been established. Governmental discrimination against certain groups is far less than what it used to be (although we can all acknowledge systematic racism still exists) and social mobility at an all time high. Your birth circumstances do not dictate how you may live your life.

But these girls rejected that. An ideology who they felt was so closely associated with their religion seduced them. Daesh's brand of Islamic interpretation was too much for them to resist, in spite of the endless information available to them to warn them.

They picked up and moved to a known warzone, whos tragedies are featured on nearly every newscast, expecting paradise. They flaunted their defiance and figuratively told the people of the west that the struggles they faced.. that the tens of millions who died for the freedom in which they were raised was for nothing. I'm not being dramatic when I say people feel they figuratively spit on the grave on every soldier who fought for the relative luxury in which they were raised.

They then arrived at the front and became propaganda pieces. Media darlings. Recruiting tools. They found their paradise until they were no longer good enough for headlines. Then reality set in.

I don't think we'll ever truly know WHY they fled... but they realized their mistake too late. They realized that they made the wrong choice. And they died for it because their hosts (who later became captors) disagreed with their decision to flee.

Austria disagreed with their decision to leave the country but they certainly wouldn't have been slaughtered for it.

A lot of people are scared and frustrated. The powder keg is heating up.

Chilling message from menacing migrants who say either borders are open or die | World | News | Daily Express

We need to measure how we react. This is how Hitlers start.
El Bastardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 08:57 AM   #49
linguistic ninja

Thanked 3,378 Times in 1,229 Posts
Alright, we get it. Can we stop beating the topic to death now?

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
CivicBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-08-2015, 12:32 PM   #50
I Wanna Go Fast!

Thanked 2,393 Times in 587 Posts
Quote:
Does it hurt because these labels apply to you? Impress us by linking one of your posts from a none mainstream news source.

'Craft Intl mercenaries carried out San Bernardino shooting'
Audio clip included
PressTV-?Craft mercs carried out California shooting?
EDIT - Not worth countering a rAtards nonsensical arguments.
Stay delusional.

Last edited by JDął; 12-08-2015 at 05:16 PM.
JDął is offline   Reply With Quote