REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-22-2016, 07:10 AM   #51
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
^ the problem is that a nut allergy can only really have a negative impact on the person with the allergy, people reading misinformation from VCB could potentially affect their vote in an election for example.
A negative impact only on that person? Are you kidding, I can't eat peanuts/tree nuts anywhere because of these people.

Hugely impacts my quality of life...

Advertisement

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 07:44 AM   #52
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,872 Times in 3,849 Posts
You must be younger than me then, I managed to dodge the peanut nazis by a few years.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 10:00 AM   #53
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicBlues View Post
I'm surprised the couple of RS members who write for Vancity Buzz haven't chimed in yet on this bitchfest.
Haters gon hate? If people didn't read Vancity Buzz, then there would be no Vancity Buzz. As much as people bitch, they're still reading and that still results in profit. People bitch about Buzzfeed all the time too...Buzzfeed is a multi-million dollar operation.

Vancity Buzz traffic has already surpassed the websites for the Sun and Province I'm sure. Readership will probably pass actual newspaper readership too.

I don't write lists or whatever, though. I only write longform, in-depth restaurant articles with heavy image counts and although I might get a thousand or so shares if I write a great look at a ramen place, fact of the matter is...the clickbait brings in more revenue because people read it more.

Say what you want about Vancity Buzz but...whatever's on the site? It's what you wanted. The traffic doesn't lie.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-22-2016, 12:48 PM   #54
I'll never be Diggy, no matter how hard I try

Thanked 2,111 Times in 633 Posts
*drop mic

or

*drop plate of food
trollguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 05:44 PM   #55
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 7,759 Times in 2,313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
Haters gon hate? If people didn't read Vancity Buzz, then there would be no Vancity Buzz. As much as people bitch, they're still reading and that still results in profit. People bitch about Buzzfeed all the time too...Buzzfeed is a multi-million dollar operation.

Vancity Buzz traffic has already surpassed the websites for the Sun and Province I'm sure. Readership will probably pass actual newspaper readership too.

I don't write lists or whatever, though. I only write longform, in-depth restaurant articles with heavy image counts and although I might get a thousand or so shares if I write a great look at a ramen place, fact of the matter is...the clickbait brings in more revenue because people read it more.

Say what you want about Vancity Buzz but...whatever's on the site? It's what you wanted. The traffic doesn't lie.
You are just wrong, there are plenty of people that aren't reading it, aren't clicking the links, and don't get baited; So you really shouldn't lump everyone into this group you call "they". "they" certainly is not representative of the people posting in this thread.

It's just unfortunate that the "they" you are referring to represents half our countries population which is comprised of mostly idiots. Without this group of idiots you refer to as "they", VSB would cease to exist, but I guess someone needs to pander to this group of degenerates and dumbasses.

I wouldn't worry about it though, you feel free to continue being proud to be the one who writes articles that pander to neanderthals. Haters gon hate, amirite?

Spoiler!

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 05:58 PM   #56
GS8
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 7,219 Times in 1,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakshow View Post
^ well, there are a lot of idiots out there.. so that isn't surprising at all.
And that is the problem. I'm convinced that for every logical person out there, you'll find 10 idiots. Give social media access to an idiot and you'll see the idiotic things with idiotic results.

I used the FBP extension in Chrome to clean up my FB dashboard. No more stupid trending wall or seeing people like / share VCB posts. All I see now is the main feed from people / groups I want to see info. from. It's great.

Custom background too

GS8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-22-2016, 10:51 PM   #57
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
You are just wrong, there are plenty of people that aren't reading it, aren't clicking the links, and don't get baited; So you really shouldn't lump everyone into this group you call "they". "they" certainly is not representative of the people posting in this thread.

It's just unfortunate that the "they" you are referring to represents half our countries population which is comprised of mostly idiots. Without this group of idiots you refer to as "they", VSB would cease to exist, but I guess someone needs to pander to this group of degenerates and dumbasses.

I wouldn't worry about it though, you feel free to continue being proud to be the one who writes articles that pander to neanderthals. Haters gon hate, amirite?

Spoiler!
No problem. I get it. I'm just saying that rather than talk shit about VCB, blame the general public. VCB is just providing what the general public wants. I'm sure it's hard to find the need to "improve" when a list or a story about Middle Eastern men taking pictures get 60x the traffic of a "good" post. The numbers don't lie. VCB is just a reflection of Vancouver.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 11:32 PM   #58
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,497 Times in 4,892 Posts
Because of this thread, I am going to start reading VCB. Just for shits and giggles.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
MG1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 11:44 PM   #59
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,260 Times in 321 Posts

Last edited by asahai69; 01-20-2023 at 08:56 AM.
asahai69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 05:09 AM   #60
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post

First, don't confuse click-throughs with people actually reading the articles.

Second, don't confuse click-throughs with an indication of "what people want to see"... sometimes it's just to see what kind of bizarre shit Aunt Gertrude is sharing now.

I bet the National Enquirer gets plenty of click-throughs AND actual reads... doesn't make it a legitimate news source.

People like our own CiC constantly accuse "the mainstream media" of stirring up controversy just to drive ad revenue... bizarro media like VCM, Buzzfeed, etc. has them beat in that department, hands down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-24-2016, 04:30 PM   #61
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Thanked 3,177 Times in 621 Posts
And sometimes they just don't make sense... Time to get a spell checker.

-2018 BMW F30 340i M Performance Edition - Current
-2016 BMW F32 435i MPPK - Traded
-2011 BMW E92 335i - SOLD
-2009 Chrysler Sebring Convertible - SOLD
xXSupa is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-24-2016, 04:48 PM   #62
Head Moderator

Thanked 6,462 Times in 2,081 Posts
To be fair, a spell checker wouldn't have helped with that one. An efficient editor, on the other hand...
Lomac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-24-2016, 05:07 PM   #63
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSupa View Post
And sometimes they just don't make sense... Time to get a spell checker.

Just a wild guess, but I'm thinking that maybe a Vancouver developer is hoping to sell condos with no down payment....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 05:13 PM   #64
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 31,020 Times in 7,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post

As louis CK said: Just think how stupid the average person is, and then consider that 50% of people are stupider than that.
That was George Carlin

"Be careful with misquoting people on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Westopher is correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsy82 View Post
seems like you got a dick up your ass well..get that checked
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkwax View Post
Well.. I’d hate to be the first to say it, but Westopher is correct.
westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-25-2016, 08:18 PM   #65
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Vancity Buzz has no competition | VIAwesome
rslater is offline   Reply With Quote