REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 01-19-2016, 11:05 PM   #1
I STILL don't get it

Suits! Help please!

Looking to get 3-5 suits. Can someone recommend me a solid yet affordable place to purchase 3-5 suits? Custom suits would be nice but i'm open to anything really. Budget is $350-450 per suit, possibly a little flexible depending on quality/service.
Advertisement
prudz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 11:57 PM   #2
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

At your price range, The Bay, Zara...etc.
A little more, Try Nordstrom.

I recently was shopping for a new suit as well.
Nordstrom had tons of suit on sale in late Dec. went there this past Monday and they still has a small section on sale at the corner of Men's department.
I found a piece that abit over my budget, but it worth the extra coin IMO.
Excellent Service there

BU

Last edited by Bender Unit; 01-20-2016 at 04:31 PM.
Bender Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 07:19 AM   #3
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,453 Times in 987 Posts
do you really need 3-5 suits at once?
two better quality suits will probably be more than enough.
medium/dark grey, and navy, and if you can squeeze the extra cash it doesnt hurt to have a black one.

i picked up a black suit a few weeks ago at jcrew, it was already on sale and then a 40% off sale discount, i paid like $350 for it.. now that's a steal.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-20-2016, 09:08 AM   #4
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Would definitely recommend Jcrew if you can get a good deal on it. Topman is definitely another option, not the best quality by any mean but at least it looks decent and you can probably pick one up for just around 300!

I know the CDN dollar sucks right now, but maybe try Nordstrom rack too they always have great deals on boss suits
AXKA. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 11:12 AM   #5
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by unit View Post
do you really need 3-5 suits at once?
two better quality suits will probably be more than enough.
medium/dark grey, and navy, and if you can squeeze the extra cash it doesnt hurt to have a black one.

i picked up a black suit a few weeks ago at jcrew, it was already on sale and then a 40% off sale discount, i paid like $350 for it.. now that's a steal.

This seems to be the better way to go about it. 2-3 well made suits. Spent the last night/morning looking at different ways to go about this. Nordstrom has a good chunk of boss suits at 50% off. Tailoring isn't covered though so add another couple hundred.

Does anyone have any experience with Indochino? I was looking at their site and it looks alright.
This post thanked by:
Old 01-20-2016, 03:56 PM   #6
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

I've seen quite a few bad reviews about Indochino. Mostly due to make quality/receiving the wrong size but they will help you with free alterations so I think that is definitely something you can look into. If you had to choose between a Boss suit and add some money in for alterations or an Indochino suit, I would 100% go with the Boss suit
AXKA. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 04:30 PM   #7
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by prudz View Post
Nordstrom has a good chunk of boss suits at 50% off. Tailoring isn't covered though so add another couple hundred.
Nordstrom in house alternation cost $70 for whole suit jacket & pant. $40 for just the blazer.

Also check out McArthurGlen Outlet Mall at the airport.
There is a BOSS outlet with a hugh selection of on sale suits.
Old 01-21-2016, 08:22 PM   #8
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender Unit View Post
Nordstrom in house alternation cost $70 for whole suit jacket & pant. $40 for just the blazer.

Also check out McArthurGlen Outlet Mall at the airport.
There is a BOSS outlet with a hugh selection of on sale suits.
Glad you posted that it's only $70. I was considering buying them then just taking them elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXKA. View Post
I've seen quite a few bad reviews about Indochino. Mostly due to make quality/receiving the wrong size but they will help you with free alterations so I think that is definitely something you can look into. If you had to choose between a Boss suit and add some money in for alterations or an Indochino suit, I would 100% go with the Boss suit
That's exactly what i'm leaning towards. Nordstrom has a pretty decent sale right now. Looks like a lot of $1300-1400 suits are 50% off right now. I'm going to check it out tomorrow afternoon. Looking at prices of all the other places the suits are coming very close to the price a boss suit with tailoring would run me. I'd rather spend an extra couple hundred for a high quality suit anyway.
Old 02-16-2016, 12:44 PM   #9
Waxin’ Punks

Thanked 6,043 Times in 2,076 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by prudz View Post
This seems to be the better way to go about it. 2-3 well made suits. Spent the last night/morning looking at different ways to go about this. Nordstrom has a good chunk of boss suits at 50% off. Tailoring isn't covered though so add another couple hundred.

Does anyone have any experience with Indochino? I was looking at their site and it looks alright.
Thanked because this post made me wonder if Boss suits are 50% off at other places as well. Called Grasby's in White Rock and picked up a very nice 3 piece last night half price!

$60 for pant & jacket alterations there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG1 View Post
punkwax, I don't care what your friends say about you, you are gold!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemhg View Post
What do your farts sound like then?
punkwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 09:53 PM   #10
MOD MOD MOD MOD MOD

Thanked 3,511 Times in 1,156 Posts
Bumping a thread.

I now need a really nice suit.

I'm looking at higher end brands. Anything I should look out for?

Basically I am trying to avoid cheaply made high end suits.

My budget is around 1500.

Should I just get it fully custom made?
[03-07, 03:26] Yodamaster - The feeling when you quickly insert without hitting the sides
nabs is offline   Reply With Quote