REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-off-topic-current-events_50/)
-   -   Remember the Elisa Lam suicide? Inside the Haunted Cecil Hotel (https://www.revscene.net/forums/706758-remember-elisa-lam-suicide-inside-haunted-cecil-hotel.html)

Harvey Specter 12-17-2015 12:57 AM

Remember the Elisa Lam suicide? Inside the Haunted Cecil Hotel

This is one creepy ass hotel...

http://media.details.com/photos/5662...or-story-2.jpg

http://media.details.com/photos/5662...or-story-7.jpg

Quote:

Inside the Haunted Hotel that Inspired American Horror Story
Welcome to the Cecil Hotel, the infamous home of suicides and serial killers on L.A.'s Skid Row. Now, as American Horror Story shines a spotlight on the Cecil's grisly past, one of America's top developers is attempting to resurrect and rebrand it. Can the country's most cursed address really become the latest hipster hot spot?
Quote:

Are you ready to sign your life away?"

That's what the receptionist asked the day I checked into the Cecil Hotel in Los Angeles. I would say I was taken aback—were this not among the most cursed addresses in America, the site of shocking murders and untold suicides, the erstwhile home of junkies, prostitutes, sex offenders, and serial killers.

Over the decades, the Cecil's history had grown so dark and sinister that by February 2013, it seemed to have infected the hotel's very infrastructure: The water ran a bilious shade of black before turning clear and even then had a pungent, tangy taste to it.

For days, guests said nothing; after all, this was a near-century-old structure in the heart of Skid Row. Then, on February 19, following a rash of complaints to the front desk, a maintenance worker named Santiago Lopez was sent to inspect the rooftop water tanks. There, in one of four eight-foot-tall cisterns, he discovered the naked, bloated body of a young woman, her skin marbled and visibly decomposing. "I noticed the hatch to the main water tank was open and looked inside and saw an Asian woman lying faceup in the water," Lopez recalled in court documents.

The body belonged to 21-year-old Elisa Lam, a Canadian student who had checked into the Cecil on January 26 and was last seen alive in a grainy elevator video from January 31. In it, Lam, who had previously been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, steps into the elevator alone, appearing agitated. She shifts from foot to foot, dances a spastic two-step, and ultimately disappears off-camera before the doors silently slide shut behind her.

After Lam's parents reported her missing, cops and cadaver dogs searched all 15 floors of the hotel—including the rooftop—and found nothing: At the time, nobody thought to look in the cisterns. And so guests drank and bathed in the water contaminated by Lam's corpse for as long as 19 days.

It is still unclear how the young woman made it to the roof undetected, let alone into the tank; to do so would have required disabling the alarm system. Maybe she found her own way up, on a manic mission divorced from reality. Or perhaps she just chatted up the wrong drifter in a neighborhood full of them. Her cell phone was never recovered. The coroner would ultimately rule her death an accident.

Continue reading at...Inside the Haunted Hotel that Inspired American Horror Story | Details

Akinari 12-17-2015 01:35 AM

Not closed, just renamed Stay on Main :heckno:

Verdasco 12-17-2015 07:21 AM

if I would ever stay in there... :fuckthatshit:

6o4__boi 12-17-2015 07:55 AM

definitely a hookers and blow type of hotel

320icar 12-17-2015 08:52 AM

No way that was suicide.. Just saying. Seems insensitive to say so

jjson 12-17-2015 09:34 AM

First pic totally reminds me of the mansion hallways in resident evil zero...

Spoon 12-17-2015 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harvey Specter (Post 8708293)
This is one creepy ass hotel...

If you didn't know the history behind it, it just looks like a dumpy hotel. 99% of it is in your head. And it's sad to see people try to market and capitalize off this place on such a tragedy.

I don't believe in this hocus pocus bullshit. But I hope people who are going only for the thrills die a tragic death.

SumAznGuy 12-17-2015 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spoon (Post 8708414)
If you didn't know the history behind it, it just looks like a dumpy hotel. 99% of it is in your head. And it's sad to see people try to market and capitalize off this place on such a tragedy.

I don't believe in this hocus pocus bullshit. But I hope people who are going only for the thrills die a tragic death.

What's the story behind the hotel?

Sid Vicious 12-17-2015 10:57 AM

its 2015 and people still believe in ghosts and hauntings fucking lol

murd0c 12-17-2015 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SumAznGuy (Post 8708423)
What's the story behind the hotel?

This is a great article about what has happened at the hotel

Before the ghost photo: The disturbing, gruesome past of the Cecil Hotel

matrixfwd 12-17-2015 06:31 PM

Wasn't the latest season of American Horror Story - Hotel, based it on this hotel?

Nlkko 12-17-2015 07:44 PM

No ghosts just a lot of nutjobs.

Ludepower 12-17-2015 09:32 PM

why the need to go that far.
Hotels on Hastings should do the trick.

westopher 12-17-2015 10:26 PM

This is one of those stories that scares me so much it makes my stomach turn. Nothing, and I mean nothing is more terrifying to me than the thought of your own mind turning on you, which is what I believe Elisa Lam went through.

CRS 12-18-2015 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matrixfwd (Post 8708548)
Wasn't the latest season of American Horror Story - Hotel, based it on this hotel?

It is the very same hotel.

mr_chin 12-18-2015 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sid Vicious (Post 8708426)
its 2015 and people still believe in ghosts and hauntings fucking lol

So as time progresses, ghosts are suppose to just gradually disappear? Lol.

Sid Vicious 12-18-2015 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_chin (Post 8708660)
So as time progresses, ghosts are suppose to just gradually disappear? Lol.

No, as time progresses people hopefully become more informed.

like people back then thought sleep paralysis were like demonic possessions or alien abductions. or that epileptic seizures were demonic possession.

also in the case of ghosts...low frequency sounds and scary surroundings can cause hallucinations

!LittleDragon 12-18-2015 03:41 PM

Werd... next time you hear someone say that ghosts are made of pure energy.... ask them how many Joules they think a typical ghost has...

Or ask them if the following makes sense... if ghosts=E and E=MC2 then ghosts=MC2

FerrariEnzo 12-18-2015 04:25 PM

RS group trip and book the entire hotel and lets go Ghostbusters on this shit... if it fails, PAINTBALL!

Hondaracer 12-18-2015 05:08 PM

Elisa lam? oh yea that Girl people thought they cared about for 5 minutes

BrRsn 12-18-2015 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6o4__boi (Post 8708343)
definitely a hookers and blow type of hotel

you can make any hotel a hookers and blow hotel if you got the right numbers

pm me