REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Food & Fine Dining

Food & Fine Dining Hungry? Come on down to Wings - Fun, Food and Drinks.
Top Restaurants in town? Got a good recipe to share? Share culinary info or post up photos of your delicious dish. #revsceneVLS

Old 12-07-2015, 07:35 PM   #1
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,645 Times in 446 Posts
Glowbal at Telus garden

So Hows the new Glowbal place?

Looking to do a dinner with a group of friends and wanting somewhere w/ a private room for around ~15 people.
I'm curious in trying this place out since its new, but not sure how good is the food.

Other options that i'm thinking of include Arctic room at Blue Water Cafe or Yew at the Four seasons

Open to other options as well, basically looking for a casual dinner environment where friends can chat, have good food and watch the nucks game in the back ground
Advertisement
skiiipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 07:41 PM   #2
#deephouse

Thanked 4,704 Times in 1,243 Posts
Food is okay glowbal like all their establishments , blue water cafe will be way better.
Old 12-07-2015, 07:44 PM   #3
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
Ever since Glowbal started to chain out. Their service started to get shittier and shittier, i refuse to go there now, to any of their locations.

The only location I actually had a good experience in was their Yaletown one, every other location sucked.

The screwed up the reservations (made reso for 8 booked a full week and half in advanced, they had it in their system for 2, then had to wait another hour for them to wait for something to open up, we had told them before it was for a celebration, so we had our whole party around the bar and most of us don't even drink for an hour), they screwed up orders, servers never came around to refill water or drinks even after we asked, just a lot of mistakes.

I have been to 3 locations but now have given up on them all together.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-07-2015, 08:11 PM   #4
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

went for my gfs bday. had a great time! service was attentative and wagyu steak was phenomenal.

Last edited by jshen; 12-08-2015 at 11:15 AM.
jshen is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-07-2015, 10:29 PM   #5
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

went there with a group of 8 people, nice decor, nice atmosphere but food is very mediocre and drinks took forever to come...
drunkhomer is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-08-2015, 09:29 AM   #6
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,343 Times in 971 Posts
for 15 people u might be able to reserve the room upstairs.

i would NOT go to blue water cafe.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-08-2015, 12:18 PM   #7
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,322 Times in 5,640 Posts
Lol this place is a joke.

Dad works out of an office right next door in the Scotia tower, met him and some of his colleagues after work for appies and a drink.

Everyone we were with was older successful business men and women who work in the office and their attitude and service was an absolute joke. The woman serving us gave us nothing but attitude trying to make a table for 8 people. Then the floor manager clown gave us nothing but bad looks as she was asking what to do. Essentially the vibe was, it would be better if you weren't here.

Totally accommodating for the two-three young girls spending fucking nothing drinking water and splitting an appy, yet -everything- was a pain when it came to us.

won't repeat, wouldn't tecomnend.

Glowbal places were shit before I had this experience anyways.
Old 12-08-2015, 09:57 PM   #8
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,645 Times in 446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post
Lol this place is a joke.

Dad works out of an office right next door in the Scotia tower, met him and some of his colleagues after work for appies and a drink.

Everyone we were with was older successful business men and women who work in the office and their attitude and service was an absolute joke. The woman serving us gave us nothing but attitude trying to make a table for 8 people. Then the floor manager clown gave us nothing but bad looks as she was asking what to do. Essentially the vibe was, it would be better if you weren't here.

Totally accommodating for the two-three young girls spending fucking nothing drinking water and splitting an appy, yet -everything- was a pain when it came to us.

won't repeat, wouldn't tecomnend.

Glowbal places were shit before I had this experience anyways.
sounds like the service doesn't live up to the "hype"

any other places you would recommend? (or anybody on RS)
looking for private dining room
looking for a wide price range in menu...ie. $20-30 entree for people who don't want to spend a lot as well as some more expensive stuff
looking for good food and good ambiance too

maybe Miku private dining room? but honestly after my recent Japan trip, i really don't know if I can have sushi anywhere else again haha
skiiipi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 10:28 PM   #9
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,934 Times in 494 Posts
Blue Water.

Customer service is top-notch every time I go.

No mistakes.

no let downs.

Just great service.

The food quality is always consistent.

I hosted a few private occasions of 15 to 45 people (Pacific and Arctic Room), and they always have more than enough servers to serve the entire room.

You can also ask for the personal sushi making event and cocktail making event for your 15 guests.

It is worth it and your guests will remember it.

Yew, is so so for service (for small tables, not 15+ people gatherings).
Marshall Placid is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-09-2015, 10:35 PM   #10
RS Veteran

Thanked 10,501 Times in 4,306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiiipi View Post
sounds like the service doesn't live up to the "hype"
With all due respect, but service is not one of Glowbal Group's forte. There never was any hype.

I'm afraid I can't recommend anything, but your best bet is certainly to take your money somewhere else.

Her car even smelled nice. Like a mixture of luxury perfume and a hint of….. vag ? Fish sauce ? Something a bit dank
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 12-11-2015, 06:34 PM   #11
Director of RS Cares

How anyone thinks Glowbal is tasty in any aspect is beyond me. Besides having an awesome business plan (you gotta give credit to them for making their company so big) the food is subpar.

I personally love Blue Water for the food and service, but if you're looking to spend $20-30 for those who don't want to spend much..it's not going to go very far.