REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

View Poll Results: out of the 3, which ethnicity is most welcomed in vancouver
Chinese 98 50.26%
Indian 20 10.26%
Filipinos 77 39.49%
Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-30-2016, 08:49 PM   #76
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,558 Times in 925 Posts
chinese refer white ppl as gwai lo aka ghost man
Advertisement
Mike Oxbig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 09:20 PM   #77
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactic_Phantom View Post
I have never ever heard a Chinese person called a Filipino a mango lol. The worst I've seen in HK is people refer all Indonesians and dark skinned people that are not brown or black as Filipinos (Bunbun) because they can't differentiate
That's another one bunbun, my number was actually saved through my ex gf's friend under the name bunbun lol
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 10:27 PM   #78
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,438 Times in 1,436 Posts
Bunbun = the last character of Philippines in Chinese. Fay Loot Bun. It was not intended to be offensive word. I do find Fay Yung (Philippines Maid, official name HK govt to name these helpers) makes them lower class than bunbun, imo
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 10:38 PM   #79
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 7,438 Times in 1,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Oxbig View Post
chinese refer white ppl as gwai lo aka ghost man
The word gwei in gweilo means foreign invaders in China back in 19th century. We called Japanese gwei as well. It does not mean you are a ghost from hell.

My white frds and colleagues in Hk all call themselves gweilo, only find offensive if people say sei gweilo.
asian_XL is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-31-2016, 12:22 AM   #80
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 3,680 Times in 1,522 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_M5 View Post
I've had white girls say: "How did you do that with just one finger?"
"How do I tell her that wasn't actually my finger...."

Sorry OP just couldn't resist. I take laughs where I can find em and this was just too easy to pass up.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
6o4__boi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 05:49 PM   #81
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

No Worries, just let her know: "in dog fights and sex, it's not the size of dog that matters, it's the size of the fight in the dog"
Peter_M5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 07:33 PM   #82
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactic_Phantom View Post
I have never ever heard a Chinese person called a Filipino a mango lol. The worst I've seen in HK is people refer all Indonesians and dark skinned people that are not brown or black as Filipinos (Bunbun) because they can't differentiate
We have a chinese frd who's skin is dark like filipino and we call him mango alot
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-31-2016, 08:34 PM   #83
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 4,062 Times in 1,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSALES View Post
I have spent a couple weeks in Hong Kong and I know there are a lot of Filipino maids and that they have their picnics together in the park or something on Sundays because that's the only day they have off or whatever

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
bcrdukes yray fucked bcrdukes up the nose

dapperfied yraisis
dapperfied yray so waisis

FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
FastAnna i really cant
FastAnna yray i cant stand you
yray is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-31-2016, 09:50 PM   #84
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

the most ironic stereotype I find is the driving one, people associate poor driving with something that seems to be inherently chinese, like there is some measurable intrinsic genetic link that chinese people are born with that makes them poor drivers

most people that make these general assumptions have never even set foot in china where the average driver has hyper awareness and road navigating dexterity - as a baseline to not crash let alone get from point a to b

if you give a bunch of house wives and old people +300hp cars with a N sticker - that is a receipe for disaster regardless of their ethnicity

Last edited by m4k4v4li; 04-15-2016 at 04:07 AM.
m4k4v4li is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-31-2016, 09:51 PM   #85
My homepage has been set to RS

why bother phili and chi
danned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 11:00 PM   #86
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4k4v4li View Post
the most ironic stereotype I find is the driving one, people associate poor driving with something that seems to be inherently chinese, like there is some measurable intrinsic genetic link that chinese people are born with that makes them poor drivers

most people that make these general assumptions have never even set foot in china where the average driver has hyper awareness and road navigating dexterity - as a baseline to not crash let alone get from point a to b

the # of skilled drivers in china probably engulf the entire population of north america
This is truth. however ignorance prevail especially in small town mindset places such as Vancouver. Driving in Vancouver is too oversimplified and straightforward. so that tends to "dumb down" the average drivers here in vancouver. I always find driving in Richmond very safe and according to ICBC data, Richmond has one of the lowest car accident rate per capita.
Stubborn locals sees one unexpected maneuver and then generalize all chinese as bad drivers is placing prejudice against Chinese. It is an act of modern day racism that's very much tolerated by mainstream. and This is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4k4v4li View Post
there are also lots of chinese from mainland china who are very cultured and well educated with manners
Firstly I very much disagree with your classification of ethnic Chinese. There is only one China. I encourage all to stop placing words such as "mainland" prior to China. China is one. One China. Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR, Taiwan, a majority of South China Sea islands are all part of China.

Hong Kong people are 100% Chinese. 90% of Taiwan is also Chinese. We are all descendants of Yan and Huang, this is in our blood. We are descendants of Huaxia civilization. One of the oldest great civilizations thats thriving for 6000 years. We are deeply influenced by Confucian ideology. We are cultured, we are mannered, and we are definitely highly educated.

Our civilization has been subject to invaders and intruders since beginning. The Great Wall was built to protect us from northern nomadics and barbarics, but not to invade. All we want is harmony and stable society. We differentiate ourselves from the barbarians.

China is not rising. If you examine history, up until just 400 years ago, China's economy, technology, and society was number one in the world. But since then we have fallen off our path because of both internal and external reasons. However, it is in our will to make our country prosperous again. Stop western imperialist from separating us and getting taken advantage of. This was the dream of Chongzhen last Emperor of Ming dynasty (1600AD) to see China flourish in the world again.

Step by step, we are just getting back to track to where we should be. China rise peacefully in harmony as one.
Gululu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 11:09 PM   #87

How do you keep going on and on and on? You're like a broken record.

I guess we should not differentiate humans since we all descend from a common ancestor eh?

We differentiate the mainland Chinese to others as many from mainland are uncultured in the Western traditions and rude because of the lack of formal education.

As a resident in Richmond, it terrifies me driving everyday. The hyper awareness, i disagree with, as every other block you travel someone is honking in aggravation. Being in China's taxi's again terrifies me as rules are mere suggestions and the enforcement of said rules are random.

Again not ALL Chinese are bad drivers, just an overwhelming portion.
Retrac is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 01-31-2016, 11:31 PM   #88
look at these diamonds, they shining

Thanked 1,813 Times in 553 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gululu View Post

Hong Kong people are 100% Chinese. 90% of Taiwan is also Chinese. We are all descendants of Yan and Huang, this is in our blood. We are descendants of Huaxia civilization. One of the oldest great civilizations thats thriving for 6000 years. We are deeply influenced by Confucian ideology. We are cultured, we are mannered, and we are definitely highly educated.
lost me there
Drow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 11:58 PM   #89
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
If China ever declared war on Canada, I would fight for Canada. Hell, I'd sooner support 'Murica than China.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 10:00 AM   #90
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
If my memory serves me correctly, they have picnic on every Sunday at the lobby of HSBC headquarter

My Buyer / Seller Rating
http://www.revscene.net/forums/60152...o-6-0-0-a.html
Y2K_o__o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 05:41 PM   #91
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
I always find driving in Richmond very safe and according to ICBC data, Richmond has one of the lowest reported car accident rate per capita.
fixed.

Quote:
Firstly I very much disagree with your classification of ethnic Chinese. There is only one China. I encourage all to stop placing words such as "mainland" prior to China. China is one. One China. Hong Kong SAR, Macau SAR, Taiwan, a majority of South China Sea islands are all part of China.

Hong Kong people are 100% Chinese. 90% of Taiwan is also Chinese. We are all descendants of Yan and Huang, this is in our blood. We are descendants of Huaxia civilization.
i think you're mixing up race and ethnicity. ethnicity includes sociocultural factors. don't tell me that hong kong has the same social values and culture as someone deep into the provinces of "mainland" china.

the different "terms placed prior to china" are to specify different ethnicities within the "race" of chinese people based on how the billion person population of china has evolved into many different types of microcultures/societies.

Last edited by entrax; 02-01-2016 at 05:52 PM.
entrax is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-02-2016, 11:29 PM   #92
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

actually gululu, statistically you are probably much more likely to be related to genghis khan

Last edited by m4k4v4li; 03-27-2016 at 03:02 AM.
m4k4v4li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 08:50 AM   #93
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 1,584 Times in 633 Posts
"Hong Kong people are 100% Chinese"

my dads friends son born in hk, but hes white

seriously gululu, do u even know the geography of China, just cuz are skin color is the same doesnt make us the same

northern chinese and southern Chinese arent even the same, so just because hong kong and Taiwan is part of China doesn't mean we are

just cuz were family doesnt mean i have to fucking like u

while your at better rage war on Singapore too cuz there Chinese

Quote:
Originally Posted by hk20000 View Post
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neva View Post
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
ae101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 09:51 AM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae101 View Post
"Hong Kong people are 100% Chinese"

my dads friends son born in hk, but hes white
China is ethnically diverse. we already have white russians around 100k population, some lived China for hundreds of years already. They all proudly call themselves Chinese. White Kazakhs, jews, euroasians, arabics, even Nigerians all live in China, as long as they have permanent residence status, and accept Chinese society, then they are Chinese.

Gululu is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 02-03-2016, 09:56 AM   #95

Quote:
China is ethnically diverse. we already have white russians around 100k population, some lived China for hundreds of years already. They all proudly call themselves Chinese. White Kazakhs, euroasians, arabics, even Nigerians all live in China, as long as they have permanent residence status, and accept Chinese society, then they are Chinese.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDXcMoq0FPk
THEN WHY AREN'T U DOING THAT IN CANADA

see the irony bro

Quote:
I went up to a cute chick and asked her if she'd let me take a photo of her for $30 she slapped me, she said to me that "I AIN'T A WHORE!"

But other than that I have seen every car on display in DTP just by cruising about in Richmond, thank you very much for collecting them together and get someone to sing a cover for "fuck you".

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
wtf man? what the hell kind of women do you go for? spca is for animals not dates...
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2016, 09:57 AM   #96
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 5,221 Times in 1,387 Posts
Can someone ban this clown already
[13-03, 11:25] MG1 when you hit the brakes, it shoots cum at pedestrian - bukkake

[12-03, 19:06] meme405 That e30 is so mexiflushed I thought we were in albuquerque

[12-03, 23:03] rb when i see a modded element. I have nothing but respect. either the parents kicked him out or the guy is killing hookers in the back
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2016, 10:00 AM   #97
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,785 Times in 2,492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinari View Post
can't. RS needs more on the

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 10:01 AM   #98

^
who else is going to post ruined expensive cars in the sick cars thread if we ban him lol

Quote:

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote:
Old 02-03-2016, 10:58 AM   #99
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 6,232 Times in 2,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akinari View Post
Even if you ban9 them, they'll just sign up with another account or with another IP.

You know the State has a huge budget to financially support mindless propaganda operations, right?

But the saddest thing of all is, in addition to these hired idiots, there are actually real life idiots that believe in this "China = biggest and best" bullshxt...
Traum is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-03-2016, 11:45 AM   #100

^
wait till u actually live in China, i see those guys alot

Quote:

OH FUCK YOU OH OH OOOOH~
Quote: