REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Non-REVscene Social Meets (https://www.revscene.net/forums/non-revscene-social-meets_199/)
-   -   Cruise For Your Cause 2016 - April 30/2016 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/707388-cruise-your-cause-2016-april-30-2016-a.html)

BoostedBB6 01-30-2016 09:26 AM

Cruise For Your Cause 2016 - April 30/2016

The 5th Annual Cruise
Date: Saturday April 30, 2016
Route: start location BC Kidney Foundation HQ 4940 Canada Way, Burnaby.
The parking lot being used is found just in behind the main buildings off Ledger ave. Simply, if you are heading either east or west on Canada Way, you will be turning NORTH on Ledger Ave and drive past the buildings...driveway to the parking lot will be on your left.

Time: 9:00am meet, 9:30am SHARP departure

A full, detailed itinerary will be emailed to everyone who registers. Join us at the start in Burnaby and receive a complete welcome package with map, itinerary and stickers.

Purpose
To honour a man who meant so much to so many people (my dad) and to remember those who are special for many others.
To unite those who have one common interest and give to a cause that may make a difference in someone else’s life.

Who

This event is for everyone, simple. No matter what you drive, no matter the circumstance, there is someone who has had an impact in your life that you may feel you need to say "thanks" by way of a simple donation or action.

Why
This will mark five years since my dad passed away. I want to keep his memory alive and wish to make this an annual event. I know there are many, many different organizations and events that give and support many, many different causes but there seems to be very little that make me feel I can remember and support what my dad went through. I wanted to do something I enjoy doing and support a cause specific to my desire and know there must be many other people around who wish to do the same. So I hope that this is the start of something new. We can all remember who we want, support who we want and gather together to drive!!

How to participate

Pick your charity and donate at your discretion. If you don't have a desired charity, then please consider supporting the Kidney Foundation or any multitude of charities that can be found on www.canadahelps.org . Their website is safe and secure and has access to thousands of Canadian charities. Once you have donated, please REGISTER, it's FREE!!! The registration link is found above and will only take a minute to fill out. The minimal information requested is only used to keep track of how much support was raised. Your confirmation number will also be used for the raffle prize giveaways that will happen throughout the Cruise. No other personal information will be collected. Your charity name and amount will be posted on the website to highlight the diversity of needs and challenges facing our local community and abroad.

And then all that's left is to come out on April 30, 2016 and Cruise! We're hoping for great weather, great cars and great stories!! Please join us for this memorable event!!