REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 01-07-2016, 02:50 PM   #26
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

fucking booked!!! february 7th out of sao paulo to delhi....so pumped!!!
Advertisement
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 10:23 AM   #27
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,452 Times in 986 Posts
i planning to go next winter. let me know how your trip went! i'm used to backpacking and travelling in dirty places so i'll adjust pretty easily. my gf is a little more clean freakish but she can understand hindi so it should be a good time.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 07:19 AM   #28

fly out sunday!!!

we've booked to fly out of Kochi on March 8th to KL then up to Surat Thani (Thailand) the same day.
Old 02-07-2016, 07:51 AM   #29
YOU CANT CUT BACK ON FUNDING! YOU WILL REGRET THIS

Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
i planning to go next winter. let me know how your trip went! i'm used to backpacking and travelling in dirty places so i'll adjust pretty easily. my gf is a little more clean freakish but she can understand hindi so it should be a good time.

No, you don't get it. India is next level (been to Mumbai and Delhi, Delhi is master level of filthy)
Old 02-09-2016, 05:32 PM   #30

haha ya here now, this place is insane lol

heading to agra tomorrow morning
This post thanked by:
Old 02-09-2016, 06:38 PM   #31
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
Agra is filthy AF. Except when youre in the compound of the Taj Mahal.

Hopefully you're not spending the night there. I went there for a day trip from Delhi.

I took the train everywhere, its very efficient. Just be sure to pre-book the trains and get a pre booked cabin, not a general boarding ticket. lol.
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 08:36 PM   #32
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,621 Times in 684 Posts
If you're staying in Dehli for a bit, I highly recommend going to one of the Government Tourist Agencies to book a driver to take you around the sights. There is LOTs to see from Red Fort to various Temple in Dehli. I just came back from a trip in December and think I still have the card in my wallet of the agency I used. I could even call them when the time comes to talk to them for you. PM if you're interested.

If you're looking to travel to other states in India (Punjab, etc,) I swear by the Indo Canadian bus. The business class bus is LEGIT, very affordable and full of comfort and luxury. AVOID the trains, I've never enjoyed sitting in them.

Old 02-12-2016, 05:29 AM   #33

in jaipur now, took the morning train from Delhi to Agra (yes it is a shit hole) for the day then the evening train to Jaipur....we had sleeper class tickets. really not that bad, but far from great lol

loving the country so far....elephants, camels, bulls, cows, goats, pigs and that's all on the side of the road lol

traffic here is insane and the no shits given attitude of everyone from the cars to rickshaws to people walking across the road just makes it that much crazier

we booked all our tickets for the trains while still in delhi all the way to mumbai. heading to jaisalmer tomorrow night for a 3 day 2 night camel trek then down to jodhpur then udiapur then mumbai. figuring out the scams and tourist schemes took a day or so in delhi to figure out. the first "government tourist office" that we were told we had to check into which obviously was just a travel shop, was trying to sell us on hiring a car for 10 days at $65 a day, i pretty much just laughed and walked out the door. booked all the necessary trains plus more than the car would have covered for a fraction of the cost. hiring rickshaws as needed is super easy. even got on Uber tonight and got a nice ride in a car for less than what some girls at our guesthouse paid for rickshaw to the restaurant we went to. definitely using uber when possible now. rickshaws love to jack up the price (sure it's only a couple canadian dollars but still)

fuck did i miss food with flavor, uh the food has been great so far (albeit we've stayed more towards the touristy restaurants for the most part, still only like $9 for a meal to feed the both of us)