REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 12-29-2015, 05:49 PM   #26
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eff-1 View Post
Why don't you stop letting shops just clear the code and/or resetting the battery and/or trying to check things yourself and instead just take it to a shop to diagnose and fix once and for all. You even admitted the light's been on and off now for a few months. It's there for a reason-- to let you know there's a problem that needs fixing. There are so many options that have been mentioned in different threads many times in the past: Garage5, Speed Syndicate, etc...

Also a quick google search brings up possible causes/solutions.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=mazda...sm=91&ie=UTF-8

Then once resolved, let us know what the issue was.
lol, I only took it to the shop once so far and I thought they fixed it when I was leaving. Shops aren't open every day, nor can they fit me in every day.
So while I'm waiting for my next appointment, I'm trying things on my own to fix it, including suggestions I'm getting in here.

I expect everything done once and for all tomorrow. Will keep you guys updated.
Thanks for all the help so far.
Advertisement
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 12:44 PM   #27
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,985 Times in 1,690 Posts
Evap Purge Solenoid Valve needed to be replaced.

Got charged an arm/leg for the part and labour, but kind of expected it already so

This has been dragged on too long, so I just got them to do the rest of the work after diagnosing it, cause I didn't want to spend any more time trying to hunt down for the part and DIY, in case I get the wrong part or I install it incorrectly, etc

I didn't want to take my car back for a 3rd time.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
AzNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote