REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 01-27-2016, 08:47 PM   #1
I don't get it

LF: Witness/Dashcam at Nanimo and E 6th Ave

Hi all,

looking for a witness at nanimo and 6th ave on Jan. 27th approx 6:55-7:05pm who witnessed or may have caught on dashcam a car accident between a blue honda civic and a white toyota minivan.

There was a black SUV who saw this crash, but drove off before I could get out of my car, just hoping someone on here saw this happen.

Thank you!
Advertisement
Tillerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 09:15 PM   #2
HELP ME PLS!!!

sorry, I just drove by there, and saw the aftermath.

Hope everyone ok!
alex.w *// is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 12:56 PM   #3
I don't get it

Thanks for your concern alex.w!!

Everyone is okay, really sore and stiff in the neck, shoulder and back especially.

The guy who turned left into me wasn't admitting fault and refusing to give his license to me so it was frustrating. And the witness just drove off. But got it all cleared with icbc now and they are saying its 100% his fault.

So will not be needing the witnesses anymore.

Thanks all for taking a look at this thread!
This post thanked by:
Old 01-28-2016, 01:16 PM   #4
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
what happens in that situation where the other party is refusing to provide a DL?
do you just report it and inform ICBC they refused to provide?

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

GLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 01:25 PM   #5
I don't get it

I had to call police on the scene (about 10 minute wait since not a huge emergency) and they had to get the info from him.
There was a bit of a language barrier in his defense, but in my opinion you should know to get out license and insurance in an event of a crash.

But I did take pics of his plate and him in the event he didn't provide
Old 01-28-2016, 02:16 PM   #6
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

I would strongly consider getting a dash camera
pb.kidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 03:43 PM   #7
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,114 Times in 482 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
what happens in that situation where the other party is refusing to provide a DL?
last time i dealt with ICBC i asked the same question. they said you don't really need their DL no more. just the LP info is sufficient.
Alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 04:49 PM   #8
CRS
ninja edits your posts without your knowledge

Thanked 6,308 Times in 1,776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
This has happened to me before.

I asked for his licence, he refused - he didn't even acknowledge there was contact between his car my mine. This is despite my front license plate being ripped off (thankfully all caught on dashcam).

I just called ICBC and they asked if I wanted to report it as a hit and run since they were refusing to cooperate. I told them I had him right here but the CSR just said they'll classify it as a hit and run until the other party contacts them.

My FeedBack 53-0-0
CRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 07:52 PM   #9
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
it makes me wonder y some people would refuse to provide their drivers licenses info. maybe theyre not supposed to be driving in one way or another and when it comes time to report to icbc, another person who is legal to drive will claim they were the one driving. it just makes them more suspicious if they are refusing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 07:59 PM   #10
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Thanked 4,841 Times in 632 Posts
the driver's license is not necessary as long as the other vehicle is from BC and has a BC license plate. This is because the other vehicle's insurance policy follows the license plate, and not the driver's license.
H.Specter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 08:03 PM   #11
Head of HR....have a seat on that couch

Thanked 15,583 Times in 4,318 Posts
Yeah, fuck that shit. If they don't want to give their info, just call the cops and let them deal with it or call it in as a hit and run.

People should know how to deal with an accident (pull over, exchange info, etc) - at fault or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.Specter View Post
the driver's license is not necessary as long as the other vehicle is from BC and has a BC license plate. This is because the other vehicle's insurance policy follows the license plate, and not the driver's license.
Yes and no. As long as the vehicle stays insured, it stays with the policy but once that plate is turned in (car sold, policy not renewed) and the owner doesn't insure another vehicle, the surcharge has to go to someone.

Originally posted by v.b.
can we stop, my pussy hurts...
Originally posted by asian_XL
fliptuner, I am gonna grab ur dick and pee in your face, then rub shit all over my face...:lol
Originally posted by Fei-Ji
haha i can taste the cum in my mouth
Originally posted by FastAnna
when I was 13 I wanted to be a video hoe so bad

RSUV #7
fliptuner is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: