REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 07-19-2016, 10:31 AM   #251
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,801 Times in 572 Posts
i understand the point of the GOP not representing the makeup of the nation, but the democracts haven't really done much to improve race relations.

its not up to the gov't to improve race relations, hasta be a social change...and the US seems stuck in the 1960s.
Advertisement
Old 07-19-2016, 10:43 AM   #252
No. Seriously. I never fucking get it.

Thanked 4,250 Times in 1,272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Find the black person

Paul Ryan selfie with a bunch of GOP interns.
People tend to like Justin Trudeau because he got more women involved in politics...in fact, his party is comprised by 50% women.
At least Paul Ryan is doing the same thing in that picture.

Maybe black people in general, don't get involved in politics. Who knows? (12% of Americans are blacks)

As you can see, I don't see any Asians here either. (15% of Canadians are Asians)
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-19-2016, 10:51 AM   #253
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 2,824 Times in 1,182 Posts
Spoiler!

If you wanna get technical...yeah there are asians lol
I know what you mean though
Politics just isn't an appealing career...fuck i'd rather take my chances in med school than be a politician.
"I have a lot of beliefs, and I live by none of them. They're just my beliefs, they make me feel good about who I am. But if they get in the way of a thing I want, like I wanna jack off or something, I just do that."
Old 07-19-2016, 11:15 AM   #254
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 3,378 Times in 1,520 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
People tend to like Justin Trudeau because he got more women involved in politics...in fact, his party is comprised by 50% women.
At least Paul Ryan is doing the same thing in that picture.

Maybe black people in general, don't get involved in politics. Who knows? (12% of Americans are blacks)

As you can see, I don't see any Asians here either. (15% of Canadians are Asians)
India is a part of Asia and Shaun Chen is Chinese. That 15% stat includes people from India.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asian_...s#Demographics

Dusty Nuggets
This post thanked by:
Old 07-19-2016, 12:15 PM   #255
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 4,878 Times in 1,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timpo View Post
I saw a joke on twitter that it's actually picture of kids who can afford to take an unpaid internships thanks to their families.

Sadly more of an observation than a joke at this point.

Also as pointed out, there's clearly at least three individuals of Indian descent in that picture
1999 Mazda Miata - Weekend Driver
2007 Toyota Rav4 Sport V6 - Current
2003 Mazda Protege5 - Sold
1987 BMW 325is - Sold
1990 Mazda Miata - Sold

100% Buy and Sell Feedback
Old 07-19-2016, 03:42 PM   #256
Ask me about killing a hobo and dumping his body in the river

Quote:
Originally Posted by yray View Post
would you bang melania or ivanka?

Spoiler!
Personally Ivanka, she looks better... Melania looks like a guy in that picture....

[18-02, 21:40] ICE BOY please come over and wrap me in your foreskin.
[18-10, 14:35] ZN6 Evo if you here: Say what your heart feels, cause those who matter don't mind, and those who mind shouldn't matter
[26-07, 14:46] ZN6 I gonna nibble on your scrotum

93 honda civic si *RIP* (Rice)
2010 Evolution X *RIP (AwdFun)
2012 E93 M3 (CoquihallaHwyRunner)
2010 Chevrolet Colbalt LT (PrinceGeorgeBeater)
2000 GMC Yukonxl 1500 (RichmondMobile)
This post thanked by:
Old 07-19-2016, 03:46 PM   #257
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 6,604 Times in 2,295 Posts
Ivanka way hotter..
This post thanked by:
Old 07-19-2016, 04:32 PM   #258
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

If Malania looks like a guy, call me gay.
Old 07-19-2016, 05:30 PM   #259
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,311 Times in 672 Posts

I think she did botox on her lips so now she looks kinda like donald

Quote:
MG1: in fact, a new term needs to make its way into the American dictionary. Trump............ he's such a "Trump" = ultimate insult. Like, "yray, you're such a trump."
[26-06, 19:29] Mr.Stubbz too big for meeeee

[29-06, 13:42] FastAnna you literally talk out your ass
[29-06, 13:41] FastAnna i really cant
[29-06, 13:41] FastAnna yray i cant stand you
Old 07-19-2016, 05:46 PM   #260
y'all better put some respeck on my name

Thanked 7,191 Times in 1,914 Posts
Old 07-19-2016, 07:53 PM   #261
I help report spam so I got this! <--

Melania still banging for her age. Would definitely be up there with Jacqueline Kenedy as hottest 1st ladies.

When she was younger:
Old 07-22-2016, 12:42 PM   #262
I signed up to a Zionist website and all the Illuminati gave me was this lousy usertitle

classless dimwit shills put on a show behind the scenes of the Republican national convention.
jasonturbo & westopher in the election thread
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8668948
http://www.revscene.net/forums/70467...ml#post8667115
Real news
www.tinyurl.com/kpg44bc
This post thanked by:
This post FAILED by:
Old 07-22-2016, 01:04 PM   #263
hello

Thanked 2,340 Times in 790 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLove View Post
Personally Ivanka, she looks better... Melania looks like a guy in that picture....
I see no guy in that picture. Have you ever considered changing your screen name to ManLove?

srsly tho, Ivanka is the definition of my dream woman. Hot, blonde, rich, educated, hot.

I like to think that she can't cook though. It makes me feel better about my own life.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2016, 01:57 PM   #264
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 6,462 Times in 1,712 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesInCharge View Post
classless dimwit shills put on a show behind the scenes of the Republican national convention.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJvvkgjR2zQ

I love TYT because they feel the same way about things as I do #newsthatreaffirmsmybeliefs
This post thanked by:
Old 07-22-2016, 02:00 PM   #265
this is the hardest n***a of all time

Thanked 4,444 Times in 1,780 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhypa View Post
I like to think that she can't cook though. It makes me feel better about my own life.

Spoiler!

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
Quote:
[04-06, 11:34]radiomanI'm doing happy hour with bj#3 today
[07-04, 10:27]radiomani need just the tip
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

This post thanked by:
Old 07-25-2016, 11:28 AM   #266
GS8
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Thanked 3,304 Times in 864 Posts
Trump's chances may have increased after this weekend's bombshell

Sanders voters feel vindicated by leaked emails showing 'rigged' system
Democrats open their convention amid drama and controversy that fuels anger among Sanders voters
By Meagan Fitzpatrick, CBC News Posted: Jul 25, 2016 11:58 AM ET Last Updated: Jul 25, 2016 12:14 PM ET

Quote:
The Democratic National Convention kicked off in Philadelphia today under a cloud of controversy, one that is energizing Bernie Sanders supporters who say they are vindicated by it.

On the eve of a convention that is meant to solidify party unity in the wake of a divisive primary season between Sanders and Hillary Clinton, the party was instead dealing with the fallout from allegations that it was biased and tried to undermine his campaign and that leaked emails now prove it.

As delegates arrived from around the country Sunday and Sanders supporters were demonstrating in the streets during an already planned rally, the DNC's chairwoman announced she would step down at the end of the week when the convention is over. The move is seen as a swift attempt to deal with the controversy and smooth over the tension this has caused among delegates.

Debbie Wasserman Schultz's resignation is what Sanders wanted all along; he complained about her conduct long ago, and in a statement Sunday he called it the "right decision."

His delegates wholeheartedly agree and say more needs to be done.

"That's not enough. That's a step acknowledging a problem but that does nothing to rectify the problem," said Amy Buchanan, a delegate from Nebraska who was rushing through the halls of Philadelphia's convention centre Monday morning.

Abby Davis, who was walking alongside her and similarly wearing a Sanders T-shirt, said the leaked emails do little to help engender goodwill among Sanders supporters, who were already angry and bitter with the DNC.

"We keep hearing about party unity and they aren't considering the fact that they've actively worked against our candidate. That doesn't make us want to unify with them," the 18-year-old said.

Emotions are high

The emails published on Friday by Wikileaks reveal embarrassing messages by Schultz, a Florida Congresswoman, and other DNC staff. The DNC is supposed to remain neutral and not favour one candidate over another, but the emails showed some staff clearly had their preferences. They criticized the Sanders campaign and some discussed how to undercut it.

It's not known who hacked into the DNC's email system or who leaked nearly 20,000 emails, but fingers are pointing at Russians. Clinton's campaign has suggested it might be an effort to help Republican nominee Donald Trump get elected.

Sanders supporters say the emails prove what Sanders argued throughout the primaries that the DNC wanted Clinton to win and rigged the process to ensure that happened. The Vermont senator had pointed to a number of examples including a debate schedule that Sanders felt would give him less exposure, a fundraising arrangement between the party and Clinton, and Clinton supporters getting key roles on convention committees.

"We did think that they were rigging the primaries and it turned out to be true. We are not surprised but the emotions are really high," said Daniel Carter, a delegate from Florida. "There are some pissed off people."

DEM 2016 Philadelphia
A supporter of Senator Bernie Sanders holds up a sign on Sunday in Philadelphia, calling for Debbie Wasserman Schultz, chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee to be fired. Schultz did announce her resignation Sunday evening amid controversy over leaked emails from the DNC. (Alex Brandon/Associated Press)

Carter stopped to talk as he was leaving a rally for Sanders on Sunday night in the park across from the Wells Fargo Center, where the convention's evening speeches take place and where Sanders is due to address the party Monday night.

The 19-year-old college student said he arrived in Philadelphia that day excited and ready to celebrate everything Sanders had accomplished, but this controversy is changing the dynamic.

'It was validating'

"What they did to us is ridiculous. They laughed at us ... like we were nothing," Carter said, calling the emails "the last straw" for a lot of Sanders supporters. "A lot of people are angry and fed up."

Erin Kreider was also at the Sanders support rally and said the leaked emails exposed to the public what they've known all along: "This has been rigged."

Kreider, 30, said Sanders supporters had been viewed as conspiracy theorists but now that's going to change. "We don't have to be that fringe element anymore, because we're right. We've known this was going on all along. It was validating."

The email scandal is fuelling resentment that Sanders voters already had toward the DNC and it's threatening to hinder Clinton's campaign slogan and a theme of the convention, "Stronger Together."

