REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Food & Fine Dining (https://www.revscene.net/forums/food-fine-dining_33/)
-   -   Best chinese bbq & hainanese chicken places (https://www.revscene.net/forums/706690-best-chinese-bbq-hainanese-chicken-places.html)

MuranoGO-15 12-11-2015 05:31 PM

Best chinese bbq & hainanese chicken places

I'm still searching for the place in the lower mainland that has the best chinese bbq items. I'm referring to like bbq pork, soy chicken, roast pork & stuff. Who is the best that you guys have tried. I'm not really concerned with the prices, just whomever is the tastiest and juiciest! I find alot of places there meats are really dry! I've had it mostly at TNT, the one in Metrotown seems to make the best bbq items compared to their other locations! Some places don't serve you the soy sauce or au jus dripping sauce for dipping or give you the green onion with ginger sauce that is so important to eat these things with!

Also, I love hainanese chicken, and was wondering if anybody found a good place for that too?

Vansterdam 12-11-2015 05:46 PM

https://www.zomato.com/vancouver/hk-...hmond-richmond
HK BBQ Master

while your there hit up aberdeen mall food court Cafe D'Lite Express for their Hainanese chicken

you gotta ask for those sauces sometimes or they wont give you em

MuranoGO-15 12-11-2015 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vansterdam (Post 8706582)
https://www.zomato.com/vancouver/hk-...hmond-richmond
HK BBQ Master

while your there hit up aberdeen mall food court Cafe D'Lite Express for their Hainanese chicken

you gotta ask for those sauces sometimes or they wont give you em

Ohh HK BBQ Master, I seen it once while I was at the superstore there, but never knew it was good. I will sure to try that place!

I go to the car sticker/accessories place in aberdeen mall alot (the one besides H-mart), and I will make sure to go upstairs to try the hainanese chicken at Cafe D'lite Express for sure! :D

miss_crayon 12-11-2015 06:29 PM

BBQ Meats; HK BBQ Master. Kam Gok Yuen was my favorite in Chinatown before they burned down though.. :(

Hainanese chicken: City 1 Cafe on Oak/King Ed next to the Safeway. I was just there today actually cause I was craving it. Cafe D'lite isn't bad either. I just wish Mama Lee's (on Broadway) had better service..

TypeRNammer 12-11-2015 06:33 PM

For BBQ Pork it's BBQ Master hands down.

It's pricier than other places but for a good reason!

zilley 12-11-2015 06:36 PM

mamalee aint bad.

Gnomes 12-11-2015 06:48 PM

I'm a real fan of Chong Lee. Roasted pork is slightly cheaper than most places yet more delicious than most. BBQ pork (Cha sui) is godly ONLY if you ask to pour some of the 'soup' onto it (the cha sui soup has BBQ duck fat dripping into it). Their BBQ pork does not have the 'left over' taste even after a couple of nights in fridge.

dlo 12-11-2015 06:51 PM

mama lee is pretty trash now.. went recently and it was juss bad..
hk bbq master is the best for chinese bbq haha

Groot 12-11-2015 07:09 PM

mamalee stingy af lol just go cafe d'lite at the food court. owned by the same ppl..

6793026 12-11-2015 07:36 PM

Mama Lee is really "ma ma day" *sorry for the stupid joke. It did say their service suck due to low level of staff so I gave them that.

The chicken wasn't that epic, yes it's boneless but there was nothing special about it. I do like it when I get pickled dicon and carrots and some salty nuts to go with it and all they had was just cucumber.

The rice is NOT oily which I was impressed. It did a good taste to it but when you get "yellow oil rice" you expect it to be flavored with depth and a tad of oil.

I'm not bashing mamalee, cause to be honest, I haven't tried making it myself. just wouldn't bother going there for it.

Prata-Man Singapore Cuisine in Richmond woudl be my choice for hainanese chicken.

winson604 12-11-2015 08:59 PM

BBQ Master, of course no doubt so I won't talk much on them.

My other favorite place is Master Hung BBQ. Soy chicken is their specialty but their BBQ Meats overall are solid. It's overall a great place to eat in general.

https://www.zomato.com/vancouver/mas...hmond-richmond

PiuYi 12-12-2015 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6793026 (Post 8706620)
Prata-Man Singapore Cuisine in Richmond woudl be my choice for hainanese chicken.

saw them clipping nails in the kitchen one time years ago and never went back :heckno:

my favourite is Coco Hut in Union Square, good price + quality, Cafe D'Lite flavour is a little strong for me

guurl 12-12-2015 10:12 AM

bbq at bbq master in richmond where superstore is
i still like the hainan chicken and rice at mui garden better than mama lee

Galactic_Phantom 12-12-2015 11:28 AM

Parker Place's chinese bbq (the one next to hsbc) is also pretty good. Plus, they have whole BBQ gooses for sale (you might have to order in advance), something most places don't have

jinxcrusader 12-13-2015 10:05 AM

Isn't the place on Main that's famous for their curry brisket rice also pretty popular for Haianese chicken? What was it called? Mui Garden?

Groot 12-13-2015 11:44 AM

Coco hut just needs a better chili sauce

gawesome 12-13-2015 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jinxcrusader (Post 8706968)
Isn't the place on Main that's famous for their curry brisket rice also pretty popular for Haianese chicken? What was it called? Mui Garden?

That's on victoria drive and 41st. I go there all the time for the curry brisket and hainan chicken since I live close by.

Ikkaku 12-13-2015 12:38 PM

+1 for coco hut as well!

Quote:

Originally Posted by gawesome (Post 8706980)
That's on victoria drive and 41st. I go there all the time for the curry brisket and hainan chicken since I live close by.

There are multiple locations, including one in Richmond.

Expresso 12-14-2015 11:42 AM

Is there recipes for the red sauce?

MASTER_J 12-14-2015 01:13 PM

I wasn't impressed with Mamalee, I like Mui Garden better.

For bbq meats other than bbq master, Lee Loy in Chinatown is pretty money

Teriyaki 12-14-2015 04:02 PM

Odd no one has brought up John 3:16 Malaysian Delights. Very hole in the wall place, but I love their hainanese chicken.

red_2 12-14-2015 11:58 PM

IMO BBQ Master has gone way down hill...pork is very porky tasting and the duck is always burnt.

I tried a new place (don't know the name) but its like right next door to Richmond Sushi and it recently opened. Very high quality in BBQ meat and its my go to spot. Moist cha siu and crisp (not burnt) BBQ duck and roast pork that has a clean flavour and super crunch to it.

For hainanese chicken Aberdeen food court is probably one f the best in town.

guurl 12-15-2015 12:22 AM

what does porky tasting mean? it is pork after all

Fcukedd 12-18-2015 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss_crayon (Post 8706596)
BBQ Meats; HK BBQ Master. Kam Gok Yuen was my favorite in Chinatown before they burned down though.. :(

Hainanese chicken: City 1 Cafe on Oak/King Ed next to the Safeway. I was just there today actually cause I was craving it. Cafe D'lite isn't bad either. I just wish Mama Lee's (on Broadway) had better service..

+1 on City 1 Cafe

Way better than Cafe D'lite and Mama Lee's IMO

MuranoGO-15 12-20-2015 11:49 AM

Thanks guys, I'm going to hit HK BBQ Master soon (next week) and I really want to try the City 1 Care hainanese asap! But I'm making a list of all the ones you guys mentioned, and will hit them 1-by-1 :)