REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   The Official 2015/2016 Donald Trump GOP Thread (https://www.revscene.net/forums/706629-official-2015-2016-donald-trump-gop-thread.html)

Acura604 12-07-2015 02:47 PM

The Official 2015/2016 Donald Trump GOP Thread

ok..this guy has made soooo many controversial statements ...I think its time for a thread!!!

latest:

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/donal...214105912.html

Donald Trump calls for ‘total and complete shutdown’ of Muslims entering U.S.

Republican presidential frontrunner Donald Trump called for a “total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States” until the country’s representatives can “figure out what is going on.”

The Trump campaign released a statement Monday afternoon declaring his commitment to preventing Muslim immigration. The campaign justifies this discrimination by saying that large segments of the Muslim population bear “great hatred towards Americans.”

“Without looking at the various polling data, it is obvious to anybody the hatred is beyond comprehension,” Trump said a statement. “Where this hatred comes from and why we will have to determine. Until we are able to determine and understand this problem and the dangerous threat it poses, our country cannot be the victims of horrendous attacks by people that believe only in jihad, and have no sense of reason or respect for human life. If I win the election for president, we are going to make America great again.”

The release cites a recent poll from the Center for Security Policy, a Washington, D.C.-based national security think tank, which said that 25 percent of U.S. Muslims asked think that violence against Americans in the United States is justified as a “part of the global jihad.”

It’s unclear how wide-reaching Trump’s proposed ban would be — does it include leaders of countries that are U.S. Muslim allies, like the King of Jordan, for instance — or how he’d specifically carry out such a plan.

Representatives for the Trump campaign did not immediately respond to a request for comment from Yahoo News.

But when asked by The Hill newspaper whether Trump’s theoretical ban “would include Muslim-American citizens currently abroad,” spokeswoman Hope Hicks replied: “Mr. Trump says, ‘Everyone.’”

Ibrahim Hooper, the national communications director for Council on American-Islamic Relations, was startled that a major contemporary U.S. political figure would make such a sweeping declaration.

“You have to wonder what he is going to call for next. I don’t even want to go there,” Hooper said to Yahoo News. “You have to wonder what he says next as he ramps up his anti-Muslim bigotry to new heights. It’s completely astounding. I don’t know what to say.”

Trump’s statement comes a day after President Obama addressed the nation to discuss terrorism and warned against letting the war on ISIS be defined as a “war between America and Islam.”

“ISIL does not speak for Islam,” the commander in chief said. “They are thugs and killers, part of a cult of death, and they account for a tiny fraction of more than a billion Muslims around the world — including millions of patriotic Muslim Americans who reject their hateful ideology.”

In an interview with MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” just last week, Trump boasted about his relationship with Muslims.

“I have many Muslim friends,” the real estate mogul said. “They’re wonderful people.”

pastarocket 12-07-2015 02:51 PM

-inb4 the Donald Trump memes appear on this thread. :troll:

murd0c 12-07-2015 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pastarocket (Post 8705368)
-inb4 the Donald Trump memes appear on this thread. :troll:

http://s28.postimg.org/fl864dgql/untitled.png

willystyle 12-07-2015 05:30 PM

If this guy becomes president, I'll lose complete hope in America.

MG1 12-07-2015 05:52 PM

America deserves Trump.

Okay, that was bad.............. I'm sorry, America. Here I thought Bush (both of them) was bad. This guy is a total fucktard/nutjob. Not sure if he's trolling, though. Any publicity is good publicity, right?

My guess is, he wasn't beaten up enough in prep school. Come to think of it, maybe it was getting beaten up everyday that turned him into who he is. Money over common sense - brains and class. His friends are only friends because. I would never trade places with him. He's arrogant, pompous, .......... in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump." just an example......... so solly.

Trump rhymes with chump, lol.

MG1 12-07-2015 05:55 PM

Why not ban all jews? oh wait................ CIC

:troll:

Hondaracer 12-07-2015 06:05 PM

whats funny is people get their panties in a knot over everything he says

it's obviously a huge facade, he'll say anything to get people going, and with it he gains more pub and more followers.

I bet you a HUGE portion of the population couldn't name 2 other candidates

drunkhomer 12-07-2015 06:23 PM

scottsman 12-07-2015 07:35 PM

I actually have quite a few American friends that support a Trump/Carson card. The state of affairs in the US is shocking. Regardless of liking or disliking Obama, it seemed like a lot of the world rallied around the US when they elected him president. Now the way they treat him and the way the election is going it looks like they will only become more of a joke than they already are.

StylinRed 12-07-2015 08:22 PM

he's not the only one making insane statements, most his running mates have too! it's just that it seems trump has gotten the most attention

that supposed neurosurgeon has made just as insane, if not worse, comments

the pilsbury doughboy too, etc etc

murd0c 12-07-2015 08:56 PM

Seems like a lot of Americans like Bernie Sanders as well.. All I know is he's old as fuck and wants to legalize weed

will068 12-07-2015 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murd0c (Post 8705501)
Seems like a lot of Americans like Bernie Sanders as well.. All I know is he's old as fuck and wants to legalize weed

Bernie is the real deal. He's the only hope for america among the candidates in both parties.

People like trump and bernie because they do not have super pacs backing them.

68style 12-07-2015 11:53 PM

:Popcorn:Popcorn:Popcorn:Popcorn:Popcorn

SkinnyPupp 12-08-2015 02:15 AM

Pretty sure he's a Democrat plant to make sure they win

I can't believe the two GOP front runners are two fucking insane people.. :fulloffuck:

El Bastardo 12-08-2015 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottsman (Post 8705458)
I actually have quite a few American friends that support a Trump/Carson card. The state of affairs in the US is shocking. Regardless of liking or disliking Obama, it seemed like a lot of the world rallied around the US when they elected him president. Now the way they treat him and the way the election is going it looks like they will only become more of a joke than they already are.

I drive around and see a few Ben Carson bumper stickers, but never a Trump one. Whats going on today will not be what goes on in November.

The republicans will find an adult to run in November.

On my way home the other day I saw a "One Big Ass Mistake America" sticker. Predictably, it was jacked up pickup truck.

A lot of the people with those attitudes around here remind me of the people from my home town who left high school to work the oilfield (and are now offing themselvesindroves. But the only difference is that there are less Confederate flags on trucks here then there are in Courtenay.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8705554)
Pretty sure he's a Democrat plant to make sure they win

I can't believe the two GOP front runners are two fucking insane people.. :fulloffuck:

Ted Cruz is considered the "serious" candidate. Ben Carson's support seriously waned after his crazy slipped out.

Trump may switch up and start to pretend to be a real candidate after bullying the rest of the Republican party choices. Doesn't mean he'll get elected though.

supafamous 12-08-2015 07:47 AM

6o4__boi 12-08-2015 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp (Post 8705554)

but do you really?
The GOP has been fielding psychopaths and retards for years if not decades.

El Bastardo 12-08-2015 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6o4__boi (Post 8705572)
but do you really?
The GOP has been fielding psychopaths and retards for years if not decades.

Quote:

In American politics, the Southern strategy refers to a strategy by some Republican Party candidates of gaining political support in the Southern United States by appealing to racism against African Americans
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy

Its a shame because it was the party of Lincoln. They tout the fact that their party supported abolitionism but conveniently forget they supported and created Jim Crow laws.

Acura604 12-08-2015 10:05 AM

http://i.imgur.com/18CVvx4.jpg

Harvey Specter 12-08-2015 11:45 AM

The Republican nomination will probably end in a brokered convention. No way in hell is the "establishment" GOP going to let him run in general election and basically have him destroy the Republican party brand for years to come.

And I guess the dems plan to plant Trump in the GOP race worked out perfectly for Hillary. :fullofwin:

Mr.HappySilp 12-08-2015 11:52 AM

White House says Trump’s plan to ban Muslims ‘disqualifies’ him from presidency

White House says Trump?s plan to ban Muslims ?disqualifies? him from presidency - National | Globalnews.ca

The White House said Tuesday that Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump’s plan to ban Muslims from entering the United States disqualifies him from being president.

“What Donald Trump said yesterday disqualifies him serving as president,” White House press secretary Josh Earnest said. “And for Republican candidates for president, to stand by their pledge to support Mr. Trump, that in and of itself is disqualifying.”

Earnest said that the first thing a president does when he or she takes the oath of office is to swear an oath to “preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

READ MORE: Donald Trump compared to Adolf Hitler, Lord Voldemort after Muslim ban proposal

“What he said is disqualifying,” Earnest said. “Any Republican who’s too fearful of the Republican base to admit it has no business serving as president either.”

During a campaign rally on Monday, Trump called for a “total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States.”

“Our country cannot be the victim of horrendous attacks by people that believe only in jihad and have no sense of reason or respect for human life,” Trump said.

Earnest described Trump’s campaign as a “carnival-barker routine” and urged other Republican presidential candidates not to support Trump if he becomes the party’s nominee.

Earlier Tuesday House Speaker Paul Ryan told reporters that Trump’s proposal “is not conservatism.”

“What was proposed yesterday is not what this party stands for and more importantly, it’s not what this country stands for,” Ryan said. “More importantly it’s not what this country stands for. Not only there are many Muslims serving in our Armed Forces, dying for this country, there are Muslims serving right here in the House working every day to uphold and to defend the Constitution.”

In reaction to Trump’s proposal on Monday, the Council on American–Islamic Relations (CAIR) said “Donald Trump sounds more like a leader of a lynch mob than a great nation like ours.”

“He and others are playing into the hands of ISIS. This is exactly what ISIS wants from Americans to turn against each other,” Nihad Awad, executive director of CAIR, said at a press conference.

–with a file from The Associated Press

Harvey Specter 12-08-2015 12:08 PM

Joe Scarborough Ends Donald Trump Interview After Muslim Ban Comments - Us Weekly

StylinRed 12-08-2015 07:55 PM

Anti Islamic rhetoric is increasing ever so in the USA and it seems they're the makeup of Trumps base, so i guess it makes sense to him to play it up

the BBC has an interesting article The fear of being Muslim in North America - BBC News

Quote:

After terror attacks in Paris and California, Muslims in North America are facing a sometimes violent backlash.

Omar Suleiman, a resident scholar at the Valley Ranch Islamic Center in Irving, Texas, was out of the country when he got word from his wife that their home address had just been published along with dozens of others by an anti-Islamic organisation.

The group, which had just held an armed protest outside the Islamic Center of Irving, got Suleiman's address
because he registered to speak at a city council meeting back in March. He was asking the city council not to support a state bill that many in the Muslim community viewed as anti-Islamic.

Now, the address of the home he shares with his wife and two young children was all over the internet. Suleiman cut the trip short and flew back. Even though the list was eventually removed from the web, Suleiman and his wife were terrified.

"Hundreds of thousands of Islamophobes have our home address," he says. "It was a means of intimidation."

Anti-Muslim rhetoric is nothing new in North America. It was rampant in the Canadian election, when incumbent prime minister Stephen Harper made eliminating the niqab at naturalisation ceremonies a cornerstone of his campaign. It was also a factor long bubbling under the surface of the US presidential election - a poll in September found that one-third of Iowan Republicans think Islam should be outlawed.

But in the aftermath of terror attacks in Paris and in San Bernardino, California, anti-Islamic speech has risen to the surface of American political discourse, as evidenced by the latest proposal by presidential candidate Donald Trump that would bar any Muslim from entering the US.

"Our country cannot be the victims of horrendous attacks by people who believe only in jihad," wrote Trump in a press release.

While Trump has no power to enact such a ban, Muslims living in Canada and the US say his words and anti-Islamic rhetoric in general have a real impact on daily life.

"I've been doing this for decades and I've never seen this level of fear in the American Muslim community," says Ibrahim Hooper, national communications director for the Council on American-Islamic Relations. "People are really wondering what's going to happen to them."

Some mosques have actually hired security guards or recruited volunteers to keep a watchful eye on the doors and parking lot. But as a religious centre that is supposed to welcome everyone, these measures can only go so far.

Umar Lee, a professional expediter who is often on the road, goes to prayers at the local mosque in whatever city he happens to be in. He says for the first time, he's being asked to stand up and introduce himself to the rest of the congregation.

"I've never seen that at a mosque before and I've been to hundreds," he says.

Members of Congress and media were invited to visit the Friday Prayers at the mosque two weeks after it was attacked with Molotov cocktails and a hoax bomb.

There is also particular concern for Muslim women, who are more easily identified if they wear a hijab or niqab that covers the head.

In New York, a sixth grade girl was attacked on the playground and called a member of the Islamic State for wearing a hijab. One woman in Toronto was called a terrorist, punched in the stomach and face, and her hijab was wrenched off her head. Another woman in Toronto was violently shoved against a wall and told to go back to her country, even though she was not Muslim and was wearing a scarf over her ears because of the cold.

The attacks inspired the online movement #JeSuisHijabi, which encourages non-Muslim women to try on a hijab and meet in public spaces to talk about the meaning behind the headscarves.

"In trying times like these it is certainly more difficult to wear the hijab. With that said, are Canadian women going to stop wearing the hijab because of this? No," says Hena Malik, spokeswoman for the Ahmadiyya Muslim Jama`at, which started the campaign. "They're loyal to their country. They're certainly going to speak loudly against terrorism."

Muslims across the US and Canada say that anxiety in the community often starts on social media. One person shares a story of being spat on, cursed at, or even assaulted, and fear spreads.

Lee says he thinks that vigilance is important, but worries that mass hysteria could prevent Muslims from practising their religion.

"When you scare people away from going to the mosque and participating in the lives of the Muslim community you can spiritually harm people. You have people on the edge - they had a hardship or they're just returning to Islam... they really need Islam in their lives in that time," he says. "To scare that person is irresponsible."

Suleiman heard from so many men afraid to pray openly and women asking if it was alright to remove their headscarves that he put out a video on YouTube to assure them from a scholarly perspective that removing the headscarf or skipping prayers is alright if they fear for their safety. But he also wanted to offer words of support and galvanise the Muslim community in Texas.

"It's important for Muslim men and Muslim women to maintain a strong identity," he says. "We can't let fear dictate our faith. We have to show resilience."

At the same time, he was dismayed to hear that yet another rally is being planned outside of the Irving mosque, this one is organised by the Klu Klux Klan.

"To hear the KKK is still around and organising something - it really, really, really just was a huge wake up call as to how far we're regressing with the rhetoric," he says.

Harvey Specter 12-08-2015 08:09 PM

http://meconstructionnews.com/upload...a-by-DAMAC.jpg

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/incom...a_Damac_83.jpg

http://www1.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/C...tm89_JtEUl.jpg

http://www.propgoluxury.com/Images/A.../10604_400.jpg

He sure loves to do business with Muslims.

supafamous 12-08-2015 09:25 PM

Boy, Ivanka Trump...