Daniel-Carter
Daniel Carter, 19, is a Bernie Sanders delegate from Florida who said the leaked emails from the Democratic National Committee prove the party was trying to undermine the Sanders campaign and his supporters are angry about it. (Meagan Fitzpatrick/CBC News)

Sanders, however, is expected to still play his part in forging party unity at the convention. He is meeting with his delegates Monday afternoon and when he makes his keynote speech later in the evening he is expected to still make the case for Clinton as well as the progressive agenda that he helped advance.

Sanders acknowledged defeat and endorsed Clinton earlier in the month, though he has not suspended his campaign and released his delegates. They will still cast their votes for him when there is a roll call vote by state on Tuesday.

Clinton campaign officials tried to downplay the effect of the story on party unity at a news conference Monday morning. "Our party is coming together here to unify, to elect Hillary Clinton and defeat Donald Trump and that's what you are going to see today," said Robby Mook, campaign manager for Hillary for America.

Mook said he's excited for Sanders to speak Monday night and he anticipates Clinton's former rival will "double-down" on his endorsement of her.

Sanders supporters say also getting in the way of repairing the damage caused by the emails is Clinton's reaction to it. They aren't pleased that she gave Schultz a role in her campaign.

Schultz given new campaign role

Clinton said in a statement Sunday that Schultz will serve as honorary chair of her 50-state program to help elect Democrats across the country and she will serve as a campaign surrogate and campaign for her.

Tao Weilundemo, a Missouri delegate, said the resignation at first appeared as a conciliatory move but then Clinton's praise for Schultz "felt like cronyism."

"Any goodwill that might have been earned by her resigning evaporated with that in my opinion," he said outside the room where he would be hearing from Sanders. "It feels like she got rewarded for whatever she did to help Hillary get to the position she's at."
Sanders voters feel vindicated by leaked emails showing 'rigged' system - World - CBC News

Which lead to:

DNC Chairwoman resigning

DNC chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz resigns amid Wikileaks email scandal - World - CBC News

Also, Bernie predicted what the DNC was already doing

Democratic Party was hostile to Bernie Sanders, hacked emails show - World - CBC News

Repubs gonna have a field day with this ONLY IF the media talks about it in-depth.

Worst election ever...
This post thanked by:
Old 07-25-2016, 11:51 AM   #267

Thanked 1,762 Times in 776 Posts
Can't believe how much of a shxt show this US election has deterioated into...

Can we just have Obama for another 2 terms?
Old 07-25-2016, 03:23 PM   #268
I STILL don't get it

At least his campaign was about hope and change. This year's election is about fear mongering and scandal instead.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-25-2016, 03:55 PM   #269
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 4,837 Times in 922 Posts
I am on donalds side after reading these emails on wikileaks

I hate donald, dont get me wrong but he gets a small bump for me. I can not trust either but probably trust Trump a bit more

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Old 07-25-2016, 04:04 PM   #270
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 6,604 Times in 2,295 Posts
it's seemingly only Canadians who want Obama for 4 more years.

Every American I've ever talked to is almost in full agreement that he has been one of the worst presidents they've had in recent memory.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-25-2016, 04:06 PM   #271
In RS I Trust

Thanked 16,172 Times in 3,752 Posts
Trump is balls to the walls telling you how he see's it. Clinton just seems way more sleazy to me by the way she acts. Ya Trump is sleazy as well but at least he doesn't give a fuck.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-25-2016, 04:10 PM   #272
Need to Seek Professional Help

Thing with Trump is.. when he screws us all over, we'll all see it coming. And atleast we can say.. told you so. With Hilary, shes sneaky enough to screw us without us knowing...

Sigh, what a world we live in now.
This post thanked by:
Old 07-25-2016, 04:24 PM   #273

Thanked 1,762 Times in 776 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondaracer View Post

Every American I've ever talked to is almost in full agreement that he has been one of the worst presidents they've had in recent memory.
My impression is that the majority of the world -- perhaps excluding the Middle East -- considers Obama to be a pretty good president.

I wonder why so many 'Muricans think poorly of Obama though. While I agree that he seems a bit ineffective and at times undeserving of the presidency in his first term, he absolutely kicked a$$ when the setup pieces all fell into place in his second term.

- Passed Obamacare
- steered and recovered from the general GWB mess (esp on the economy)
- Wall Street reforms
- saved the US auto industry
- killed bin Laden
- bringing troops back home

and many, many more. With a track record like that, how can Americans think he is a bad president?
Old 07-25-2016, 04:25 PM   #274
linguistic ninja

Quote:

LOL, did you talk to any of the 65,915,796 Americans that re-elected him in 2012? I guess they don't fit your redneck demographic.

Did any of them care to elaborate or did they just murmur something about "taking our country back"?

Still a card carrying member of the SFC :)
This post thanked by:
Old 07-25-2016, 04:44 PM   #275
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 16,683 Times in 3,593 Posts
Quote:

Take a hard look at the demographic of americans you've spoke to that are saying that and I bet you will see a trend.
Westopher is correct.