REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 09-09-2016, 11:21 AM   #201
HELP ME PLS!!!

Thanked 1,379 Times in 478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
You can get a better deal. Just tell them a Telus representative came knocking on your door and gave you a way better deal. Shaw will do anything to keep you as a customer. I shit you not. Just quote what others in this thread are getting. I saved over 40 bucks/month and got way faster Internet. One year's worth of stuff for free on a two year contract. They were going to give me three months at first, but when I mentioned Telus was going to give me two hundred dollars switching incentive, that's when they started giving me more. Extended the freebies to one full year.

I'm all jelly with the Internet speed lilaznviper is getting, but too late. I signed up with Shaw. 174 download, but only 15 upload.
most people use the download only and not upload. I use more upload than download since i sometimes work at home and need to upload files. now my home internet is almost caught up to work internet speeds... need telus to roll out 1Gbps connections at a reasonable price then i'll be happy
Advertisement
lilaznviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 01:49 PM   #202
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,497 Times in 4,892 Posts
Fucking Gateway PVR. I've never used anything so unintuitive........ who the hell designs this shit?

I went from three Motorola PVRs, which were very easy to use to this useless POS.

The user interface is so unnatural.

It must have been designed by some 40 year old virgin.............

Anyway, it is what it is. As long as I can record Walking Dead and the odd Blue Jays games here and there, I'll survive.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 01:53 PM   #203
private modder

Thanked 2,606 Times in 732 Posts
I hope the Jays win this weekend...
Eff-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 01:59 PM   #204
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Quote:
Fucking Gateway PVR. I've never used anything so unintuitive........ who the hell designs this shit?

I went from three Motorola PVRs, which were very easy to use to this useless POS.

Anyway, it is what it is. As long as I can record Walking Dead and the odd Blue Jays games here and there, I'll survive.
I just got mine yesterday and don't like it either. UI sucks as you mentioned. Why the hell do you have to press left arrow to go back on some screens, and then the back button on others? The remote is not very intuitive either, and I've noticed the picture quality is worse than the old Arris 3510-M boxes. Still wondering if I can get them to put the old boxes back in and just have them as independent DVRs.
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 09-09-2016, 02:52 PM   #205
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
was paying $75.00 for shaw 30 download 5 upload

called and complained saying they have a promo for new customers only, and wouldn't give me shaw 150 for $79.90. They put it on hold for 5 minutes and gave me two years for $79.90 for 150 download , 15 upload. Done.
damn...i should call and do the same thing
i'm getting skinned for the same along with cable and the prices went up in august

i honestly only have cable for SNs and TSNs. If they had an HD package consisting of just all SNs and TSN channels for $20 i'd be in.
how does one get ahold of the retentions team with Shaw?
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 02:54 PM   #206
I subscribe to the Revscene NWS thread(s)

Easiest way is to call in and tell them you want to cancel your service. That or signing up for Telus will also send a cancellation request to Shaw as well.
syee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 05:29 PM   #207
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts

woot!

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 05:46 PM   #208
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
Why do you need to call retention for the Shaw 150? You can sign up on the website, they will call you and set up appointment. Cost nothing else. It is for existing Shaw customer as well.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 09:46 AM   #209

Thanked 4,984 Times in 995 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlkko View Post
Why do you need to call retention for the Shaw 150? You can sign up on the website, they will call you and set up appointment. Cost nothing else. It is for existing Shaw customer as well.
it isn't, you have to sign up as a new name.

I doint have to do an appointment, i had to do live chat on their website browser and pick up the modem at their store.

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 10:38 AM   #210
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Thanked 1,215 Times in 535 Posts
When I did it, just filled in the form on the site, selected available appointment, technician guy showed up 10 min in and out. Perhaps they changed the promo.
Nlkko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 12:17 PM   #211
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by syee View Post
Easiest way is to call in and tell them you want to cancel your service. That or signing up for Telus will also send a cancellation request to Shaw as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdasco View Post
it isn't, you have to sign up as a new name.

I doint have to do an appointment, i had to do live chat on their website browser and pick up the modem at their store.
ur mixing up 2 the current promos

1) existing customers can sign up for a 2 year contract and get internet 150 at $79.99/month for a 2 year term

2) new customers can sign up for a 2 year contract and have first year at $49.99/month and second year at $79.99/month
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 12:37 PM   #212
God of Unce

Best deal right now for new customer?
Old 09-19-2016, 06:10 PM   #213

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6o4__boi View Post
damn...i should call and do the same thing
i'm getting skinned for the same along with cable and the prices went up in august

i honestly only have cable for SNs and TSNs. If they had an HD package consisting of just all SNs and TSN channels for $20 i'd be in.
how does one get ahold of the retentions team with Shaw?
i got the same deal and my internet got slower WTF
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 07:02 PM   #214

just got off the phone with tech support and changed the channel

getting about 50 on my laptop (2.4) and well above 140 (5g) on my phone
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 08:55 PM   #215
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

yeah, woke up this morning with almost no throughput on my shaw 50 speed. I had a few channels say off broadcast on my gateway system in the last two days, but it didn't reoccur. I phoned in after doing all resets on my system and getting same results of next to nothing bandwidth. I haven't changed any new hardware since it was installed last year. I have an X8 Netgear in line with a Rogers home security nether router on same unit .I was instantly told by tech I would have to go change my modem out to a straight modem only and that if I wanted someone to look at my system it would cost $100. I barked over this and just went straight to retentions. The fellow initiated a reset by setting it to bridge mode and then we went back to default and it started to operate correctly. In the meantime I was offered $25 cheaper shaw open 150 , with an extra discount of $10 for 12 months for the hassle. It was two hrs of resetting and playing but I ended up with a better deal and 176 kbps from 64 (16 this morning). I am thankful for the retention fellow (Josh)for helping me through my original rantings and keeping me as a customer. Its nice to know that some people can actually do their job and set things right.
chuckcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 09:21 AM   #216
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,782 Times in 2,491 Posts
how exactly do you get in contact with retentions just ask to be transferred when connected with a CSR? i tried on chat to ask about cancelling and stuff and the agent never bothered transferring me to anyone and just kept talking to me.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 10:51 AM   #217
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

When you call into cancel your account , the CSR , will usually transfer you to the Loyalty Dept . At the time , you can talk to them about your account .
DBH123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 12:52 PM   #218
It's like going crazy when you're already nuts

Thanked 2,883 Times in 745 Posts

Way overkill for my folks but their plan is cheaper than before so they're happy
Old 10-10-2016, 07:30 AM   #219
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Thanked 2,191 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by syee View Post
I just got mine yesterday and don't like it either. UI sucks as you mentioned. Why the hell do you have to press left arrow to go back on some screens, and then the back button on others? The remote is not very intuitive either, and I've noticed the picture quality is worse than the old Arris 3510-M boxes. Still wondering if I can get them to put the old boxes back in and just have them as independent DVRs.
The reason why their UI suck is because cable guide (the guild form your old HD PVR) bought the right to the way how the guide looks. So basically if anyone use something that looks like the same (like how apple sue samsung for making a phone that have the same shape). Basically if Shaw make the guide in square cable guide can sue them.

So Shaw have to redo the whole UI to make it look different.
Mr.HappySilp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-10-2016, 07:33 AM   #220
reads most threads with his pants around his ankles, especially in the Forced Induction forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armind View Post
Best deal right now for new customer?
Net150 $49 for first year and 2nd year $89.00. 2 year contract. Is such a good deal. Telus have something like that as well. Novus offer Net100 at $49 for one year no contract so after one year you have to call back and see what they can offer. Is hard to tell you anything more since there haven't been anything like this out in the market before.
Old 10-10-2016, 09:09 AM   #221
God of Unce

Got that internet+tv bundle... thinking of getting rid of tv all I watch is hockey and the news =\
Old 10-10-2016, 09:15 AM   #222
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
The reason why their UI suck is because cable guide (the guild form your old HD PVR) bought the right to the way how the guide looks. So basically if anyone use something that looks like the same (like how apple sue samsung for making a phone that have the same shape). Basically if Shaw make the guide in square cable guide can sue them.

So Shaw have to redo the whole UI to make it look different.
the Motorola DCX 3200/3510-M r the only guides made by shaw in house. The old version of the Motorola guide and the current Arris guides are made by the vendor themselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 11:37 AM   #223

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOPEC View Post
the Motorola DCX 3200/3510-M r the only guides made by shaw in house. The old version of the Motorola guide and the current Arris guides are made by the vendor themselves.
And the reason they made them in house is to avoid paying cable guide. Is an old and stupid system. I actually like Telus TV guide is nice and clean. Shaw's gateway system just confuse out of me lol. But I guess is better than nothing.
BTW the old guide is not in HD. I had someone call in to complain @@
Old 10-11-2016, 02:03 PM   #224
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

New promo Popular TV $35 / month for 1 year no contracts msg me

nd Internet 60 for $50/month no contract as well free installations

Available only if you don't have it
guurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 02:46 PM   #225
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,241 Times in 573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armind View Post
Got that internet+tv bundle... thinking of getting rid of tv all I watch is hockey and the news =\
Just nerfed my TV package, all I watch is sports and figured I can always stream or torrent it afterwards.
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote